Workmanship is good

What I Don't Like
Not much stock of other brands except bridgestone
Not much vaiety in alloys

Services Offered:
Wheel balancing, Alignment, Nitrogen filling

Address
Speed Tyres
Thykoodam (Left side on the way to aroor from vytilla)
NH 47, Byepass Road , Vytilla
ERNAKULAM
Contact Person : Shaji - 9895037757 , 9447740742
Old 9th June 2010, 14:01   #2
BHPian

Global tyres is also a good place.
they have a good stock and the technicians are very good and experienced too.
Old 21st June 2010, 01:10   #3
BHPian

i have been visiting speed tires for quite a while now. the best thing is that it's not crowded. . the guys there know their job well. mr. shaji is the manager.

i do wheel alignment/balancing for my cars there. i have also purchased 4 yokohama s drives from there. overall experience is good.

don't go there for buying alloys since they don't have much options there. but if u want to get alignment/balancing done without waiting, this is the place to go.
Old 21st June 2010, 10:38   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Vishnu for the info. Was trying to find one good place..
Old 8th December 2011, 12:05   #5
BHPian

Re: Wheels & Tyres : Speed Tyres (Kochi)

Bhpians,

I had an excellent experience when I dealt with Speed Tyres to get my Palio Tyres changed.

I got 4 Yoko A Drives from them 2 months back and they offered me the best price of the 4 dealers I checked with.

The owner Shaji is a very good guy to deal with and the service was quick & efficient.

I paid Rs.3900/- per tyre and also got a free Jabra Bluetooth headset provided by Yokohama.
lloydofcochin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 12:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

I've been visiting speed tires for several years now. The alignment and balancing job there is the best, unlike global, which is horrible. The tire prices are also much cheaper than New Bharat or Global. The issue is that they mainly have only yokos, and the alloy options are very low.
Old 8th December 2011, 14:21   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

In Kerala, Yokohama relies on the distributor model unlike certain other areas like Karnataka, etc....

And Speed tyres happens to be the distributor for Yokohama for Kerala. Which is why you find that he mainly has Yokos. As far as I know, he does stock other brands as well. you just need to ask I guess!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 22:36   #8
BHPian

Speed tires is indeed the distributor for Kerala. If you are looking for Yokohama, go to Speed tires. You will get the best deal for sure
Old 31st October 2012, 15:05   #9
BHPian

Had to change my tires during my recent trip to Kerala. Called up Shaji, but the Vytilla branch was closed for renovation. He directed me to their Padivattom branch. I took new Michelins. Nitro filling was free. Also did alignement and balancing. They do provide free alignment after first 1500 kms
There were no free offers going right now. Was given complimentary bag and a box of tissues. The manager over ther, Radhakishnan is very knowledgable and was ready to answer all my queries. All together a good experience
Old 31st October 2012, 15:16   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Had to change my tires during my recent trip to Kerala. Called up Shaji, but the Vytilla branch was closed for renovation. He directed me to their Padivattom branch. I took new Michelins. Nitro filling was free. Also did alignement and balancing. They do provide free alignment after first 1500 kms
There were no free offers going right now. Was given complimentary bag and a box of tissues. The manager over ther, Radhakishnan is very knowledgable and was ready to answer all my queries. All together a good experience
Can you share the tyre specs? How much did you pay for them? Also, do they have wide variety of brands?
Old 31st October 2012, 15:56   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Can you share the tyre specs? How much did you pay for them? Also, do they have wide variety of brands?
155/65/13
It was 3300 per tire. Similar spec Yoko was quoted at 2900 but they did not have stock at that point. Not sure which all brand they stock as I enquired for only these two. But i remember seeing Bridgestone and Apollo as well
rajesh1868 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 12:36   #12
BHPian

Sorry Folks! This update has been pending for the past eight months.

During July 2014, when my ANHC's stock tires (Michelen) had clocked more than 4 years and 35K Kms, although the treads were still safe, wanted to get a better set of tires. After collecting preliminary information from our forum, arrived at a conclusion on Brand, which was Bridgestone 250 series.

Now checking on the availability and prices over the phone, most of the Cochin dealers were playing a shabby game, some of them were too busy to attend telephone, some were not ready to divulge the requested information and some of them suggested to visit them. Remaining guys didn't have 4 pcs with them

Speed Tyres were the only one who had time and stock. So, the next day went there to find out that they have only 2 pcs of B250 (the other two got sold off on the previous evening!). Then, Shaji agreed to manage to get 2 pcs of B290 series. Now, I have 2 of 250 and other 2 of 290 series. Well, I was ignorant about the difference. We agreed on a price of Rs. 4235/pc which included Balancing, Alignment and Nitrogen filling + 1 additional wheel alignment after 1500 Kms.

Shaji and his team had professionalism and they knew their jobs well. Place was not very crowded and have sufficient parking and clean working spaces. My job was getting attended all the time and got over in about an hour. B290s were put on the front and B250s at the rear.

However, one set back; They didn't have card payment facility, so had to go over to a near by ATM to withdraw cash.

Overall, a satisfactory performance by Shaji and his team. Last but not the least, thanks for the freebie (one box of tissue paper)
philgrac is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed