Team-BHP - Alloys, Tyres, Audio, Seat covers and More - Coimbatore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Other Cities (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/)
-   -   Alloys, Tyres, Audio, Seat covers and More - Coimbatore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/86902-alloys-tyres-audio-seat-covers-more-coimbatore.html)

As Coimbatore is know for its spirit in racing you have pretty of options left out when in comes to modifications and Add-ons

i am sharing the least on which i have some idea about.

All the below are purely based on my perspective and experience, i request fellow coimbatorians to add their suggestions :)

Full length Modifications :

Kitup , Near Olumpus,Ramanathapuram
-----------------------------------

Pros
----
-Full length Modifications
-More options
-Good quality of work
-Well equiped too

Cons
----
-Costly in most respects

Tuner's Inc,Near Stadium,Opp Lane to pazhalamudir nilayam,Sajith-9994336399
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pros
----
-Prices are reasonable
-Good quality of work

If you want to do the modifications one by one, here are few choices

For Alloys and tyres
--------------------

Sri Vari-Makesh
---------------
Near CAG Auto,
Avinashi Road,
Coimbatore.
Mobile - 9842235916

-they deals HR/Freeman/Plati Wheels
-Almost all tyres brands.
-Prices are reasonable

Apart from this there are atleast a hand full of good options in this regard in coimbatore, peers can share them

Audio :
-------
Sun combines,
Sun Enterprises -NearSKP (they have almost every accessory)
RM car decor- Nehru stadium
Cons
----
-The above shops are way too costly.

Suggestion:
-----------

Contact Bai -9944152622 (refer Vishnu-teambhp)
-----------------------

Pros
----
-Cheapest of the lot and he would assemble them in your location too
-Has good understanding on the setup when compared to other places.
-I saved around 4k on my setup

Another alternative:
--------------------
Go for a shop's in Greytown area to buy the music system and amps.

Tail Pipe
---------

Shop-Sun Enterprises -Near SKP, Reason he had more choices.

Seat cover's
------------
Well in this area coimbatore have some experts in the name of Koyas etc..

Options
-------

Koyas- Dr.Nanjappa road
Stanley leathers - Circuit house area
Sun Enterprises - Custom stiched- art leather(Nagalingam)

Pros
-----
Reason- Custom stiching option cheaper than G-Sport and delivery time (just 4 hrs)

Anyone know a good place where i can put 3M sunfilms at Coimbatore ? Any inputs will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkrishnakj (Post 2323677)
Anyone know a good place where i can put 3M sunfilms at Coimbatore ? Any inputs will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

The best place for sunfilms in Coimbatore is Suncombine.(adjacent to SKP/Haribhavan hotels)It's situated near the RTO office, on the road between Anna Selai and Women's Polytechnic signal. Let me know in case you need more inputs.

Is nagalingam working in sun enterprises, or is he an individual? need an artificial leather seat cover for my car, that should be best fitted and with low cost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIV3R (Post 2323728)
The best place for sunfilms in Coimbatore is Suncombine.(adjacent to SKP/Haribhavan hotels)It's situated near the RTO office, on the road between Anna Selai and Women's Polytechnic signal. Let me know in case you need more inputs.

Sun Combines is way too costly. 3M Re 35 sunfilm was quoted at 5k and I got it done by the 3m distributor himself for 3.6K. Similarly a friend was quoted 3.4K for Garware (don know the series) which he got it done later for 2k.
The same friend was quoted 800bucks for teh number plate that we got done near Sai Baba Colony for 400bucks.

Sun Combines and Sun Enterprises are for those who do not want to run around for their stuff, and would want to get everything done under one roof. And pay extra for the same.

Anyways for all 3M products head to Cowley Brown Road - and look for balaji Enterprises who is the official dealer ( when coming from thadagam road side this place is on the right after DB road).

Quote:

Originally Posted by sai_ace (Post 2371785)

Anyways for all 3M products head to Cowley Brown Road - and look for balaji Enterprises who is the official dealer ( when coming from thadagam road side this place is on the right after DB road).

Will check this place ASAP. I did not have any problem with the pricing @ sun combines cos I usually get 20% off as the owner happens to be a friend of mine. But I think from now on I can suggest this place as the distributor can be much more helpful during the time of warranty issues. :)

If you are looking for the autographix distributor for 2 ply films, you can get in touch with Mr.Sathyan (98940-43885). He would also be useful in procuring other niche items if necessary.

Hello BHPIANS ! I am about to bring my Baleno to coimbatore for my daily office commute. Was thinking of getting it kitted with LPG. Am quiet reluctant to destroy the stock setup, but I cannot afford petrol alone.

Any reliable fitters or contacts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hari_rama (Post 2510736)
Any reliable fitters or contacts?

Not sure about other sources. For past 7 years we are dealing with Alif Agencies (Old name-Hanifa Gas) near Ukkadam.
Most of the time they deliver the car on the same day and RTO formalities are completed within a week time. Quite impressed with the quality of work without damaging the stock arrangement or the body panels. Price is also reasonable when compared with other sources. After sales support (tuning, kit servicing, etc) is also good.

Unfortunately I don't have the contact details.
Exact location is before the Karumbukadai toll gate when travelling from Ukkadam bus station, on the right side of the road.

You can use my reference. Not sure whether he remembers my name, tell him the person from Tirupur who got his LPG kit for Alto, Wagon-R & Civic with vehicle numbers 1789 and few other cars too.

Thanks Mr. Boss !

BTW, just two more queries to the forum. Is Sequential LPG Kits available in Coimbatore.

Also, since the Car is registered in Kerala, can the RTO endorsement be done at Coimbatore?

Thanks once more. clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Boss (Post 2510772)
Not sure about other sources. For past 7 years we are dealing with Alif Agencies (Old name-Hanifa Gas) near Ukkadam.
Most of the time they deliver the car on the same day and RTO formalities are completed within a week time. Quite impressed with the quality of work without damaging the stock arrangement or the body panels. Price is also reasonable when compared with other sources. After sales support (tuning, kit servicing, etc) is also good.

Unfortunately I don't have the contact details.
Exact location is before the Karumbukadai toll gate when travelling from Ukkadam bus station, on the right side of the road.

You can use my reference. Not sure whether he remembers my name, tell him the person from Tirupur who got his LPG kit for Alto, Wagon-R & Civic with vehicle numbers 1789 and few other cars too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hari_rama (Post 2547316)
Is Sequential LPG Kits available in Coimbatore.

Also, since the Car is registered in Kerala, can the RTO endorsement be done at Coimbatore?

Yes, sequential kits are available in Coimbatore, IIRC quoted 36k 1 year back.
No, endorsement to be done at Kerala only.

Guys, sorry to break in. What I experienced is Coimbatore in general is expensive with respect to modifications & parts compared to Bangalore. I had checked the prices of Hella lights, rear spoilers etc in Bangalore & finally when I landed in Coimbatore, I realized the prices are expensive by couple of thousands for these and almost every other accessory I checked.

So unless you DON'T want to take the pain of traveling all the way to Bangalore, Coimbatore is an option to check, for modification.

does anyone have firsthand information about prices of alloy wheels in coimbatore when compared to bangalore. Is it less and do you have good choices there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baburajs (Post 2607630)
does anyone have firsthand information about prices of alloy wheels in coimbatore when compared to bangalore. Is it less and do you have good choices there.

Of course the prices are less compared to b'lore. And you do have good choices or if you don't find one you can order them if they are from premium brands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hari_rama (Post 2547316)
Is Sequential LPG Kits available in Coimbatore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Boss (Post 2547331)
Yes, sequential kits are available in Coimbatore, IIRC quoted 36k 1 year back.

Confirmed the latest price for Sequential kit, it starts from 30k (forgot the brand, some italian make)

BTW have you got LPG fitted to your vehicle? If not, I can PM you the contact details in coimbatore.