Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2011, 21:56   #16
BANNED

Re: Global Tyres (Cochin)

Bought 4 Michelins from them and paid with my Credit card. They charged 2% extra for my CC. I've always paid with my CC even for services and no one has ever charged me extra so far. Also, no discounts!

My rating: 2.5/5
Old 31st July 2011, 22:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

I had the same experience at Pitstop some time back. Had to bargain hard for a waiver of the card extra. And the way this group reply to telephonic inquiries are quite irritating..
Old 31st July 2011, 23:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Bought 4 Michelins from them and paid with my Credit card. They charged 2% extra for my CC. I've always paid with my CC even for services and no one has ever charged me extra so far. Also, no discounts!

Which size you bought and what was the rate? The quotes from them has been the lowest in kochi
Old 1st August 2011, 10:03   #19
BHPian

Quote:

My first association with them 3 years back was very bad.They were arrogant and indifferent-esp the owner. I chose not to buy my alloys and tyres from them-then.

Recently-I visited their new show room near Kundannoor . Filled N2 and bought 3D Kagu mats-the treatment was professional,matter of fact.Got a discount for the mats too.When I visited them for the second time to collect the mats,the staff was quite cordial.

BTW,Honda claimed to charge 2%-even though offered to waive off later on!! And even jewelleries don't charge now-a-days. This is ridiculous.

Last edited by charthom : 1st August 2011 at 10:06.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 12:33   #20
BHPian

Quote:

Well, Not in their defence. But, the margins on tyre sales are only 2-5 %. But pretty high for services. Hence the reluctance on accepting cards.
Old 1st August 2011, 22:15   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan
Which size you bought and what was the rate? The quotes from them has been the lowest in kochi
145/80 R12 for my Alto. I went there 1st time for an Indica, but they were not bothered about the smaller cars when they were servicing BMWs/Audis at that time.

I won't say that their rates were high, but my anguish is about the CC charge since none of the auto-mobile dealers has charged me extra so far, even for insurance payment.
Old 1st August 2011, 22:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
BTW,Honda claimed to charge 2%-even though offered to waive off later on!! And even jewelleries don't charge now-a-days. This is ridiculous.
MASSs dont charge the additional 2%. The jewelers has a trick of their own. They adjust this in the making charge. The charges are applicable for coins.
Old 1st August 2011, 22:29   #23
BHPian

Well, I once tried to make a downpayment using my card when buying a Honda. They did say a charge of 2% would be applicable. I chose to write out a cheque isntead, coz the 2% would have been a bit sizeable.
Old 1st August 2011, 22:38   #24
BHPian

Quote:
but they were not bothered about the smaller cars when they were servicing BMWs/Audis at that time.

I won't say that their rates were high,
How much more the others are charging you? Arrogant and high headed behaviour-just turn and walk. Let go a few bucks rather than taking rubbish. I can see that Global has learnt a lot in the hard way- my second visit was better. They still have "miles to go before they sleep". Give them sleepless nights-and they will be improve-anyone for that matter.
Old 1st August 2011, 22:47   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
MASSs dont charge the additional 2%. The jewelers has a trick of their own. They adjust this in the making charge. The charges are applicable for coins.
Yes, MASSs never charge higher for CC usage.

Quote:
How much more the others are charging you?
They charged 2% extra on the total MRP for paying using CC.
Old 2nd August 2011, 09:27   #26
BHPian

Mithun,

When I bought tires for my M800, Global Tires did not offer me any discount. But they gave me excellent service.

And it is usual to charge 2% of the amount if you are buying using CC. I've faced this situation many times.

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:00   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Recently-I visited their new show room near Kundannoor . Filled N2 and bought 3D Kagu mats-the treatment was professional,matter of fact.Got a discount for the mats too.
Thanks for letting me know where to get 3D Kagu mats in Cochin. My brother and I are planning to get them.
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:49   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Thanks for letting me know where to get 3D Kagu mats in Cochin. My brother and I are planning to get them.
@StarrySky,

Please go through my thread on the ANHC("Does anyone....). I have given the details of Global tyres where Kagu mats are available. You may call them up and inquire. Best of luck.

Love,charthom

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks