Mohan Das Motors, TASS/FASS, Trivandrum

Services offerred :
  • TASS / Tata A.S & S
  • FASS / FIAT A.S & S
  • Tata assured preowned cars
What I like:
  • They have time for the customer
  • They check your car in and out when they take the job card
  • Pick up and drop ( even if you are from 15kms away)!
  • Spacious garage/launch
What I don't like:

• Location ! bit outside the city; but as road widens it shouldnt be a problem
Mohan Das Motors, TASS/FASS, Trivandrum-mohandasmotors.jpg

What I have used his services for : Oil change

Contact Information

-Service booking : 9544404481 (Sukanya)

-Sales: 9544404493 (Jacob)

Address:
Vazhayila
Perrorkada
Trivandrum-695 005
Kerala Phone: +91 471 2374999 , 6450000

Mohandas Motors
Old 9th November 2010, 13:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

cross posted from http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2132799
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryms View Post
Hello,

At last i decided to fix my tata indica. I took my vehicle to Mohandas motors at Trivandrum for the pending repairs. The repairs done for my vehicle Indical v2 DLS is attached..

The total is 21K, but i am very much pleased with their work and the time they took for the repair. I am now feeling my vehicle is better than when i purchased it.
I have replaced the front 2 studs the price for one stud is 2170.92 and replacement charge is 980 (for replacing both studs of front).

I can give 9/10 for their work. The attitude of the security guards was bad. They are not customer friendly this is the only bad thing i noticed about Mohandas motors.

i am very much pleased about the work and my car is now in good condition. Even though i spent 21k, i feeling no regret since my vehicle is in good condition.

My previous experience with Tata service center at trivandrum was very bad. the work was very poor and trouble shooting was very bad. especially the "kul... Motors" they don't even care for your vehicle, they treat the customer very bad by giving all false advice. many times i had to raise my words at them.

Even if we pay if we wont get service is there any use in giving the vehicle for service?
Tata should do some sort of sudden audit of the service centers so that the valuable customers of Tata wont get nasty treatment and service.

I may say from my experience Tata cars are not bad as we think.
We have one thing in mind always, foreign things are better than Indian.
If i have used any foreign car models available in india like i have done to my Indica then the car would have been in parts.

Thanks for reading....
Old 9th November 2010, 14:23   #3
BHPian

I went to this showroom last Saturday to check out the Indigo CS e-series. The show room is a welcome change to the normally cramped showrooms seen in the city. Was welcomed by one of the receptionists. Voiced my need, was asked to wait for a few minutes. Was attended promplty by a sales representative. She did not show any hurry even though it was well past the closing time of the showroom on a Saturday. She was well informed about the car. Could not get a test drive as the test drive car was away. The lady tried her best to atleast show me a vehicle in the yard which I could drive inside the yard. But since it was too late already, there were no keys available for any of the cars in the yard. The good thing is she atleast tried her best to show me the car. I left the show room pretty impressed. This attitude of the delaer, combined with the above two comments by JK and greenhorn, gives me more confidence to buy the Indigo CS, which I find a real VFM.

Well done Mohandas motors.

PS: The approach road to the showroom is still under construction and so its a little difficult to reach the show room from the main road. This should be solved as soon as the new approach road is constructed.
Old 8th January 2011, 23:48   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mohan Das Motors, TASS/FASS, Trivandrum

Helped my manager get his Punto 90HP from Mohandas. I was there when he took the delivery. Very cordial people. They care.
Old 8th January 2011, 23:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

jkdas, does it not sound too presumptuous to talk about a garage where you go to only for an oil change ? Yeah, the other aspects of it are fine, but don't you think you should have a fair measure of the garage before you start recommending them here on Team-BHP ? Just a thought, no harm intended, hope you understand.
Old 9th January 2011, 00:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
jkdas, does it not sound too presumptuous to talk about a garage where you go to only for an oil change ? Yeah, the other aspects of it are fine, but don't you think you should have a fair measure of the garage before you start recommending them here on Team-BHP ? Just a
thought, no harm intended, hope you understand.
Not just for oil change. Been there for other work too.

Another colleagues who own Punto and Palio was actually recommending me to Visit Mohandas (they didnt know I go to Mohandas). They come pick up your car from Technopark ( 25kms away) and service it when Kulathungal is 5kms away !

I first went to Kulathungal to get the Punto 90HP for my manager. The treatment was bad. The attitude of staff matters too.

Last edited by jkdas : 9th January 2011 at 00:34.
Old 15th January 2011, 15:46   #7
BHPian

Went to Mohandas Motors,TVM during my Xmas vacation in Kerala after seeing jkdas's recommendation. In one short sentence - very nice people to deal with.

I had a broken ORVM that required replacement, so my experience was with bodyshop team only. They didn't have Aria ORVM in stock, so in the first visit they just opened, checked and refitted the ORVM unit right (in around 15-20 minutes). Since I was planning to be in Kerala for at least a week more, ordered the ORVM with them later over phone.

When I went for fitting the ORVM, the color matching was something they took as a prestige issue! The original color formula from Sikkens didn't match my shade perfectly. They tinkered the formula a bit with help from an external expert and it didn't produce the desired effect. Finally they got the color matched by Dupont from outside (Sikkens apparently didn't have local support at TVM). All this was at no addition to initial estimates. Btw, I should mention that all this color matching exercise happened (on an outstation vehicle) when they were working overtime to clear back log of vehicles.
Old 15th January 2011, 16:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

Neyyattinkara is far away and can't be considered as a suburb in real sense. But perhaps non availability of dear space in Trivandrum would have forced them to locate there.
BtB, is this linked to Mohan Das college of Engineering?

The experiences posted here (oil change and ORVM fiement & painting) are not proof enough for a fair conclude.

The mention about the lack of customer orientation by security guards is a concern too, because more than the front office staff, the security blokes are the real front end guys who should greet customers with a smile.
Old 15th September 2011, 17:58   #9
BHPian

@rajeev_k.. Mohandas Motors is at Peroorkada and not at Neyyattinkara.

I visited them yesterday. My engine check light came up a few days back when I was driving to Tvm. Went to Mohandas by yesterday afternoon.

I stay at Jagathy. This place is just 7kms from here. And the roads are also well paved now. It took less than 15 minutes to reach there.

Staff:

The security personnel was very polite and always had a smile on his face. He quickly took down my odo reading at the gate and clearly told me where to park. Impressed !

I think it was lunch time for them. No SA was seen anywhere. Only the receptionist was there. Again, there was a smile on her face. Asked me what the matter is. Told her I want to fix the engine check light thingy. Asked me to wait and called someone. As usual, I thought it would take a long time since it was break time for them. But SA came running to me with a ready to fill job card. Waiting time was equal to nil. Impressed !

Told him about the light and also the glow plug indicator that glows at times. As we would suspect, he told me it would be the glow plug gone bad. Promised a replacement.

There was a lug nut that many including the people at Concorde were not able to open. I just told him about it. He said he will try his best. And promised a delivery by 6pm the same day. It was already 2pm and I had not even taken a prior appointment. Impressed again !!

By 6:15pm I get a call saying that I can pick the car up and the nut also has been replaced. But since I was busy I couldn't go there. Picked the car today morning.

Total cost: 50 INR. (includes cost of a nut and labour).

Verdict: Nice place. If they keep up the same spirit, then they might become the leaders in an year or two. (may be less)

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 15th September 2011 at 18:00.
Old 24th September 2011, 13:47   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
PS: The approach road to the showroom is still under construction and so its a little difficult to reach the show room from the main road. This should be solved as soon as the new approach road is constructed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Verdict: Nice place. If they keep up the same spirit, then they might become the leaders in an year or two. (may be less)
It has been long since I went to that side of Trivandrum. Is the new approach road to the showroom finished?

Last edited by basilmabraham : 24th September 2011 at 13:49.
Old 25th September 2011, 10:02   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
It has been long since I went to that side of Trivandrum. Is the new approach road to the showroom finished?
Sorry for the late reply. I somehow missed the 'You have been quoted' alert. Yes, the main road has been widened till the front gate of the showroom. And the road is in good shape with sparse traffic. They have constructed a small bridge in front of the showroom now so that you can avoid the muddy road which used to be there.
DieselAddikt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 08:51   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Sorry for the late reply. I somehow missed the 'You have been quoted' alert. Yes, the main road has been widened till the front gate of the showroom. And the road is in good shape with sparse traffic. They have constructed a small bridge in front of the showroom now so that you can avoid the muddy road which used to be there.
Thanks for the info. The only dealbreaker for the showroom was the access road. Now since that is sorted, they can be better than ever before.

Last edited by basilmabraham : 26th September 2011 at 08:56.
Old 11th October 2011, 16:43   #13
Senior - BHPian

Sheesh man that I gotta say this!

They tried to cheat me! Very upset at what they did/tried to.
Old 11th October 2011, 17:24   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Sheesh man that I gotta say this!

They tried to cheat me! Very upset at what they did/tried to.
Thats bad. Some more details would help.
Old 11th October 2011, 17:41   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Thats bad. Some more details would help.
Had them collect the Safari from my friend's place as I was out of station on a friday for the 90,000km service. They call me back on Saturday and tell me I need to get

1) Suspension at front done
2) Wheel bearings at front changed
3) Central link rod changed
4) Rear shox changed
5) Clutch worked!
6) Steering dampers changed
7) Rear brake liners changed
8) Rear brake cylinder changed

I fainted by then ( after hearing the quote) and hence dont exactly remember the rest
I asked him (Titto) not to do anything unless I see and to just do

1) 90k service ( All fluids to be changed)
2) Fog lamps to be functiong
3) Engine mounts to be replaced
4) The sound at front to be fixed ( some plastic sound)

The driver calls me up on his way to my office to deliver it and says clutch is gone and they need to check! I ask him to take it back and service engineer calls me and says I need to get slave and master cylinder of clutch changes ( 1800Rs + 2200Rs for parts and approx 4000 Rs for labor!) I ask him not to touch him since I know it can be fixed by my local garage guy. I also ask him some stuff for which he points fingers at the supervisor !

I get the Safari back by Tuesday with a 22k bill ! of which 7500 rs is for labor! ( for 90k service plus brake liner plus cylinder change)
They dint fix the fogs/change mounts too!

I asked him why they didnt fox the fogs and he says electrical guy said that fog mounts are gone so both fogs need to be changed! I quiz he a bit here and comes to know that they didnt even check fuse!

Anyway, I raised a ticket with Tata (Tata Motors Customer Support :: Complaint) .. Nice site! I gave my Safari no and all my details came up automatically and I get a sms saying my complaint was registered ! Impressed!

Most Viewed