Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 19 61.29%
Recommended 6 19.35%
NOT Recommended 6 19.35%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2011, 11:17   #16
BHPian

Re: Independent garage : New Mars (Kukatpally, Hyderabad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Pending stuff is replacing the hatch's shockers which will smoothen closing the hatch door, replacing the remote boot opener wire and number plate.
Decided to get the 40K service of my Alto done at New Mars so went and handed over the car to Mr Prabhu last Thursday noon time. The odo actually read as 38,821.

While handing over the car, told the person taking charge of the car that there are no specific complaints and just want the regular service done but want Mr Prabhu to do a test drive and take a call.

Later in the afternoon, Mr Prabhu said that he can give back the car by 6pm. Not being very fond of driving in the massive peak hour traffic when testing the car, I opted for delivery next day at 3pm.

The regular service cost me Rs. 1,351 for consumables, etc. and Rs. 600 for the service.

Also got the rear wiper replaced, rear left wheel cylinder assembly replaced, dickey shockers assembly replaced, rear shock absorbers replaced, rear brake overhauled, wheel alignment and balancing done.

Grand total cost including regular service came to Rs. 5,500.

The car is now running so smooth that I do not have words to explain. Itching to do a long drive in the car.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 13:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Once my Palio D (sold) broke down. As I was not confident about my regular service center, i towed it to New Mars. They couldn't identify the problem and sent it to my regular service center which specializes in Fiat. This could be a one-off case.

But the car felt brilliant after i picked from the service. There were no special instructions from me but the car felt very different.

Getting personal attention from Prabhu is difficult. His mechanics once downplayed my complaint about overheating.

Overall I had mixed feelings, but they are better of all the workshops i visited.
Old 19th December 2011, 15:49   #18
BHPian

Went twice for service of my Indica Xeta. Not very impressed though. Had gone with high expectations after reading reviews here. The car alignment was fixed wonderfully as i had tried couple of other places earlier. But had an issue with some whining sound coming periodically from the AC unit and some groaning noise from the front wheels whenever I turn the steering wheels.

This after the first time I gave the car for foul smell coming from the AC vents which as I suspected turned out to be a dead rat.I was told to get some repairs on the AC unit (cant remember the technical details) even though the cooling was great. I took their word and agreed. The noise started a few days later. I do not know what caused this and I have no reason to blame the service centre.

This noise (its still there) would disappear the moment the blower was turned off or the AC switched off. I couldn't get any satisfactory resolution. I specifically told the mechanic that I dont think its their fault , just to fix it and I will pay any charges.\. Mr Prabhu was not there and I couldn't wait to meet him.But there were no call backs subsequently.

Mixed reactions overall but I guess its an isolated incident. I would not and did not go back again.

Some points

a)They are busy with many cars and mostly upper segment cars.That must mean they are reasonably good with work mostly
b)That also may be the reason for the odd poor workmanship and time delays
c)Not very receptive to customer telling about his problem , in my case the AC sound
Old 21st July 2012, 00:20   #19
BHPian

Its a great workshop, Painting is nicely done, you can see the fleet of cars getting serviced there, About the sports cars, This the best place to get tuned, Its very old & well known workshop, I guess this has been established in early 90's & are specialized in tuning sports cars in those days.

In one of my visit i have seen an AUDI R8 to do the front grill work & painting, When enquired, I was told that the car belongs to a Tamil top hero.

NEW MARS Has also won many drag races, if you get in to the billing section, you can see the trophy's & shields, in fact you can also see the cars used for the race.

Painting Job, Body work, replacements, Servicing, yes this is best place. Its a multi Brand service center. Ranging from M800 to Audi, Merc,BMW & Porsche.
joshuakeys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2012, 14:22   #20
BHPian

A Plymouth being restored at New Mars. Candy Apple red matt finish dual tone.
Independent garage : New Mars (Kukatpally, Hyderabad)-img04165201208041207.jpg
absynthguzzler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2013, 12:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Had my car coated waxed and polished after a long trip to the Muziris Bienalle. Mr. Prabhu seemed very knowledgeable and I appreciated the fact that he came down personally to inspect the car and also called me later in the evening once everything was done, to ask me if I was satisfied. Indeed I am, the paint has retained its depth but at the same time also got a lot shinier and the scratch put on my mirror by an over optimistic bus driver who swung out into my lane just to overtake another bus, had vanished. I had to flash my lights at him, veer off to the shoulder and stop dead in my tracks to accommodate that pillock's maneuver. Anyway all in all I would recommend New Mars to anyone out there and also recommend that if you are making a road trip to Kerala, use the smallest car in your garage :P

Last edited by IshaanIan : 12th January 2013 at 12:28.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2013, 12:24   #22
BHPian

New Mars seems to be highly recommended. But it is too far from my place. Any good workshop in Madhapur area. I want to get body work done on Verna. I will check Hyundai service center in gachibowli if nothing is closeby
Old 25th March 2013, 15:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
New Mars seems to be highly recommended. But it is too far from my place. Any good workshop in Madhapur area. I want to get body work done on Verna. I will check Hyundai service center in gachibowli if nothing is closeby
It is very far from where I stay too and the traffic in that area doesn't help things either, but when it comes to my cars, I don't want anything to go wrong and mr Prabhu is a very knowledgeable and easily approachable man so new mars makes a strong case no matter where you live. I do believe that they have a pick up and delivery service though so you might want to call and ask about that
Old 17th August 2013, 22:32   #24
BHPian

Its been a month since I gave my car to new mars for regular service after looking at the review and feedback here. The initial response was very good where Mr Prabhu personally checked the vehicle. After that, it was left to the team to take it forward. I opted for synthetic Oil along with full flush. I am disappointed to see that there is no flushing mentioned in the bill but the regular mineral oil is replaced with Synthetic. When questioned, I was told that the flushing is done which I doubt. After a month, when I felt the need for some repair and checked for tool kit, shocked to see that it is missing. My spare wheel well is full of water which might have seeped during the water servicing. To give them the benefit of doubt, There is no obvious sign of leakage which might answer the presence of water there. Overall, I would not opt for this again. The workshop is not for the regular folks. I would better opt for MASS next time.
Old 18th August 2013, 09:35   #25
BHPian

Diagonally opposite lane to south india shopping mall, I can find so many car accessories and decors shop. Any reliable shops in there. I am relocating there and would like get sticked to a good reliable valuable shop for my headlight, wiper, HU, speaker, reverse camera purchase.
Old 17th January 2014, 11:08   #26
BHPian

are XENEX guys any good in dent and paint jobs.
Old 12th February 2014, 10:16   #27
BHPian

I had a very disappointing experience with New Mars garage.

After reading positive reviews in this thread, I took my sx4 for denting/painting its front bumper and fender. Initial quotation was 6K, but it ended up at 7K. Work is great but there are certain points I want to bring it to your notice.

1. Unlike other people said I found that Mr.Prabhu is very egoistic and arrogant person. Of course he will come and involve personally with every individual car but he behaves as if he is the ONLY one in the world who knows everything about automobiles. His body language is very egoistic and he never responded with a respect during my conversation with him. When I called him to know the status he is shouting like "CAN YOU CALL AFTER SOMETIME? I AM HAVING MY LUNCH". I really hate this type of attitude.

2. Just 2 weeks back I have topped up the coolant in a shell gas station when someone identified that the level was below normal. I forgot to tell this to guys at new mars. After I handed over my car, they sent an estimation and I was surprised to see "coolant" and "distilled water" included. How on earth anybody can simply add such stuff without even looking at the level of the coolant under the hood ? So, I immediately called him up and mentioned the same, then during our conversation he shouted at his guys "guys no coolant for sx4, only top it up with distilled water" and he cut down the call. He wasn't even patient enough what I was going to convey. Since distilled water is just 30 rupees I had to let it go. After taking delivery of my car, I was surprised to see that there is no change in the coolant level. It means, they simply charged without any reason!!

3. All bulbs are working fine, thy simply changed 2 bulbs. I am not sure if they really did it.

4. Delivery was very late. They called me and told me "sir pls come by 7 and collect your vehicle". When I reached the garage around 7, they are still fitting nuts for the bumper. I had to wait nearly 1/2 hr.

5.During the delivery time I had asked Prabhu whether he can reduce the cost or at least wave off 2.5% exta charge on credit card. He denied and started blabbering "You really don't have any clue how much it actually cost me and I am making no profit out of it"... I say this is bullshit. Nobody does anything without any profit in this world. The way he responded is like "you don't know anything, listen to me what I say"! I wouldn't expect this type of behavior from anybody who is giving some service to a common man.

Overall work quality is good, but this feeling is nullified by Mr.Prabhu's behavior and other silly factors mentioned above. I would probably never go to this guy again. I am very satisfied with regular Maruthi guys. They do decent job for decent amount. This guys is suitable for Audi's and Bimmers where a specialized painting need to be done, but he is too big for Desi cars, I feel!

Last edited by dilsoft : 12th February 2014 at 10:24.
dilsoft is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 13:51   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilsoft View Post
I had a very disappointing experience with New Mars garage.

After reading positive reviews in this thread, I took my sx4 for denting/painting its front bumper and fender. Initial quotation was 6K, but it ended up at 7K. Work is great but there are certain points I want to bring it to your notice.

1. Unlike other people said I found that Mr.Prabhu is very egoistic and arrogant person. Of course he will come and involve personally with every individual car but he behaves as if he is the ONLY one in the world who knows everything about automobiles. His body language is very egoistic and he never responded with a respect during my conversation with him. When I called him to know the status he is shouting like "CAN YOU CALL AFTER SOMETIME? I AM HAVING MY LUNCH". I really hate this type of attitude.

2. Just 2 weeks back I have topped up the coolant in a shell gas station when someone identified that the level was below normal. I forgot to tell this to guys at new mars. After I handed over my car, they sent an estimation and I was surprised to see "coolant" and "distilled water" included. How on earth anybody can simply add such stuff without even looking at the level of the coolant under the hood ? So, I immediately called him up and mentioned the same, then during our conversation he shouted at his guys "guys no coolant for sx4, only top it up with distilled water" and he cut down the call. He wasn't even patient enough what I was going to convey. Since distilled water is just 30 rupees I had to let it go. After taking delivery of my car, I was surprised to see that there is no change in the coolant level. It means, they simply charged without any reason!!

3. All bulbs are working fine, thy simply changed 2 bulbs. I am not sure if they really did it.

4. Delivery was very late. They called me and told me "sir pls come by 7 and collect your vehicle". When I reached the garage around 7, they are still fitting nuts for the bumper. I had to wait nearly 1/2 hr.

5.During the delivery time I had asked Prabhu whether he can reduce the cost or at least wave off 2.5% exta charge on credit card. He denied and started blabbering "You really don't have any clue how much it actually cost me and I am making no profit out of it"... I say this is bullshit. Nobody does anything without any profit in this world. The way he responded is like "you don't know anything, listen to me what I say"! I wouldn't expect this type of behavior from anybody who is giving some service to a common man.

Overall work quality is good, but this feeling is nullified by Mr.Prabhu's behavior and other silly factors mentioned above. I would probably never go to this guy again. I am very satisfied with regular Maruthi guys. They do decent job for decent amount. This guys is suitable for Audi's and Bimmers where a specialized painting need to be done, but he is too big for Desi cars, I feel!
Only just noticed this post .

1 : Its only human to seek comfort whilst someone is having a meal . Infact , for you not being considerate on this aspect and giving him the benefit of doubt speaks a lot.

2 : Do you know that in a full service, distilled water is used in wiper reservoir top ups too ? I guess not. Grossly false accusation towards malpractice.

3 : What happened to checking the bill prior to payment . Whether its a private or company owned workshop, that should be standard practice. Also in addition, the removed parts are always given to customer when asked. You could've checked on same if there was an error. Going by the erroneous judgement made in point 1 and 2 , i wont be surprised if you never noticed that only one bulb or something worked either in high or low beam . Maybe even just an indicator bulb , who knows! . As a member on this forum, it would be better to use the platform to educate yourself on bad practices - both on customer and service front so that this kind of confusion n misrepresentation doesn't arise.

4 : You mentioned that you called during lunchtime to sort out the final deliverables . That clearly states that Prabhu worked on your car post lunch. this is a FACT since i visited the workshop that evening , including another team-bhp member NaveenKK . We very clearly remember confirmation on estimate and quotation being cleared only around 2pm. I was there till 8pm and dont remember car still being worked upon since 6. Sour grapes seriously. Find another workshop that would deliver in half a day without compromising on quality ( you've vouched for it yourself ) and then you'll be more understanding towards 30 mins delays if at all .

5. Doesn't need a response. It's just ill to link cc transaction surcharges with margin of a workshop. Any discount should have been discussed prior to acceptance of work estimate.

Do you want me to post video footage of that day to show your car was not being worked upon as you mentioned? Me and Naveen are there in it too .

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 17th March 2014 at 14:10.
absynthguzzler is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 14:10   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

1. Unlike other people said I found that Mr.Prabhu is very egoistic and arrogant person. Of course he will come and involve personally with every individual car but he behaves as if he is the ONLY one in the world who knows everything about automobiles. His body language is very egoistic and he never responded with a respect during my conversation with him.
I have met him a couple of times at New Mars. He is a very sweet guy.

Quote:
When I called him to know the status he is shouting like "CAN YOU CALL AFTER SOMETIME? I AM HAVING MY LUNCH". I really hate this type of attitude.
I would also do the same. Come on dilsoft, all of us work really hard and a lunch break is one of the few minutes we get to relax.

Would you rather talk with a guy who is eating and talking at the same time.

If I did that I can almost see my old class teacher coming screaming at me with her ruler ready to say, "don't open your mouth while eating"
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 00:54   #30
BANNED

Quote:
I took my sx4 for denting/painting its front bumper and fender. Initial quotation was 6K, but it ended up at 7K. Work is great but there are certain points I want to bring it to your notice.
6K initially was given as an 'Estimate' and NOT the final price that you would have to pay up at the time of delivery so don't get upset for it. The estimate is a rough figure that would be costing with a margin of +/- 1Kon practical terms. So you have kept in mind that the bill could be between 5-7K. Assuring yourself 6K is lame and costs do go up once work is started as the "real" problem is known when parts are opened up which is not the case when you hand over the car to service guys.

Quote:
1. Unlike other people said I found that Mr. Prabhu is very egoistic and arrogant person. Of course he will come and involve personally with every individual car but he behaves as if he is the ONLY one in the world who knows everything about automobiles. When I called him to know the status he is shouting like "CAN YOU CALL AFTER SOMETIME? I AM HAVING MY LUNCH". I really hate this type of attitude.
Not done buddy! He knows what he does and I feel is the best of the lot in Hyderabad where we can trust eyes closed. It is very rare for the owner himself to give personal attention to each and every car that comes into his garage and then TD it personally after the service is done to ensure things are 'right' before handing over the car to the customer.

I guess you would have called him up during 1-2:30 pm time range which is well-known to be the lunch hour! Calling up then and discussing about your is a bit tiresome for him too as peace is what a human needs when eating and not calls over mobile. I guess even you would get irritated if someone called you between a meal!

Quote:
Distilled water is used in wiper fluid and battery also AFAIK.

Quote:
+1 to absynthguzzler

Quote:
Your car ain't the only one that has to be delivered and a time frame of delay i.e +/- 1 hour must be given to any ASC. Waiting only for 30 minutes and cribbing is too much to digest. I am happy that the figure is only 30 min and not greater. I am sure they would have told you that a delay may happen or the car could be delivered before the promised time.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks