Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 22:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Personally I'd suggest go to the IRC store in Bhowanipore, where Minku himself sits. He's a warm person with a regard for tbhpians, and will give you the right advice and price.

The EM Byepass store is managed by Minku's dad - who isn't so much into technicals of modern cars, mostly manages commercial tyre sales and PR. The other guy at the store is a pucca salesman, sweet-talking and overquoting!

I'm speaking from personal experience, after going to both stores.
+1 to that. I called up Minku first and then went in to the tangra shop.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2010, 00:21   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
+1 to that. I called up Minku first and then went in to the tangra shop.
Thanks Blackasta for the minute description. I went to Mirania few times, but never looked beyond that because of the Tangra crossing in front.

Quote:
Personally I'd suggest go to the IRC store in Bhowanipore, where Minku himself sits. He's a warm person with a regard for tbhpians, and will give you the right advice and price.

The EM Byepass store is managed by Minku's dad - who isn't so much into technicals of modern cars, mostly manages commercial tyre sales and PR. The other guy at the store is a pucca salesman, sweet-talking and overquoting!

I'm speaking from personal experience, after going to both stores.
Thanks a lot Predatorwheelz. I will definitely try to go to the Bhawanipore store. If not, I will have a talk with Minku and then go the the EM Bypass store, since that is near to my house (I stay in airport area and work in Sector V)... By the way, do you have Minku's number, because I did not find any website of theirs!!

Last edited by buntydey : 7th September 2010 at 00:32.
Old 7th September 2010, 13:39   #18
Joy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntydey View Post
because I did not find any website of theirs!!
The website address is given in the first post. Please check.
Old 7th September 2010, 13:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntydey View Post
Thanks a lot Predatorwheelz. I will definitely try to go to the Bhawanipore store. If not, I will have a talk with Minku and then go the the EM Bypass store, since that is near to my house (I stay in airport area and work in Sector V)... By the way, do you have Minku's number, because I did not find any website of theirs!!
Minku's no is 9830040370.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
The website address is given in the first post. Please check.
Bunty is looking for IRC's website, while the one given in the first post is Glix's website. Please check .
Old 7th September 2010, 14:15   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Minku's no is 9830040370.
Thank you so much. I will call them tomorrow, since today it should be closed I guess, thanks to the Industrial strike here
Old 7th September 2010, 14:49   #21
Joy
BHPian

Quote:
Bunty is looking for IRC's website, while the one given in the first post is Glix's website. Please check .
Sorry, my bad. Since it was in this thread so misunderstood.

Guys, if anybody has enough information regarding Indo radial Club, please put it in a separate thread, so that others can benefit.

Thanks.
Old 30th June 2011, 16:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Accessories - Marks & Glix (Salt Lake, Kolkata)

Extremely disappointed

I went for a music system installation in beat.
What I did not like was the fact that they used electrical tape to connect the cables for Head unit and Harness. Atleast get a soldering iron.
I dont know what they did but after the installation, the AC blower was not even producing half the volume/speed. But the noise is still same.Opened it again but no fault detected. That morning the AC blower was absolutely fine. They claim they have nothing to do with it. Lets see the the GM service guys can do. I guess there is some internal leak.
Head unit was fine. Although USB did not support my phone/hard disc.
Speakers were nil on bass. Anyway I didnt expect any more from a 4" though.

Got there to get the seat covers for Vento.
They made a good little hairline crack on my front door.
Sdeat cover fittment was good but there was rattling from of the seats. Seat belt clip hitting the handbrake console. The must have bent it. (Not that big a deal.)

In 1 word I am never going back there. Neither will I reccomend it to anyone.
Old 30th June 2011, 23:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Karan / Ace6120 couldn't reply on this thread, hence he has asked me to post on his behalf. the following is exactly what he had to say (via PM sent to me):

Quote:
Original post by Ace6120

Usually I do not get into such discussions. Being a member of the forum for the past few years I just have 5 to 6 posts.
I have never used this very successful and useful medium to market/promote the car accessories brand that I am a partner of (Glix)

But every now and then I am told that the members discuss Glix or are looking for some help. All I do is give them a call and try and be helpful.

Except in this case, because making a call here will not help and only get me more upset.

So all I am going to do is reply point by point to the issues faced by Oxyzen:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Extremely disappointed

I went for a music system installation in beat.
What I did not like was the fact that they used electrical tape to connect the cables for Head unit and Harness. Atleast get a soldering iron.
Whats an electrical tape? We used a jack made for the Chevrolet Beat to to connect the cables on the Head unit with the wire harnes inside the vehicle. I have not heard of any soldering on the wires of the HU ever, speakers yes. In fact I would not want to bring a hot soldering iron inside the vehicle close to the dashboard due to the fear of it coming in contact with any part and leaving a permanent mark on it. Just for the record, we do have a soldering iron and have used it on many instances on other team BHP members vehicles when its required.

Quote:
I dont know what they did but after the installation, the AC blower was not even producing half the volume/speed. But the noise is still same.Opened it again but no fault detected. That morning the AC blower was absolutely fine. They claim they have nothing to do with it. Lets see the the GM service guys can do. I guess there is some internal leak.

Like you said you don't know what we did. Luckily to install a HU in th base model of the Beat, we do not have to take off the AC vents or the control unit like in most other cars. All we need to do is take out the provision already made for the HU and put in the bracket and harness and complete the install. If we did make an error it would have been corrected when we checked again. But there was no error by us in the first place. Believe me when I say this is not the first Beat we have installed a basic ICE system and surely not the last.

Quote:
Head unit was fine. Although USB did not support my phone/hard disc.
You chose the least expensive model of HU in my showroom. An original JBL 333. If it does not support your phone or your USB,then you need to mail JBL about it. You did not ask me before installation on what it would support and what it would not. If there is any defect in the JBL 333 installed by me I will be very happy to replace it without any questions asked.

Quote:
Speakers were nil on bass. Anyway I didnt expect any more from a 4" though.
This was told to your respected father well in advance even before he chose the Hertz 4" speaker that it would not give any bass. Even tried to educate him with reasons such as why we should not expect any hi-quality bass from a 4 " speaker. Just to remind you that your father had wanted to put a 6" speaker but we clearly refused as it would be a bad install as there is no provision for a 6" speaker in the Beat. (even though my margin would be higher on a 6"product as its of higher value) I feel sick even mentioning this.

Quote:
Got there to get the seat covers for Vento.
They made a good little hairline crack on my front door.
It is not certain that we made this scratch. Once it was brought to my notice, I was out there looking at the car and even discussed the matter with your father. My reasons of doubt for having made this scratch is that it already had dirt on it due to the rains. If a scratch was made while taking the seats out then it would be a deep scratch and the dirt would come out of it. To which your father said that he had checked it prior to mine looking and hence it was dirty. After which I got our in house polish guy to polish the car and make the scratch even more minute and unnoticeable. I am surprised that you did not mention that I was willing to do whatever it took to fix it. Your father for whom I have the utmost respect very calmly said not to worry about it and its ok. My question is even if that scratch did happen while installing the seat cover. Did I not talke all necessary steps to fix it?

Quote:
Sdeat cover fittment was good but there was rattling from of the seats. Seat belt clip hitting the handbrake console. The must have bent it. (Not that big a deal.)
Very hard to believe. We have done seatcovers of so many members of this forum and if even one could mention that there seats rattled after the install. But if that was the case then just bring it back and we will tighten it. But the car never came back, that means ure either living with the rattle or it did not rattle in the first place.

You know now I feel like you had nothing to do hence you got online and decided to just vent out on us for no reasons at all.

It is very disturbing for members/customers to write negative experiences without thinking over what really happened.

Oxyzen is being so vocal about the incident now. The surprise is I don't even remember his face or talking to him for even a second. Because all the decisions/discussions were being done with his father and an elderly driver. His father did not consult him or take his opinion about anything, at least in front of me. If I remember there was a very young looking son of the gentleman I dealt with that afternoon. How old are you Oxqzen?

I have always appreciated criticism as it always makes me improve my quality of work. TeamBHP has been a great source of strength and knowledge to my line of business.

When I joined the forum I was not in car accessories. Hence never used this forum for any monetary gains for my business.

Glix has been appreciated by many members and at the same time some of them were not too satisfied. We are not perfect, no one is. But I just could not take this sitting down and hence had to reply. I don't want this to become one of the many slug fest that have happened in the forum. Will not be replying to this matter anymore.

Lastly, Oxyzen, if there is anything I can help/improve/correct in your vehicle then please do call us.

thanks

Karan
Old 1st July 2011, 09:48   #24
BHPian

Thanks Planet for posting this.

Karan: I understand your frustration, but I would atleast stand by you, for the superb workmanship always displayed by Glix. Even after more than 1 yr, whoever sees the seat covers of my OHC, asks me, who made it. Excellent finish and not a single inch has sagged.

I was really surprised to read that there was a hairline crack made on the door. I read it twice. A crack!! The response from Karan clarifies that it was a scratch. I am sure, our forum users have the capability to differentiate between a crack and a scratch, but that's not the case it seems.

I am not sure why I am posting this, but, probably I am one of the many happy and satisfied customers of Glix.
Old 1st July 2011, 11:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

I have not posted anything about Glix / Mark & Glix before.

We got the seat covers for the Getz from M&G and even after 2.5years - they are ageing pretty well - not a single rattle from anywhere - no bent clips, whatever. The workmanship was great.

The HU (Pio 3190UB in the Getz) which we selected was a basic HU and reads music files from USB memory stick, Andriod and Windows Mobile. Installation was perfect. I like bass, so with a small research selected GT5 speakers in the Getz.

@ Oxyzen - i think you should check the format type FAT32 vs. NTFS - try formatting the memory stick into FAT32 and check - it should play the music files. JBL X-333 reads from USB stick, ipod, mobile phone memory cards - can you check again?

Both the Palio and Getz were handled with care and the workmanship was perfect. The employees / installers are very knowledgable in their own field and quite polite.

+1 to Saurabh da - me a happy customer - more importantly, Dad is a happy customer.

But like Karan said, get in touch with him and resolve the issue.
Old 1st July 2011, 20:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

I myself have been a customer of Glix since 2004.Our Ohc,Lancer,Nhc,Anhc,Civic,Innova all have been done by them.All our company cars also go to the Alipore Outlet,faced no problems.ICE-They have done the Install in my Anhc,Nhc and the finish they give,no place can match that.Take a look at Razor4077's Phoenix ICE thread or Shuvc's Shuvcivic ICE thread,you shall see the workmanship.Seat Covers-Well they have customized our cars from Basic Art Leather Seats to Stanley.Have always got a excellent finishing.+2 Me,Dad all happy customers of Glix.I would really recommend this place.

Last edited by cityvic : 1st July 2011 at 20:19.
Old 1st July 2011, 22:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oxyzen is being so vocal about the incident now. The surprise is I don't even remember his face or talking to him for even a second. Because all the decisions/discussions were being done with his father and an elderly driver. His father did not consult him or take his opinion about anything, at least in front of me. If I remember there was a very young looking son of the gentleman I dealt with that afternoon. How old are you Oxqzen?
Before I answer any of the other queries let me answer this one 1st. I am 25. I have been working in an automobile OEM for 2 years. It was me who suggested this place based on the reviews of not one but several happy customers. But did not turn up too well did it?

Quote:
Whats an electrical tape? We used a jack made for the Chevrolet Beat to to connect the cables on the Head unit with the wire harnes inside the vehicle. I have not heard of any soldering on the wires of the HU ever, speakers yes. In fact I would not want to bring a hot soldering iron inside the vehicle close to the dashboard due to the fear of it coming in contact with any part and leaving a permanent mark on it. Just for the record, we do have a soldering iron and have used it on many instances on other team BHP members vehicles when its required.
There was a Jack all right but there was joints connected with electrical tape (red) either between HU & Jack or between Jack & Harness. I do not remember that comprehensively. My dad said, inside the dashboard the temp. becomes very high and the electrical tapes give away. The mechanic said we always use it. If too much tape is used then it is a problem, not if you use the right amount.

Quote:
Luckily to install a HU in th base model of the Beat, we do not have to take off the AC vents or the control unit like in most other cars. All we need to do is take out the provision already made for the HU and put in the bracket and harness and complete the install. If we did make an error it would have been corrected when we checked again. But there was no error by us in the first place. Believe me when I say this is not the first Beat we have installed a basic ICE system and surely not the last.
I agree to your logic, but since the blowers were working fine in the morning it can only be a co-incidence. I had also mentioned about the co-operation of you guys who opened it again analyse the problem. BTW I never said it is you guys who did it. I only said it was the after effect of installing the ICE . I will update once I get to know the fault. I tried switching off the HU to check whether it is due to the excess power consumption. But no luck. Anyway the similar noise level suggests the blower is fine.

Quote:
You chose the least expensive model of HU in my showroom. An original JBL 333. If it does not support your phone or your USB,then you need to mail JBL about it. You did not ask me before installation on what it would support and what it would not. If there is any defect in the JBL 333 installed by me I will be very happy to replace it without any questions asked.

I went through the manual. It clearly says it does not support any plug and play device. It is definitely not a fault. But it would be good to be given a heads up. “It has USB but won’t support plug and play.” I am sure you would have notified in case you knew. As for me I had no Idea that some USB don’t support plug & Play. Anyway I would still stick to the same entry level HU. Hardly anyone will be using Phone/Hdd to listen to music. + There is Aux in facility. My statement regarding this had nothing to do with Glitz.

Quote:
This was told to your respected father well in advance even before he chose the Hertz 4" speaker that it would not give any bass. Even tried to educate him with reasons such as why we should not expect any hi-quality bass from a 4 " speaker. Just to remind you that your father had wanted to put a 6" speaker but we clearly refused as it would be a bad install as there is no provision for a 6" speaker in the Beat. (even though my margin would be higher on a 6"product as its of higher value) I feel sick even mentioning this.
I believe I said I did not expect anything more from a 4”. Yes definitely It was us who decided to go for 4” rather than 6”(on tray). Similarly the statement had nothing to do with Glitz. I was just sharing my experience.

Quote:
It is not certain that we made this scratch. I am surprised that you did not mention that I was willing to do whatever it took to fix it. My question is even if that scratch did happen while installing the seat cover. Did I not talke all necessary steps to fix it?
There is no point arguing whether you guys have created the scratch. There is no proof after all. And these are bound to happen if the workspace is not enough. I have seen Accessories shop outside Cal with much better working environment. Polishing or no polishing, a scratch is a scratch. And the first one in a New car is the most painful. As per the looks it is done most probably by tools (screwdriver/spanner) rather than seats. What I do appreciate is the fact you guys tightened the sagging front seat covers of Beat and fixed the Back door rattle.

Thanks to Saurabh M for pointing out scratch instead of crack.

Quote:
Very hard to believe. We have done seatcovers of so many members of this forum and if even one could mention that there seats rattled after the install. But if that was the case then just bring it back and we will tighten it.
I think I mentioned clearly that the rattle is due to seat belt clip hitting the Handbrake console. There is nothing loose in it. The seat belt fastning Clip got bent maybe due to fitment or the seat cover width. When there is a co-passenger and the seat belt is on, obviously the clip will not hit the console due to tension. Otherwise it rattles. The only way to avoid is to push the seat completely to the front.
I also mentioned it was not big a deal, but you made it one.

Quote:
But the car never came back, that means ure either living with the rattle or it did not rattle in the first place.
I appreciate such a wonderful forum like Team BHP. And I understand what I say is going Public. Why would I deliberately lie and say there is rattling if there is none?

Quote:
You know now I feel like you had nothing to do hence you got online and decided to just vent out on us for no reasons at all.
Going with 2 cars a coming back with a scratch on 1 and a defective blower / Vent / Duct in another is not exactly what I expected. In fact these 2 were the major issues. I don’t want to go around arguing since what is done is done. Like you said “ I don't want this to become one of the many slug fest that have happened in the forum. Will not be replying to this matter anymore. “

I have nothing more to say.
I only wish you and Gliz the best for the future. And no other customers to face a similar ordeal.
Bye.

Last edited by oxyzen : 1st July 2011 at 22:15.
Old 28th July 2011, 19:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will update once I get to know the fault.
Went for service.
The AC blower issue is resolved.
They said "A cable was disconnected while installing the ICE". I guess it the the cable that is used for selection of airflow.
Old 29th July 2011, 00:46   #29
BHPian

I had visited the Salt Lake outlet yesterday morning with both the Lancer and the i20 as I exactly wanted the same font, lay out of number plate as on the Lancer. A middle aged gent took the required measurements, took me inside, confirmed the font showing me samples on the wall. I confirmed to the design, gave him the go ahead but clearly told to make sure that he does not put the silver/shining border as on the sample. Payment made and I was supposed to get back once he called, approximately after 5.

He called, I went. What was I shown? The number plate with the silver lining and a black border. I was not very pleased with the fact that I got him a sample car showed him exaclty what I wanted, confirmed and re confirmed the sample without the silver border and that is exactly what I am provided. I had also clearly mentioned that I intend to drive out today to Puri and I dont want to risk it with a half broken number plate in the front.

He agreed to have it done on time, my Puri plans had changed in between.
Today I checked at the shop before 5pm as I was passing by and I was told its not ready. Hence I came back slightly after 6. I was told it was still not ready. On asking him which part of my bengali he had not understood he replied that these things are not in his hands. If I am paying a premium for a job done at an outlet which has multiple outlets in town and are supposedely pro's at this I would expect a better reply, at least.

In the meanwhile my driver had already told me why I insisted to pay what I payed for a 100 buck job, but thats another story.

The guy with the number plate comes in at something past 7 and he had not removed the black border on the number plate! I was really being patient, honestly! I just told him to put it on and just forget it.

Honestly, if they cannot get a simple number plate right would I go to them for anything else? You know the answer

The least I had expected was a slightly more professional approach to customers instead of its not in my hands kind of attitude.

There was a young gent sitting inside who seemed to be one from the management. But he was busy on the computer.

Wish them the very best! They've lost my business or any of my friends (in such a large city like Calcutta, they wont even notice the difference).
Old 11th March 2012, 20:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Need a few accessories for the K10
1. Sunfilm: What would be the ideal tint and brand?
2. Foot mats
3. Anti-glare RVM: Need to know if this can be retro-fitted to the K10. The glare is pretty bad, even on the OVRMs but I doubt anything can be done about that.
4. Car cleaning stuff: Need a car shampoo and microfiber cloth(s).

Any reliable Glix outlet in South Kolkata? Saltlake is a bit too far. But if all the above are available, I wouldn't mind making the trip.
Also, a cost estimate of the sunfilm would be very helpful
Thanks in advance

Last edited by shamik.bose : 11th March 2012 at 20:37.

Most Viewed