Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2011, 16:45   #31
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Hyderabad

To add a bit more about Sivam. I know this bunk for the last 21 years. That used to be the one where my dad used to fill up. But he had a company car and all he had to do was sign the voucher once he filled up. That was the only reason Sivam was used. The owner of the bunk is not exactly known for his fair dealings. He is a slick talker. But he will rob you blind if you are not extra vigilant at his filling station.

When we bought our own car, we only filled up there once - the fuel tank was almost empty.

Also, second Mohsin Motor Needs as the fuel pump of choice. Both our cars fill up there exclusively. Always the right quantity and the right service attitude.

Last edited by lucifer1881 : 6th April 2011 at 16:47.
Old 1st May 2011, 02:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acclero View Post
The one right next to the check post road leading towards filmnagar is usually the one i fill my bike or car with and no surprises its good and also the attendants don't try to cheat you by pouring lesser amount of petrol or starting of from middle as i have seen near the yousufguda petrol pump.

What are the options for Malaysia township (Kukatpally) folks? The IBP near Pride Honda is a little far and on the wrong side of the road (U turn is very far away and usually very busy) while the BHEL IBP is very very far
Old 1st May 2011, 10:33   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
What are the options for Malaysia township (Kukatpally) folks? The IBP near Pride Honda is a little far and on the wrong side of the road (U turn is very far away and usually very busy) while the BHEL IBP is very very far
The IBP next to Pride Honda is closed for maintenance. Never seen a petrol pump closed for maintenance before !!
Nevertheless there is a road that goes behind the petrol pump that opens up next to Chatees (36 - the eating joint) - thats the best way not to break the law and not to go too far for a turn..
Old 1st May 2011, 23:58   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
The IBP next to Pride Honda is closed for maintenance. Never seen a petrol pump closed for maintenance before !!
Nevertheless there is a road that goes behind the petrol pump that opens up next to Chatees (36 - the eating joint) - thats the best way not to break the law and not to go too far for a turn..
How about the Madhapur petrol pump, is that good? Since IBP is closed this one is the closest for me.
Old 2nd May 2011, 11:11   #35
BHPian

Quote:
How about the Madhapur petrol pump, is that good? Since IBP is closed this one is the closest for me.
I have mixed opinions about this pump and also the one next to cyber pearl in hitec city. I go to them only if there is no other option.
Old 2nd May 2011, 11:54   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have mixed opinions about this pump and also the one next to cyber pearl in hitec city. I go to them only if there is no other option.
My rotten luck then.

any other options you can suggest (is IBP open now?). somebody wrote (I am not clear which one he meant but I think) the pump next to Jubilee checkpost is a good one.
Old 6th May 2011, 21:23   #37
BHPian

Quote:
somebody wrote (I am not clear which one he meant but I think) the pump next to Jubilee checkpost is a good one.
This one is not just good but IMO the best one in side of the city.
Old 7th May 2011, 00:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
This one is not just good but IMO the best one in side of the city.
Thanks

I got my fill their on Wednesday afternoon. the problem of course is the U turn before the pump - it is on an incline and there is very heavy traffic. Add this to the other facts (new driver + diesel) and the result was stalled car (on a dozen attempts).

I shudder at what'll happen once my Figo starts crying out for more fuel.

Any idea when the IBP in Jubilee Hills will open again?
Old 9th May 2011, 18:33   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Yes thats the one.

Issues faced are:
  1. Everytime I fill there, my car returns less mileage. Compared to that even the HP pump on Raj Bhavan road delivers better mileage.
  2. He always short changes on the quantity i.e. If you say 500, he will never give the full 500 but to the nearest point when everyone else now does upto 3 points of the decimal. Even in case of card payment, he rounds off to the next rupee.
Going my MC's observation, I gave Moshin Brothers a try for the last 3 fills in my Fiesta.

The FE remained the same: between 11 to 12. Therefore the IOC bunk opposite Spar seems to be as good as this one, with the only difference of Moshin charging the exact amount on the credit card, whereas IOC sometimes used to round it to the nearest rupee. Therefore I might have saved a couple of bucks with Moshin over 3 refills.

BTW, when are the fuel prices increasing?

Last edited by vnabhi : 9th May 2011 at 18:35.
Old 12th May 2011, 21:23   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks

I got my fill their on Wednesday afternoon. the problem of course is the U turn before the pump - it is on an incline and there is very heavy traffic. Add this to the other facts (new driver + diesel) and the result was stalled car (on a dozen attempts).

I shudder at what'll happen once my Figo starts crying out for more fuel.

Any idea when the IBP in Jubilee Hills will open again?
I suggest you drive for another 50 metres and take the next U-turn. It is relatively easier than the first one.
vnabhi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 00:00   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I suggest you drive for another 50 metres and take the next U-turn. It is relatively easier than the first one.
Great advice, I am kicking myself why didn't I think of that. One of the problems at this U turn is that the vehicles standing for the signal go well past this turn - and it becomes nightmarish to turn there are a result. I guess the 50m turn should be better.
Old 10th June 2011, 10:45   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1881 View Post

Also, second Mohsin Motor Needs as the fuel pump of choice. Both our cars fill up there exclusively. Always the right quantity and the right service attitude.
I have been using Mohsin Motor Needs since last 5 years and never had a reason to complain. As you said: Right quantity and right service attitude.
Old 20th June 2011, 19:21   #43
BHPian

The IBP pump next to Pride Honda in Hitec City/ Madhapur area is open again.
Don't know the reason why this was closed or if there have been any management changes for this outlet.
LonelyPlanet is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 19:28   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The IBP pump next to Pride Honda in Hitec City/ Madhapur area is open again.
Don't know the reason why this was closed or if there have been any management changes for this outlet.

Is this a COCO pump?

Also, does IBP sell at same prices as HP/IOCL/BP etc.?
Old 20th June 2011, 19:33   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Is this a COCO pump?

Also, does IBP sell at same prices as HP/IOCL/BP etc.?
Yes this is a COCO and IBP sells the same rate as the other PSUs
LonelyPlanet is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks