Team-BHP - Motorcycle Rental - Goa
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Other Cities (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/)
-   -   Motorcycle Rental - Goa (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/83320-motorcycle-rental-goa.html)

Damian. That's his name. A nice goan guy who loves his motorcycles and rents them out.

If you want to cruise around in Goa on a perfect Royal Enfield motorcycle, he's the man to call.On my last trip, we rented 2 bullets from him. Here they are.

Motorcycle Rental - Goa-cimg3256_l.jpg

Motorcycle Rental - Goa-cimg3263_l.jpg

He also has Honda Activas, not unique as I have mentioned before - but what I liked was that his bikes were clean, papers in order and he supplies helmets along with the bikes.

Thanks for this Sam. I am going to goa during the first week of July. I guess there is no better way than to go around on a bullet. Eagerly looking forward to this.

I missed this chance at Manali, where they were charging around 150 - 300 0r so for 8 hours or something, if I recollect correctly

But will definitely try it now

Sam, Thanks for sharing. As with other searches, I looked first at TBHP as soon as we decide on a quick trip to goa April second week. By the way is this guy still on? I tried calling him got a number doesn't exist.

~koli.

Bumping up an old thread, has anyone tried this or something similar in Goa recently?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dass (Post 3522989)
Bumping up an old thread, has anyone tried this or something similar in Goa recently?

My trip wasn't recent. I went to Goa in February. These bike and car rentals are a dime a dozen there. I had rented an Activa. Actually 3 of them. It worked out to 300 bucks each per day, and on the last day we kept them for an extra 12 hours. The rates fluctuate a lot depending on season and weekday/weekend and your bargaing skills. The hotel where you stay will be the best people to ask about rentals.
These rental guys give out Thars and most of the common hatchbacks on rent. Apart from Activa's they had 150cc bikes and Royal Enfields on offer too.
They take payment in advance and one original id proof.

I would suggest renting it right from the mapusa bus stand itself if you arrive in Goa by bus. You can save up on transport cost to go to a hotel and also while returing it you just give it back and board the bus. I saw plenty of Activa's and LML Scooters. Avg. rent was around 300 rs./day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 (Post 3523018)
I would suggest renting it right from the mapusa bus stand itself if you arrive in Goa by bus. .

I am driving down to Goa, stay is near colva, so plan to rent it out at Colva itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by promit (Post 3523014)
My trip wasn't recent. I went to Goa in February. These bike and car rentals are a dime a dozen there. I had rented an Activa. Actually 3 of them. It worked out to 300 bucks each per day, and on the last day we kept them for an extra 12 hours. The rates fluctuate a lot depending on season and weekday/weekend and your bargaing skills. The hotel where you stay will be the best people to ask about rentals.
These rental guys give out Thars and most of the common hatchbacks on rent. Apart from Activa's they had 150cc bikes and Royal Enfields on offer too.
They take payment in advance and one original id proof.

Thanks Buddy, the plan is to rent a scooter for one day, and a bullet the next day. I have no much plans of sightseeing, but just to soak in the atmosphere.

Folks, heading to Goa in two weeks.

Where can I rent a RE/Harley for 2 days in good condition and reasonable price? Please advise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barcalad (Post 3652403)
Folks, heading to Goa in two weeks.

Where can I rent a RE/Harley for 2 days in good condition and reasonable price? Please advise.

No idea about a Harley, but u'll get a RE in good condition, easily, in Panjim, Calangute, baga, etc. I guess the cheapest rates will be at Panjim.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohitj92 (Post 3652406)
No idea about a Harley, but u'll get a RE in good condition, easily, in Panjim, Calangute, baga, etc. I guess the cheapest rates will be at Panjim.

Could you kindly recommend any person/shop, their rates and contact details?

Quote:

Originally Posted by barcalad (Post 3652408)

Sorry brother, i lost my contacts 2 months ago, and i am nomore in Goa now. I was there for 4 years, so had quite a few contacts there.

But i am sure, someone here surely will help you with that.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/83320-motorcycle-rental-goa.html

Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barcalad (Post 3652408)

Hi barcalad- try this fellow called Rohit- +91-9764362236. Reasonable rates, sits outside the lemon tree hotel at candolim, call him in advance, and be very clear as to your requirements. He is slightly finicky about the 9 AM-9 AM rental period and requires a little bit of talking to/handling. Another nice chap is just at the Sinq junction, don't know his name and number but you'll find him by a hanging cut-out of a silver swift outside his shop on the left of the road towards Aguada.

Worse come to worse, try the fellow who sits outside the Our Lady of Piety Church. Super chilled out fellow. I lost his Activa keys at Ashwem, he brought a Honda tech all the way got the lock replaced at 8 pm on 25th December and then charged me a cool Rs. 700, which is ok, cause he was absolutely cool about it. He even let me keep the third as a reminder of our timelol:

Guys, will be in Goa tomorrow. Is there any Activa rental place near Airport? Where is the closest (to airport) that I can find otherwise?

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 3677320)
Guys, will be in Goa tomorrow. Is there any Activa rental place near Airport? Where is the closest (to airport) that I can find otherwise?

There is none close to the airport. The closest in South Goa is Arrossim near the erstwhile Hyatt and there is one near Bagmalo Beach Road along the airport boundary wall. I don't have his number, but remember most places in south goa charge you more that what the rate is in the north.

Why are you renting it from near the airport? Are you staying in south goa or just want to drive from the airport to where ever you are staying. My unsolicited advice would be to take a pre-paid cab from the airport to wherever and take an active closer to your hotel!.

April 1, 2015 onwards, helmets will be compulsory for riders on all Goan roads!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/C...w/46763600.cms

Quote:

Helmets will be compulsory on all roads in Goa, highways as well as rural roads, from April 1, as announced by the state transport department earlier. Diluting its earlier stand, the department has made helmets compulsory only for riders and not for pillion riders.

Transport minister Ramkrishna 'Sudin' Dhavalikar told TOI that the department will strictly enforce the helmet rule as stipulated in the Indian Motor Vehicle Act. Dhavalikar declined to comment on why the government had changed its stand and was now exempting pillion riders from wearing helmets.