Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2015, 10:48   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Hyderabad

Any feedback on the L Fuels pump after the Gulmohar park entrance, just before the left turn towards Lingampally flyover?
Old 16th April 2015, 17:02   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Any feedback on the L Fuels pump after the Gulmohar park entrance, just before the left turn towards Lingampally flyover?
I used them on a couple of occasions. However when I started making a note of my odometer readings I realized there is an issue with the quantity of fuel delivered. After that incident I never visit this fuel station.
thenomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 18:46   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
I used them on a couple of occasions. However when I started making a note of my odometer readings I realized there is an issue with the quantity of fuel delivered. After that incident I never visit this fuel station.
Any trusted pump in that area?
Old 16th April 2015, 19:01   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Anyone filled at the state civil supplies department pump after Hafeezpet towards Miyapur?
Yes, this was my trusted pump. But I have now started going to the BP Petrol pump that comes on the same road, just after the flyover. I find the engine to be a bit more smoother.
shifu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 14:51   #110
BHPian

KALINDI SERVICE STATION, Vidya nagar - IOCL

Situated on the left side of the Road in between DD hospital and Osmania University just before the Railway overbridge
Old 29th October 2015, 13:35   #111
BHPian

guys, I'll be doing a Pune-RJY trip this weekend. I usually fill in at Hotel Gujarat BP bunk, take the ORR at Patancheruvu and will be off towards Vijayawada.
Do we have any trusted bunks around ORR or Ramoji film city so I call fill up before hitting the highway.
Old 30th October 2015, 06:45   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
guys, I'll be doing a Pune-RJY trip this weekend. I usually fill in at Hotel Gujarat BP bunk, take the ORR at Patancheruvu and will be off towards Vijayawada.
Do we have any trusted bunks around ORR or Ramoji film city so I call fill up before hitting the highway.
There is a HP (?) petrol bunk on the left side as you get off ORR towards Vijayawada. Since the bunk is on the outskirts, I cannot confirm if it is a trusted pump or not.
Old 30th October 2015, 09:35   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
There are 5 petrol pumps on the road between UOH and Nallagandla.
1. Between Gulmohar Park (GP) and UOH.
2. Near GP.
3. Between the Turn and Flyover.
4. Between the Turn and Flyover.
5. Between The Flyover and Citizen Hospital.
Out of this lot, i was under the impression that 2 is a company operated one and is the most reliable !!!
Old 30th October 2015, 09:35   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
There is a HP (?) petrol bunk on the left side as you get off ORR towards Vijayawada. Since the bunk is on the outskirts, I cannot confirm if it is a trusted pump or not.
haha, ok. I see a number of BP and HP (some new) along the highway. But wanted to know if there's any trusted bunk.
Old 18th February 2016, 15:03   #115
Team-BHP Support

I used to fill up petrol at the HP bunk close to Absolute BBQ at Gachibowli.

Today I stopped my car and got down. Asked for 2,000 worth of petrol.
The guy starts filling. He then looks at the supervisor. The supervisor made a slight eye movement which I caught.
The guy stops filling at 400 and says there is a problem with the machine and he will reset.

I stopped him from resetting it. Paid the 400 and left.

I am not accusing them of being guilty but I did not have the time to stand and fight if they were trying to rip me off.

Treat my post as a warning that this pump MAY be going the bad way.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 16:05   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

I am not accusing them of being guilty but I did not have the time to stand and fight if they were trying to rip me off.
I faced a similar situation about couple of years back when they were brand new. I asked them to fill my bike tank and the pump guy intentionally plunged the gun so hard inside the tank that it started to shake. In spite of me asking him to keep the gun little up, he kept ignoring me. Due to blow back he pulled it out and said its full. I was not able to check the tank level since it was dark and left without noticing the level. Only after a couple of days when my bike started to flash reserve, I was able to piece together this scam.
Old 18th February 2016, 16:34   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I stopped him from resetting it. Paid the 400 and left.
I think you did the right thing and thanks for warning all.

One irritating issue which i face and get cheesed off is when the petrol pump attendants keep their hands on the lever which controls the flow of the nozzle. Ideally they are supposed to enter the amount, press the lever, which gets automatically locked and let the fuel flow. It gets unlocked when the desired fuel is delivered to your tank. But most of time i have to tell people to move off except from some good pumps where the attendant himself removes his hand. I have read at many places that by fluctuating the pressure on the lever they can siphon off few ounces of fuel.

So my daughter taught me another trick last month. As soon as the attendant starts filling petrol, my daughter waves the money and beckons him to come and collect the money, in this way he leaves the lever and comes for the money. The paying procedure lasts just almost till the time fuel is fully filled.
Old 18th February 2016, 17:08   #118
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
So my daughter taught me another trick last month.
Isn't it better to get down and stand by the fuel nozzle when filling? Sitting inside the car and asking the attendant to fill up is wrong IMO.

What if wrong fuel is filled in? The attendant will sigh off and put the blame on the owner. I have seen more than 5+ cases where diesel was filled in a petrol car and vice versa.

When one is sitting inside the cheap tricks like the one played with 'bblost' is highly possible and one has no chance to get hold of these malpractices red hand.

Last edited by a4anurag : 18th February 2016 at 17:09.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 17:25   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Isn't it better to get down and stand by the fuel nozzle when filling? Sitting inside the car and asking the attendant to fill up is wrong IMO.
Oh Yes. I get down every time and as correctly pointed out i have the wrong fuel issue also because most expect the Creta to be Diesel, where as my Nanook is petrol, so i do a double check, always and every time.

Now generally one expects the kids to also follow rules, however kids are kids and my daughter does not get sometimes down from her i20. So she found a way out. Also if you are a frequent visitor, there are some pump attendants who recognize you and will fill the correct fuel and here the trick of the lever by paying cash during filling.
Old 18th February 2016, 17:42   #120
BHPian

Other option is to feign as if you forgot to open the fuel cap from inside the car and make them fill in details of your transaction (electronic pumps) and only after they remove the gun and meter reads zero and then open the fuel cap.

Works for me every time. Since I fill in petrol booster / injector cleaner during full tank, I make sure I occupy the initial part of the transaction and make sure all details are correct before allowing them to fill fuel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks