Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2011, 15:11   #16
BHPian

Re: Lokmanya Tyres (Pune)

Got my Punto's tyres changed at Lokmanya. My observations / feedback as follows:

Pros

- Excellent service. Mr.Ashish makes sure he spends time with the customer and gives an honest opinion. I wanted to change the tyres on my Innova (50k run Goodyear GT 3) and he suggested that I can continue with them for another 10k kms.

- Fair pricing. I checked with multiple dealers. Price quoted by Lokmanya was at par with others.

Cons

- Wheel alignment not available at this particular facility. You have to go to their Tilak Road outlet to get the alignment done

- 2.5% extra charge for credit cards - This for me was the BIGGEST con. Tyre change is a high value transaction and I am uncomfortable carrying large amount of cash. (Maybe its just me) I think Ashish should have a relook into this. I suggested him the same.

- A little cramped for space, parking not easily available

- Did not offer anything for my old tyres

Will I go back to Lokmanya ? Yes : in fact I am going there tomorrow to upsize the tyres on my A-Star Auto.

Amogh
Old 5th December 2011, 15:35   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
- 2.5% extra charge for credit cards - This for me was the BIGGEST con. Tyre change is a high value transaction and I am uncomfortable carrying large amount of cash. (Maybe its just me) I think Ashish should have a relook into this. I suggested him the same.
Hey Amogh,

Since you have already undergone a recent (successful) money transaction, I'm sure Ashish is confident of the credibility factor of his client.
You may now offer to make the next payment via cheque. You'll save the 2.5% + hassle free transaction.

My mode of payment to Lokmanya Tyres has always been the Bank Cheque.

See how you go..
cheers
Old 5th December 2011, 15:44   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
You may now offer to make the next payment via cheque. You'll save the 2.5% + hassle free transaction.
Hi Monaro CV8,

In fact, for the first transaction itself I paid by cheque. But I am a sucker for using credit card for high value transactions for the following reasons:

- Get to enjoy the credit period (No immediate outflow of cash. Spend 20k today and pay after 45 days)

- Reward points (especially for high value transactions)

I am not going to be too critical on Lokamanya though. Almost all tyre dealers charge the 2.5% extra. The only dealer I know who does not charge that fee is Carax / Bhandari Auto.

Amogh
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 20:20   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Probably the only place to ask this question:
Gaurav mentioned in another thread that 3D wheel alignment is more accurate. Does anyone know where in Pune we have this facility?
Lots of places! Off the top of my head: Lokmanya Tyres, almost all outlets of Darshan Tyres, Prabhat tyres(I think), all Bridgestone and Michelin exclusive outlets. There will be many many more. Pune is quite good that way!
Old 6th December 2011, 20:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Nikhil.
How does one know that they are using the 3D equipment? Last time I went to Darshan tyres on Nagar road, and he used some silver plates on all four sides. Is that the 3D technology?
Old 6th December 2011, 22:24   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Thanks Nikhil.
How does one know that they are using the 3D equipment? Last time I went to Darshan tyres on Nagar road, and he used some silver plates on all four sides. Is that the 3D technology?
Yes. Darshan Tyres for example, mostly uses Hunter Wheel Aligners. The market for 3D wheel aligners is dominated by Hunter and John Bean(sold by Snap-On).

The "silver plate" you refer to is a plastic target which has shiny reflective stickers.

HawkEye Alignment Systems - Greater profit and productivity through innovation
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 11:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Yes. Darshan Tyres for example, mostly uses Hunter Wheel Aligners. The market for 3D wheel aligners is dominated by Hunter and John Bean(sold by Snap-On).

The "silver plate" you refer to is a plastic target which has shiny reflective stickers.

Thanks. I can confirm this Hunter system was what they were using based on the photos of the "silver reflector" and the graphics on the computer.

So, I am assuming this is not 3D alignment, just 3D visuals on screen. Right?
Old 7th December 2011, 12:08   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

This is 3D wheel alignment. If you read up on it, you will see that the measurement is done by way of cameras recording the movement of the targets fixed on the wheel.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 01:01   #24
BHPian

Recently referred my neighbor (for his Wagon R) to Lokmanya Tyres and he got a good deal for 'A' Drives.
Prices were pretty competitive, albeit a bit less, compared to N Mehta & Darshan tyres.

Lokmanya Tyres is one of the few (2) Dealers for Yokohama in Pune.
Old 17th January 2012, 11:09   #25
BHPian

Last year I changed tyres of my Spark to Continental CEC at Lokmanya. I liked these tyres. So last month, when it was time to change tyres of wife's Estillo, I again visited Lokmanya. But he said Conti is out of stock and there is no visibility on when these will be available. So I gone ahead with his suggestion of A-drive. Is it correct that Conti tyres are in shortage or he no longer deals in Continental tyres?
Old 17th January 2012, 14:16   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
Last year I changed tyres of my Spark to Continental CEC at Lokmanya. I liked these tyres. So last month, when it was time to change tyres of wife's Estillo, I again visited Lokmanya. But he said Conti is out of stock and there is no visibility on when these will be available. So I gone ahead with his suggestion of A-drive. Is it correct that Conti tyres are in shortage or he no longer deals in Continental tyres?
No. He is right. Contis are in short supply. They have only recently started supplying tyres in 15" to the open market.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 09:54   #27
BHPian

Changed my Estilo's tyres to XM2 yesterday. Choice was between Pirelli, Yoko and Michellin. Continental tyres in R13 are in short supply. Found Yoko sidewalls to be little softer, The Pirelli looked little old so settled for Michellin (which was my preferred choice anyway).

Good experience - a little expensive over other tyre dealers like Darshan.
Old 22nd September 2012, 14:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Where exactly is this Lokmanya tires?

Directions needed from Chandani Chowk.
Old 22nd September 2012, 15:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil
Where exactly is this Lokmanya tires?

Directions needed from Chandani Chowk.
From Chandani Chowk, drive all the way on Karve Road till you see Garware School on left. Take a U turn and you will have Garware College on left after about 100 or so meters. Immediate left after Garware College and you will see Lokmanya tyres on right.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 16:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
From Chandani Chowk, drive all the way on Karve Road till you see Garware School on left. Take a U turn and you will have Garware College on left after about 100 or so meters. Immediate left after Garware College and you will see Lokmanya tyres on right.
Thanks Mate.

I posted this on the other thread too, but if I can get a few replies here, nothing like that.

It is time for new shoes for my Figo.

zeroes on 185/65/r14

Got these quotes:

BS 250 4500 pt

GY DP 4500 pt

Yoko A drives 4300 PT

The dealer promised further discount of 100/ tire while purchasing and also promised some goodies.

Considering I am from Pune, am I getting a good deal?

Above prices are including installation, alignment and balancing (weights not included) and I was also offered buy out of my old tires, prices only on post inspection.

Kindly advice

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks