Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2011, 19:47   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Yes this is a COCO and IBP sells the same rate as the other PSUs

Well, this is just in time for my third refill - needed to fill up today as my Figo is showing a DTE of about 100km
Old 20th June 2011, 20:03   #47
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

What happened to the COCO outlet of BP near the Begumpet Airport flyover? It looks like it has been taken over by IOC, going by the hoardings there, but it seems to be closed at the moment.

Any idea when it got changed? The earlier COCO outlet was my favourite when I used to live in that area.
Old 21st June 2011, 08:04   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys,

What happened to the COCO outlet of BP near the Begumpet Airport flyover? It looks like it has been taken over by IOC, going by the hoardings there, but it seems to be closed at the moment.
I think you meant IBP? There was no Bharat Petroleum anywhere on that road.

IBP was taken over by IOC about 5-6 years back and I guess slowly they are going to consolidate on only the brand "Indian Oil".
Old 21st June 2011, 10:08   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I think you meant IBP? There was no Bharat Petroleum anywhere on that road.

IBP was taken over by IOC about 5-6 years back and I guess slowly they are going to consolidate on only the brand "Indian Oil".
Yes, I remember it was IBP, not BP. Thanks for the update.
Old 21st June 2011, 10:53   #50
Senior - BHPian

Last night I almost had a fight at the IBP pump on Road No. 36 Jubilee Hills

I asked for "tank full" and this guy filled in 37ltrs. I remembered the tank capacity of the car is 35ltr. So I searched for my manual just to check. It took some time and in the meantime tempers frayed.

I told them many times that I may be wrong - if I am then I'll pay them, if I'm not I'll put a complaint in the complaint book.

Anyway, I found that tank capacity is 45ltrs - I showed them, apologised (they apologised much more - I had told them earlier that I might be wrong about tank capacity but they were still arguing thinking I was out to fleece them) and paid.
Old 22nd June 2011, 12:35   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Last night I almost had a fight at the IBP pump on Road No. 36 Jubilee Hills

I asked for "tank full" and this guy filled in 37ltrs. I remembered the tank capacity of the car is 35ltr. So I searched for my manual just to check. It took some time and in the meantime tempers frayed.

I told them many times that I may be wrong - if I am then I'll pay them, if I'm not I'll put a complaint in the complaint book.

Anyway, I found that tank capacity is 45ltrs - I showed them, apologised (they apologised much more - I had told them earlier that I might be wrong about tank capacity but they were still arguing thinking I was out to fleece them) and paid.
Well that takes care of one of the Qs : Quantity. I hope that the other Q : Quality is being maintaied after the reopening.
Old 22nd June 2011, 12:48   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Well that takes care of one of the Qs : Quantity. I hope that the other Q : Quality is being maintaied after the reopening.

The reason I got suspicious was I had had my previous fill at the Jubilee Hills checkpost pump - I asked them for "tankful", the guy fills slightly over 30L (may be 31, 32) and says your tank is full - I told him thanks, paid him and left thinking that "at least 5L more must be in the tank, so capacity should be 35L"

I guess something may be wrong at the checkpost pump (or may be they were trying to pull a fast one that day).

when I told the attendants at the IBP that I'm looking at my manual to see what is the tank capacity, they brought some people to take me the office. There was a bald middle aged gentleman there - he asked me what is the problem - I told him tank capacity is 35L, your guys filled 37L he said that may be because usually actual capacity is slightly more than stated - then I said tank was not empty. He got really angry, and unless he is a good actor his face had the looks of anger coming from insult (and the feeling that he was about to be cheated)

I mean if I read his face correctly then he must be an honest guy - quality should be good too.
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:21   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

On a similar subject, I always tank-up my Cruze and i10 from Hyderguda BP for two primary reasons. One is FE and other is he was liberal with providing me with petrol bills.

However, last couple of tankfuls due to unavailability at Hyderguda BP, tanked up at HP at Basheerbagh ( outside LB stadium). I feel the FE of my car has gone up considerbly. However, the downside is they give you a printed bill.

Not sure, if BP was cheating in terms of quantity all this while or HP's quality is geniunely better.
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:41   #54
BHPian

+1 on that HP Petrol Pump Avi Bhai. Mughal's Petrol Pump is the name. My dad always filled fuel at Mughals or at Ashoka BP at Lakdikapul. I find these two petrol bunks to be worth it and these days, I am filling fuel at the BP Company Outlet at Langer House as it is on my way & I find a good difference in my FE too.

OT: I see that many pumps in the city fill petrol at 70.70 per litre without any change, where as when I visit the BP Company Outlet at Langer House, I see that they charge 70.67 per litre. I know .03 paise might not be a big number, but I just wanted to say that they change the price as per the rate intimated by the company. Sometimes I see 70.67 or 70.68. On enquiring, was told that the price comes from company everyday morning and they start the sale at the quoted price.
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:06   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Another petrol bunk people swear by is opposite to Mahindra Showroom at R.P Road. Just after taking right from Tank Bund.

Its a very small one but, people stand in line to fill up even in normal days. Supposedly, in entire city he fills the best quantity and quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Yagnayya's the name Avinash Bhai. Try once, this is one of the best petrol bunks. Best Quality and Quantity. No issues at all. They are very very particular about it. You will be surprised to know that they have fixed timings of the pump too. The pump closes by 8.00 and not a minute more than that. Even if you coming at 8.00 and ask him to fill up, he says SORRY.
Yes, Ch. Yegnaiah's bunk is the gold standard for quality/quantity. It's a family business affair and auto drivers - who I think are more conscious than most of the 2 Qs because of their heavy running - swear by them.

@Avi: Just after taking right from Tank Bund is the Kingsway HP. I know you didn't mean to point that one out but it could be confusing to a Hyd newbie. I don't have a high opinion of Kingsway HP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
I usually fill from the HP Pump opposite BHEL. The pump is 24 Hrs open, accepts card, attendants are courteous and air pump is pretty accurate. Cross checked the air pump with a brand new foot pump.

Only issue, the pump does not stock Power Petrol which is needed in my bike :(. I get this from the IOC pump further down the road when heading away from BHEL.
Thanks for the tip about the HP bunk opp. BHEL. I generally have a very low opinion of HP based on whatever I saw of them in Hyd and Blr. Hippocampus service station at the entrance to Park Lane on SP Road is a classic example, as is Kingsway as I pointed out earlier. Although I've filled up many times from the two HP outlets in Gachibowli (the new one called 'Venkatadri' at Vinayakanagar and the other one near the 'X' roads) and haven't seen a drop in FE, I've had bill amount rounding-off issues with them. So it's good to hear of a "good" HP outlet. Perhaps it's the CoCo aspect that matters.

By the way, which bike do you have and why does it "need" premium fuel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
IBP near 'My Home Jewel' and HP Pump opposite BHEL seem to offer good quality fuel. Have not faced an issue with them.
I think you meant IOCL and not IBP. In fact, is this the same IOCL you referred to in the quote above? This IOCL outlet near My Home Jewel (called "Hitech") is my default now. I'm very happy with their 2 Qs, service and fairness of billing.

The Madinaguda BP - the one closer to BHEL; I haven't tried the one closer to Allwyn Jn - is also good.

Other recommended bunks on this stretch at the IOCL near Hyderguda (on the LHS some 1.2 km before Bachupally/Medchal Rd junction when approaching BHEL from Kukatpally) and the IBP just at the junction. With the latter one has to be careful about rounding-off when paying by CC, but there are no issues on the 2 Qs.

I think all of the bunks on this stretch are good overall as they depend a lot more on highway drivers/truckers for business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnraghu78 View Post
I usually goto IBP next to pride honda on Road No. 36. Decent quality. Always get better mileage there.
Yep - this one's good too. However I don't like the IOCL at Madhapur so much. I've also heard from some colleagues that the couple of bunks on the Kondapur - Hafeezpet - Allwyn Jn stretch after the Hafeezpet flyover are best avoided.

Some more bunks that I find very good (all on the same NH9 stretch) -

IOCL near Tadbund junction. It's very small and easy to miss unless you know it. This is on the left side of the road as you head towards Secunderabad from Tadbund and is tucked away in the middle of the Piaggo/Ape and Honda showrooms and Hyundai A.S.S.

IOCL near Narsapur junction, Balanagar, just before approaching the junction from Bowenpally side.

BP just before Air Force colony, again on the stretch between Bowenpally and Balanagar.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:49   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post

By the way, which bike do you have and why does it "need" premium fuel?
Its slightly modified running a high compression. Hence, needs higher octane, else it knocks.

Quote:
I think you meant IOCL and not IBP. In fact, is this the same IOCL you referred to in the quote above? This IOCL outlet near My Home Jewel (called "Hitech") is my default now. I'm very happy with their 2 Qs, service and fairness of billing.
My Bad. Yes IOC. Never had an issue with them
Old 23rd June 2011, 17:47   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Other recommended bunks on this stretch at the IOCL near Hyderguda (on the LHS some 1.2 km before Bachupally/Medchal Rd junction when approaching BHEL from Kukatpally) and the IBP just at the junction. With the latter one has to be careful about rounding-off when paying by CC, but there are no issues on the 2 Qs.

Regards,
spadix
I suppose you are referring to Hydernagar, and not Hyderguda. The latter is near Basheerbagh, way off from the location you are referring to.

As regards the IOC bunk, is it the one that is located just before the left turn to Sri Chaitanya Jr College a.k.a Sri Chaitanya Central Jail?
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:01   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I suppose you are referring to Hydernagar, and not Hyderguda. The latter is near Basheerbagh, way off from the location you are referring to.
Exactly. Apologies for the typo, especially considering I had just caught mash's typo in that post of mine! My school was in Hyderguda so that name came out "naturally" .

Quote:
As regards the IOC bunk, is it the one that is located just before the left turn to Sri Chaitanya Jr College a.k.a Sri Chaitanya Central Jail?
Exactly. Here's the link.

Why jail? Because it's residential?

Regards,
spadix
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:49   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix

Exactly. Apologies for the typo, especially considering I had just caught mash's typo in that post of mine! My school was in Hyderguda so that name came out "naturally" .

Exactly. Here's the link.

Why jail? Because it's residential?

Regards,
spadix
Yup , it is popularly known by that name.
Old 24th June 2011, 15:02   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This IOCL outlet near My Home Jewel (called "Hitech") is my default now. I'm very happy with their 2 Qs, service and fairness of billing.
Aaaarrrghhhh! Another typo from my side.

It's Cyber Filling Station and not Hitech.

Someone kill this new-age terminology for me, please.

Regards,
spadix

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks