Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2015, 20:48   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Motorcycle Rental - Goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post
...Why are you renting it from near the airport? ...just want to drive from the airport to where ever you are staying. My unsolicited advice would be to take a pre-paid cab from the airport to wherever and take an active closer to your hotel!.
You got it right. I'll stay in Baga & thought renting a bike from airport side will benefit for the to & fro airport trip. I think the taxi fare will offset the cost advantage of rental right??
Old 2nd April 2015, 21:13   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You got it right. I'll stay in Baga & thought renting a bike from airport side will benefit for the to & fro airport trip. I think the taxi fare will offset the cost advantage of rental right??
A taxi from the airport to baga will be about Rs. 900 if i'm right. Atleast that was the Government fare about 6 months ago. A two wheeler rental near the airport will be about Rs. 350 a day. I hope this helps. Have a fun trip. Cheers!
shady_lawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 17:28   #18
BHPian

While renting a bike in goa, do they also give you a helmet with it, now that helmets seem to be compulsory there? I will be in goa early next week and plan to rent an activa during the stay.
Old 17th October 2015, 12:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
While renting a bike in goa, do they also give you a helmet with it, now that helmets seem to be compulsory there? I will be in goa early next week and plan to rent an activa during the stay.
Yes. Some have it in the storage compartments of the Activa. For others, you have to specifically ask. In any case, its included in the cost of the rental.
Old 24th January 2016, 23:41   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

My friends are planning to take a train to Goa, from Mumbai. The options are to either get down in Thivim or Karmali (Choice of train depends on the station of choice). Am already told that we can avail Activas from near Karmali (300/- per day).

Want to know if there are any options to rent an Activa from Thivim station. Please help.

Edit: Last time, I had managed to hire a scooter from Vasco, from someone called Atmaram travels. Charged me 300/- (for a day) IIRC.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 24th January 2016 at 23:43.
Old 25th January 2016, 12:48   #21
BHPian

You will get plenty of people who rent their bikes,so do not worry about that.

Please do carry your helmets, unless your ok with wearing a common one used by hundreds of them.
Old 25th January 2016, 15:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Please do carry your helmets, unless your ok with wearing a common one used by hundreds of them.
And ask them if they'll be providing a proper helmet before you make the payment. Last time when I asked for a helmet, they gave me an industrial helmet
Old 11th March 2016, 23:50   #23
BHPian

Hi,

We will be in Goa for a couple of days in Goa, from the 23rd of this month. Plan is to dedicate one full day to biking. Are there any big bikes available for reasonable rates? Should be pillion friendly too. Not looking at the Enfields or Activas.

BHPians, please help! Thanks in advance.

Neel
Old 13th March 2016, 21:13   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Hi,

We will be in Goa for a couple of days in Goa, from the 23rd of this month. Plan is to dedicate one full day to biking. Are there any big bikes available for reasonable rates? Should be pillion friendly too. Not looking at the Enfields or Activas.

BHPians, please help! Thanks in advance.

Neel
I haven't seen or heard of big bikes on rent in Goa, though there may be some locally available, I think the chances are slim. Most people prefer scooters or small bikes aside from Bullets. So the bikes are usually FZ16/Fazer and such. There are KTM Duke 200s in some places (I had rented one myself), maybe some offer the 390 as well. Look up wickedrides , they do operate out of Belgaum, closest to Goa. Else check in Panjim with bike rent shops for bigger bikes.

Last edited by Ricci : 13th March 2016 at 21:15.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 16:40   #25
Team-BHP Support

Anjuna, North Goa

This guy has a large fleet of bikes. A lot seem to be new and in good condition.

His prices were also good, though note these are the "one day" prices. If you take it for multiple days, he'll give you an even better price.

Options include (but are not limited to):
Honda Navi
Aprillia SR150 - Rs. 350 (?)
Duke 200 - Rs. 600
RE Himalyan - Rs. 800 (he's getting the updated Himalyan this week)
Harley Davidson - Rs. ~4,000 (not sure which one)
He also told me that he was planning to buy 10 Honda Navis, and then the BS-4 sales happened, and he ended up getting 17 for the same price

Speak to Pramod. Nice guy, and knows his bikes.

Motorcycle Rental - Goa-20171022_224004.jpg
Rehaan is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks