Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2010, 10:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Suman da's garage (Alok Automoboiles) is one of the best garages in Calcutta. I have seldom seen such an amicable person. I used to get my Baleno serviced from his garage.
Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
I have a Getz 1.1 (about 3 year old). This car has been mostly used within our locality (Salt Lake) and in 3 years has run only about 10K kms. I have been thinking about switching to synthetic engine oil. Now do you recommend it and which oil?
I have used only semi-synthetic engine oil - Castrol. But i donot see any harm if you are switching to Synthetic engine oil. Lost of brands available - Mobil1, Shell Helix, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
The reason I am asking the question in this thread is that I am also looking for a reliable service place for my Getz (not very happy with the guys at Bengal Hyundai's Baghmari service centre, nearest to my place). I know this is a very trivial job, but lots of guys do not do it right unless you stand right there. I need somebody trustworthy.

Do the guys at Alok Automobile keep synthetic oil or I have to get it from somewhere else?
Alok Hyundai donot keep any engine oil - they will get it for you from a store adjuscent to the complex.

You can always go to them - get in touch with Suman da on the number provided - book an appointment - oh! Hyundai cars donot need any prior appointments

Suman da is very much aware of Team BHP - though he is not a member with this Forum.
Old 15th November 2010, 13:54   #17
BHPian

Hi planet_rocker,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I talked to Suman-da a while ago. They keep Petronas synthetic engine oil. I was thinking more along the lines of Mobil 1. Is one or the other significantly better? Suman-da told me though that if I get the oil from outside they have no issues with that. Now my question: which brand should I go for? and more importantly, which grade (0w40 etc)? Do you have any idea about the price of synthetic oil? Where does one get Mobil 1 in Kolkata. On the net I find nothing.

The reason I want to go with fully synthetic is because although this car does not usually run long distances, but everyday it does a lot of short trips (that is, a lot of starts and stops).

Regards.
asitkde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2010, 15:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

i think there is a distributor at Mango Lane.

Some reference should be in this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...-new-post.html
Old 25th January 2011, 02:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

re: Service, Repair & Body Work : Alok Automobiles (Kolkata)

I've probably been the most frequent visitor to Alok Automobiles in the TBHP Cal gang. After I got into modifying my Lancer, it took a lot of time, patience and effort on the part of me as well as Suman da and his crew to get the car up to speed.
Without his help, Phoenix would been grounded

Charges are very reasonable and mechanics are knowledgeable and skilled. I highly recommend this place. One may not get too impressed by the way it looks and it may not be the most sophisticated/modern workshop in Cal, but the work done here is really top notch.
Old 17th February 2011, 19:52   #20
BHPian

Does anybody know if there is any dependable A/C repair center in Kolkata? My 2005 Zen A/C is giving trouble for the last one year and now it is absolutely essential to get it working before the summer hits. MASS tried a couple of times and at the end same leakage problem persisting. Now, the only option left with them is to change the whole unit which will cost me around 16-17K.
So, I'm exploring the opportunity if it can be repaired aftermarket from a good service center/mechanic. Guys from Kolkata, need your help urgently.
Old 17th February 2011, 21:36   #21
BHPian

Hi,

contact Anita Car A/C. He is good. I don't have his number currently but he is located somewhere near Priya cinema towards the Kalighat metro station.

The other one is near the Rabindra sadan metro station. He is a authorised dealer for Subros also. Im forgetting the name but that guy is very reputed.

Cheers
Shrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatmaster View Post
Does anybody know if there is any dependable A/C repair center in Kolkata? My 2005 Zen A/C is giving trouble for the last one year and now it is absolutely essential to get it working before the summer hits. MASS tried a couple of times and at the end same leakage problem persisting. Now, the only option left with them is to change the whole unit which will cost me around 16-17K.
So, I'm exploring the opportunity if it can be repaired aftermarket from a good service center/mechanic. Guys from Kolkata, need your help urgently.

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 17th February 2011 at 21:39.
Old 29th June 2011, 23:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: Service, Repair & Body Work : Alok Automobiles (Kolkata)

the first Mitsubishi Cedia to have been prepared for a NATIONAL LEVEL CHAMPIONSHIP from a Kolkata tuner. A fantastic effort by Alok Automobiles (Suman) and RamaKrishna Race Performance Management!

Service, Repair & Body Work : Alok Automobiles (Kolkata)-270567_2091956506241_1465121654_2279662_1473905_n.jpg

Service, Repair & Body Work : Alok Automobiles (Kolkata)-267082_2091948146032_1465121654_2279660_8361606_o.jpg

Service, Repair & Body Work : Alok Automobiles (Kolkata)-265354_2091623577918_1465121654_2279168_2598823_o.jpg

Service, Repair & Body Work : Alok Automobiles (Kolkata)-256930_2091617297761_1465121654_2279150_3457866_o.jpg

Alok Automobiles has a rally-background and this is just an example of the passion with which the work was carried out and executed! wishing them all the best.

There is also another good news - well! we will have to wait for the right time - will try to give the details, all in good time.

Pic Source: Arjab Basu, FB

Last edited by planet_rocker : 29th June 2011 at 23:20.
Old 24th September 2011, 23:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
the first Mitsubishi Cedia to have been prepared for a NATIONAL LEVEL CHAMPIONSHIP from a Kolkata tuner. A fantastic effort by Alok Automobiles (Suman) and RamaKrishna Race Performance Management!

Attachment 569409

Attachment 569410

Attachment 569411

Attachment 569412

Alok Automobiles has a rally-background and this is just an example of the passion with which the work was carried out and executed! wishing them all the best.

There is also another good news - well! we will have to wait for the right time - will try to give the details, all in good time.

Pic Source: Arjab Basu, FB
@planet_rocker- Did they win in any category or the overall rally? Also, is the cedia turbo-charged[I believe the turbo-charged one go in the N+ category and the non-turbo charged ones go in the N category?]

PS: Nice meeting you today. I hope you don't mind but neither me nor my father can recollect your name. I reminder would be appreciated!
Old 25th September 2011, 09:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

Scuderiamania - you may want to check this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...y-chennai.html

It is OK - no one knows my real name on the forum so planet_rocker is good
Old 2nd October 2011, 17:02   #25
BHPian

Just onfirmed from Suman da yesterday that they are indeed the championship leaders. Also, they are preparing another cedia I believe which was in garage on the left and was being worked upon!
Old 20th December 2012, 11:31   #26
BHPian

Just gave my car for a clutch and brake overhaul at Alok automobile and these people have detected those problems too which even I couldn't detect. Kudos to them. Will be getting my car back from them on saturday and have a rocking drive to Team-BHP meet on sunday. Planet_rocker thank you for getting this link onboard. It has been an awesome experience with them. The only Evo 6 is at their garage for some touch-up. Saying just to give people an idea of what quality job these people do at their rather poor looking garage. I'm literally floored and overwhelmed.
tacho9000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2012, 16:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Welcome @tacho9000 Your message has been communicated to Suman da!

I am sure your car will be in shape soon. Suman da goes through this page as and when he finds time off his work.

Take care and drive safe
Old 22nd December 2012, 18:35   #28
BHPian

A big thumbs up to alok automobile. Alok uncle personally drove and supervised the work done on my car and it has changed the way the car is running. The clutch has become butter smooth. Now I understand the softness provided by a petrol clutch. It is super smooth. The brakes too are now pinsharp to say the least. A big thanks to suman da alok uncle and offcourse planet_rocker. My car has been entirely transformed. And I never ever have felt so happy driving my car previously. The bill too was very reasonable.
Old 22nd February 2013, 07:25   #29
BHPian

Off late Alok Automobile has lost the edge.
I had taken my octavia several times to Alok da for different kind of jobs including brake service, oil change, alternator belt change etc and was overall happy.
But last two visits (one for front shock absorber change and one for rear brake liner change) were not satisfactory at all. The new shock absorbers given by Alok da failed within 3 months (2000KM) and I had to change them again from Lansdowne Automobile (much better experience). I didn't like the overall process of shock changing (too much hammering on the axle). The brakeliners changed ok but brake pedal has become spongy and lost the feel. Took several times to Alok da but it was not resolved.
For premium cars I would suggest Lansdowne automobile over Alok da now a days.
sinhsha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 18:39   #30
Senior - BHPian

Found it strange (but in a good way) that a lot of FIAT cars are being spotted at Alok Automobiles, including retro Palios, Palio Stile`, Punto and Lineas.

Some of the team BHP members find the workshop, an ideal place for hanging out on lazy Saturday mornings Seen below: toiingg's Old Honda City 1.5S and another member's Old Honda City VTEC

Service, Repair & Body Work : Alok Automobiles (Kolkata)-img20131216wa000.jpg

Suman da / Sazid (owner) continues to be as humble as always.

Recently got our Hyundai Getz 1.1 checked up for 50k kms service, which needed an entire clutch kit change.

Service, Repair & Body Work : Alok Automobiles (Kolkata)-img20131113wa004.jpg

Positive: I am happy with the service provided.
Negative: If the workshop is full - you will be asked to come on a later date. Be prepared to give him time for the works - he will return the car unless he is satisfied with the work done.

PS: I am no way related to Alok Automobiles.

Most Viewed