Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2016, 15:54   #121
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Hyderabad

Has anybody used the HP outlet near Doyens Township on Lingampalli-HCU road? My wife has used it regularly for the last 2 years or so for my Polo. I have started using this route too and filled in once.

Now you might call it psychological, but I find the engine noise a bit harsh after I filled in petrol. I also find Polo's engine noise a lot more pronounced, and have a feeling it has to do with the fuel quality.

Did anybody else feel the same after filling in at that petrol pump?
Old 9th August 2016, 16:06   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Has anybody used the HP outlet near Doyens Township on Lingampalli-HCU road? My wife has used it regularly for the last 2 years or so for my Polo. I have started using this route too and filled in once.

Now you might call it psychological, but I find the engine noise a bit harsh after I filled in petrol. I also find Polo's engine noise a lot more pronounced, and have a feeling it has to do with the fuel quality.

I have been using this pump for the past 10 months. The FE has been consistently good and I never observed any issue with the engine noise.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 10:32   #123
BHPian

I filled petrol in there just 3 days back and my car's performance has noticeably gone down. I've filled there before and I have either not faced or noticed such an issue earlier, but this time it was very distinct. I tried to tell myself its nothing, but then the car kept getting strained while climbing slopes and flyovers.

And too bad I filled almost the entire tank

This is one to avoid in my list. On the other hand I've heard that the HP pump that has come in place of Shell at Raidurg is good - could be because it is new and they are trying to get customers.

Quote:

jetti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 11:29   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
I filled petrol in there just 3 days back and my car's performance has noticeably gone down. I've filled there before and I have either not faced or noticed such an issue earlier, but this time it was very distinct. I tried to tell myself its nothing, but then the car kept getting strained while climbing slopes and flyovers.

And too bad I filled almost the entire tank

This is one to avoid in my list. On the other hand I've heard that the HP pump that has come in place of Shell at Raidurg is good - could be because it is new and they are trying to get customers.
I had the above experience (harsh engine note and strained engine) when my friend tanked up from the Club HP petrol on the left right before we climb the Lingampally flyover (in front of a CCD). For the last two tankfuls, I have gone to the Club HP on the left just before the turn towards the flyover (and after Gulmohar park colony entrance) and the car feels much better to drive. This petrol station is open 24*7 which is helpful sometimes during my late night or early morning runs. And I believe this is COCO as the card payment receipt states "HPCL L Fuels" as against the typical names like "XXX filing station".

Last edited by ashis89 : 26th August 2016 at 11:29. Reason: Spell check
Old 8th September 2017, 12:58   #125
BHPian

I've been filling up at the BP Petrol pump in Hafeezpet, the one just after the flyover if you are going towards Miyapur. I find their regular petrol better than other pumps. So, this time, I decide to try Speed and got it filled. Surprisingly the performance was worse than their regular petrol. Next tankful I filled regular petrol and engine went back to the smooth feeling that I usually get. Overall I'm a but surprised at this and going to stick with their regular petrol from now on.
Old 14th February 2019, 15:45   #126
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread.

Any trusted petrol pumps in the Ameerpet/Srinagar Colony/Panjagutta area - specifically for diesel. Have tried both Rameshwar (Opp TV9 Office), and Metro (Srinagar Colony Road) and both are very bad - poor efficiency and engine performance.

Request advise.
Old 14th February 2019, 19:51   #127
BHPian

BP Company owned and operated,opp.Huda maitrivanam,Ameerpet. This should be your best bet.
Old 14th February 2019, 19:56   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendream View Post
BP Company owned and operated,opp.Huda maitrivanam,Ameerpet. This should be your best bet.
I remember that this place was for SHELL fuel earlier? has this been taken over by BP now.
Old 14th February 2019, 20:07   #129
BHPian

Yes.I stay near by.Surprisingly even I was not aware of this.Recently filled a couple of times there.
Old 31st March 2019, 07:00   #130
BHPian

Hey Guys,

How is the Essar fuel pump on ISB road?
In general Essar n reliance pumps are said to be good. Any specific reviews for this pump?
Old 14th September 2020, 13:31   #131
BHPian

Guys,
I am visiting Hyderabad and would be of great help if someone could help me with an indian Oil petrol stations around Dilsukhnagar who accept to redeem the points of indian oil citibank card
Alternatively, Are there any Indian Oil CoCo Petrol stations around Dilsukhnagar?

Thanks for your help
tckanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 12:17   #132
BHPian

Guys,

I am new to Hyderabad, can someone suggest good petrol pumps in and around Gachibowli area?
Old 19th September 2021, 12:34   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckanth View Post
Guys,

Alternatively, Are there any Indian Oil CoCo Petrol stations around Dilsukhnagar?

Hi , welcome to the City of Pearls !

As far as I understand, now you can claim the Citi IOCL Card points through the app if you have more than 2000 points. So it should not be any problem.

And since you are near Dilsukhnagar, I advise you to use the IOC Petrol Bunk near Musi Bridge in Moosarambagh on Malakpet-Amberpet Road ( you will find it on your left when you are coming from Malakpet side almost at the start of the bridge) - https://goo.gl/maps/726pbVuQ2d9Q3yz88

Alternatively, you can use one more IOCL Bunk that is on the same road ahead in Amberpet - https://goo.gl/maps/2kJxAvzMkq94H2T2A

I have been filling up my tanks - both metro land diesel from last 3 years and I found them reliable
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed