Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 05:38   #1
BHPian

Global Tyres (Cochin)

One of the best Tyre shops in Kerala. Good service. Decent pricing. Most importantly the work they do is solid unlike PitSTOP.

There is a employee called Anish , who is in charge of the alignment,balancing etc.

Address:

Global Tyres,
Opp. EVM VW
Vyttila Byepass
Cochin
Phone : 91- 484- 2112407, 2301943

Last edited by artofzen : 3rd June 2010 at 05:40.
Old 3rd June 2010, 06:44   #2
BHPian

They have 2 showrooms. The first one in Palarivattom and the second one in Vytilla which they have opened few years back. Owner being my cousin, i always get a good service and a decent price....
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:13   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunV View Post
They have 2 showrooms. The first one in Palarivattom and the second one in Vytilla which they have opened few years back. Owner being my cousin, i always get a good service and a decent price....
I heard they are the best when it comes to Alloys and tyres. But I had a bad experience when I went there to check the alloys and tyres. Quote was really high and they were not really interested for a negotiation. It was like i was there to simply check the alloys and not fit them.
From there straight to Pitstop and bought alloys and tyres the same day.

But I recommend them for Balancing/alignment since many of my friends are regular customers. I wish they could improve the sales guys attitude.
No offense dude..
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

The biggest problem with all such shops is that you have to wait for hours altogether, to get your car done up, Global tres is no exception. I had to wait a couple of hours for tire rotation, which I could have done at home in that time, myself.
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:46   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

The next stop for my car would be TyreX. Think they have better service. 1k km to go for the next round of alignment.
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:58   #6
BHPian

Global Tyres in Cochin is as good or bad as any other tyre shops in Kerala. They have a good collection of alloys and tyres.

They have two showrooms now. I havent been to the new one, the old one at Palarivattom, however is 5 minutes from my home and so have frequented it. Its opposite to EVM Honda, IIRC. I have not bought alloys and tyres form them, however, have done alignments n number of times. The service was always good. Its true that you have to wait a long period if you go for an adhoc service. You can however block an appointment with them and save some time.

An added advantage is getting to meet the owner Mr. George in the showroom most of the time. A nice guy who can give you some real time advice on the tyres and alloys. Overall a nice place to go for anything tyres.
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:11   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
But I recommend them for Balancing/alignment since many of my friends are regular customers. I wish they could improve the sales guys attitude.
No offense dude..
I will convey this sales guy's attitude to him. BTW Where which showroom did you go to? Vytilla or Palarivattom one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Global Tyres in Cochin is as good or bad as any other tyre shops in Kerala. They have a good collection of alloys and tyres.

They have two showrooms now. I havent been to the new one, the old one at Palarivattom, however is 5 minutes from my home and so have frequented it. Its opposite to EVM Honda, IIRC. I have not bought alloys and tyres form them, however, have done alignments n number of times. The service was always good. Its true that you have to wait a long period if you go for an adhoc service. You can however block an appointment with them and save some time.

An added advantage is getting to meet the owner Mr. George in the showroom most of the time. A nice guy who can give you some real time advice on the tyres and alloys. Overall a nice place to go for anything tyres.

The new one in vytilla is much bigger than the palarivattom one. Owner is Philip George. He will be in palarivattom showroom most of the time.

The waiting time in vytilla showroom will be less as there a around 5 -6 service bays.
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:05   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunV View Post
I will convey this sales guy's attitude to him. BTW Where which showroom did you go to? Vytilla or Palarivattom one?

The new one in vytilla is much bigger than the palarivattom one. Owner is Philip George. He will be in palarivattom showroom most of the time.

The waiting time in vytilla showroom will be less as there a around 5 -6 service bays.
I had gone to the New showroom in Vytilla. I really liked the showroom and the selection of alloys/tyres. But didnt quite expect the treatment. I went straight into the showroom expecting the sales guys to pound on me (Usual stuff that we face in other shops). But to my surprise, no one approached me and I was kinda left alone. Then finally I approached the reception and asked whether anyone could help me find suitable alloys and tyres for my ride. Finally a sales person appeared and took me to the showroom. The first question he asked me was whether I'm going to buy them NOW.! I said only after I get the best price I will go for them. Right away, I got this feeling that he isnt interested anymore(Which drove me nuts). For the sake of it, I saw some samples and left. Then straight to Pitstop, where the customer management was excellent (Due to the fact that I was about to shell 35k on the spot). They even suggested the tyres and a cup of coffee to greet me .

But, even with such responses, I strongly stay with Global. They have a good name here. Kindly do something about this customer management. This is because I have around 8 to 10 friends who often come to Global for alloys/tyres, and alignment. And couple of my dad's friends too visit the shop. Please look into this seriously dude.

My dad plans to change his ride's tyres in a month or so. Will certainly recommend Global only. Hope not to get disappointed this time
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:37   #9
BHPian

I went to Global Tires showroom in Vytilla with my friend to buy 2-wheeler tire for his bike. Friend was looking for Michelin tires which was available only with them (in Cochin). We got a very good service as well as best price for the tire. Above all, the availability of the tire was the main factor to go there .
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:01   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
I went to Global Tires showroom in Vytilla with my friend to buy 2-wheeler tire for his bike. Friend was looking for Michelin tires which was available only with them (in Cochin). We got a very good service as well as best price for the tire. Above all, the availability of the tire was the main factor to go there .
Guess they have improved their service (Which is a good news). Thanks for the update. Might as well as recommend my dad to check out Global
Old 9th July 2010, 11:53   #11
BHPian

It is been quite a few years i have been going to Global Tyres. They have a personal touch starting from sales to service. Maybe they are a little costlier on certain occasions ( Tyre and Alloy prices ). The service that you get is totally unmatched. and I had been to pit Stop to purchase tyres for my Swift , the attitude of the sales person was if you want you buy it or get lost .

But so far Global is simply the best and the alignment as well as wheel balancing is really good and the good aspect is that they do not make you do unnecessary wheel balancing as well as alignment .

And they do give the correct advise on Tyres , You can Contact Mr.Philip ( Owner ) and he will be really glad to help you out . he is always present at one of the centres and the Supervisors are also quite knowledgeable and helpful
Old 9th July 2010, 12:44   #12
BHPian

I had good experience with Global tires on all athe interaction with them.

However PitStop was pathetic in service everytime i went there. Also on a recent telephone interaction with them to enquire on sepcific tyre size from bridgestone, the Lady who picked the phone doesnt even bother to listen and makes fun with her collegues stating "Someone wants to know if we have bridgestone". They need to wake up.
Old 9th November 2010, 20:55   #13
BHPian

Went to Global Tires, Vytilla to buy tires for my M800. Nice and quick service, good workman ship . Only thing I was disappointed is that they did not give me any discounts on purchase. Apart from this, I'd highly recommend this place to any one.

- Jose.
Old 29th December 2010, 15:05   #14
BHPian

Re: Global Tyres (Cochin)

I got delivery of my Fiesta 1.4 SXi on 24th December 2010 at around 2.15 pm. I took the car straight to Global Tyres Palarivattom. Wanted to change the stock MRF tyres to Michelin XM1+. I stayed with the stock size to avoid any issues with the warranty.

I was offered 2000/- for each MRF buyback and 4000/- for each the new Michelins. I changed 4 tyres, balanced all 4 and filled Nitrogen in all four. Paid 8500 (8000 tyres + 500 balancing, nitrogen) and left the workshop in 30 minutes flat. Amazing service, considering it was Christmas Eve. Thanks to Global, I was on time to go for the Christmas mass on my new Fiesta running on the new Michelins. Kudos to the team.
Based on the excellent service provided time and again, I recommend this place for anything Tyres in and around Cochin.

Last edited by basilmabraham : 29th December 2010 at 15:07.
Old 29th December 2010, 15:50   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Global Tyres (Cochin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
I got delivery of my Fiesta 1.4 SXi on 24th December 2010 at around 2.15 pm. I took the car straight to Global Tyres Palarivattom. Wanted to change the stock MRF tyres to Michelin XM1+. I stayed with the stock size to avoid any issues with the warranty.

I was offered 2000/- for each MRF buyback and 4000/- for each the new Michelins. I changed 4 tyres, balanced all 4 and filled Nitrogen in all four. Paid 8500 (8000 tyres + 500 balancing, nitrogen) and left the workshop in 30 minutes flat. Amazing service, considering it was Christmas Eve. Thanks to Global, I was on time to go for the Christmas mass on my new Fiesta running on the new Michelins. Kudos to the team.
Based on the excellent service provided time and again, I recommend this place for anything Tyres in and around Cochin.
Good to hear that they have started to look seriously after many horrible experiences that we tbhpians had.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks