Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2011, 15:29   #61
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Aaaarrrghhhh! Another typo from my side.

It's Cyber Filling Station and not Hitech.

Someone kill this new-age terminology for me, please.

Regards,
spadix

Been filling there since the day cyber filling station opened he will fill at any time of the night all that you have to do is just knock on the glass door.

I prefer this guy over the BP pump Venkateshwara Filling Station at madinaguda as i can claim my citibank petrol coupons here.
Old 27th June 2011, 15:33   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Yup , it is popularly known by that name.

Its Miyapur Jubilee Filling Station after crossing Hydernagar and a kilometre away from Miyapur X roads.

Even this guy will fill at any time of the night if you honk or knock on the glass door.

I fillup here when I am coming back from the city and I can claim my citibank petrol coupons here too.
Old 27th June 2011, 16:02   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcotsrinivas View Post
I prefer this guy over the BP pump Venkateshwara Filling Station at madinaguda as i can claim my citibank petrol coupons here.
In fact this bunk is the reason why I'm getting a Citibank IOCL card once again after having stopped using it for 7 years. Finally a *good* and convenient IOCL!

Regards,
spadix
Old 12th July 2011, 20:27   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Its slightly modified running a high compression. Hence, needs higher octane, else it knocks.
Forgot this earlier, but post-BSII (i.e. BSIII and newer) there's no difference in octane ratings between regular and premium fuel. Both are 91 RON. The only difference is that premium petrol comes with cleansing additives pre-mixed.

Do you experience knocking in your bike with regular fuel even after April 1, 2005?

Or are you feeding your bike with something like Speed 97 (I don't know the HP equivalent)?

Regards,
spadix
Old 14th September 2011, 12:45   #65
BHPian

The bunk next to Cyber Pearl in Hitec City spots a COCO banner now.
Anyone aware if there is a change of guard recently....
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:56   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
Guys, Any recommendations for HiTech city/Jubilee Hills folks?
There is a BP fuel station at Jubilee Hills checkpost but it is usually crowded (although that can mean a good thing). A little distance away, you can find an IOC fuel station close to the HDFC bank, next to Subway and Baskin Robbins and is rarely crowded if you are there for regular diesel.
k_nitin_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 20:46   #67
BANNED

For me I have been filling up my Ritz (Diesel) and HH Karizma (Unleaded Petrol) from two filling stations, One is near Tadbund X roads (Indian Oil) and the other one is near Bowenpally X Roads (Bharat Petroleum)

Consistent mileage, no problem with quantity and every fill regardless of the amount they give me the bills.
Old 12th February 2012, 22:58   #68
BHPian

Mohan Auto Service(IOC bunk) opposite to Andhra Mahila Sabha hospital in vidyanagar is a great bunk. I have been filling my scooter and car for the last 18 years. The quality and quantity are assured and it shows in the mileage which is always constant.
Old 12th April 2012, 15:13   #69
Team-BHP Support

What is the opinion on the
HP Bunk close to Gachibowli Flyover
The IBP Bunk close to the turning into Hi Tech City
And the petrol bunk near cyber pearl.
Old 12th April 2012, 16:51   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
What is the opinion on the HP Bunk close to Gachibowli Flyover
I fill my car (diesel) in this bunk only unless I am out of town or run out of fuel elsewhere in the city. Like the cleanliness, good no. of attendants who will help in get-in-fill-it-get-out-quickly, their ability to follow "auto-cut-off" instructions. Mileage has been consistent so far, can't comment on the quantity/quality of the fuel, though I assume both are as stipulated.
skumare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 22:13   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which one are you talking about? Is it Venkatadri in Vinayakanagar or the other one at the junction itself? I've filled up at the former quite a few times, and a couple of times at the latter.

I'm assuming you wanted to know about the former (Venkatadri). Like skumare said I like their overall efficiency and cleanliness. I've had only one instance where the attendant didn't heed my instruction to stop at auto-cutoff, so they're good in that regard too, again like skumare pointed out. From the fuel quality perspective I've not had any issues. F/E after a tankful here was not significantly different (after adjusting for driving style and conditions) from F/E I used to get from the IOCL near My Home Jewel I used to fill up regularly at.

However, what I don't like is the fact that they round-off amounts even when asked to use a credit card. Secondly, the queue at the air pump tends to get pretty long.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 18:06   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The IBP Bunk close to the turning into Hi Tech City
And the petrol bunk near cyber pearl.
I had read good reviews here for the IBP bunk next to the old Pride Honda showroom on Road No. 36.

However my own experience, as well as that of several colleagues hasn't been very good. Mileage is invariably less after filling up at that pump.

I have tried the pump right inside the HiTech city also - can't comment on the FE, but the air compressor meter is definitely wrong.

I personally drive all the way to Jubilee Hills checkpost, usually in the late evenings, to fill up.
Old 13th April 2012, 21:51   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
I had read good reviews here for the IBP bunk next to the old Pride Honda showroom on Road No. 36.

However my own experience, as well as that of several colleagues hasn't been very good. Mileage is invariably less after filling up at that pump.

I personally drive all the way to Jubilee Hills checkpost, usually in the late evenings, to fill up.
I remember filling up at that IBP bunk only once, and I do remember seeing a new board that it was a COCO of Indian Oil. I do not remember what the FE was after that, as it was a lone incident.

This being so, I am surprised how a co-owned outlet can dupe customers.

BTW, which bunk near J Hills checkpost do you visit? Is it the one close to the Junction, or the IOC near the rd # 45 Junction?
Old 15th April 2012, 01:58   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I remember filling up at that IBP bunk only once, and I do remember seeing a new board that it was a COCO of Indian Oil. I do not remember what the FE was after that, as it was a lone incident.

This being so, I am surprised how a co-owned outlet can dupe customers.

BTW, which bunk near J Hills checkpost do you visit? Is it the one close to the Junction, or the IOC near the rd # 45 Junction?

I go to the one right next to the LV Prasad marg intersection.

The IBP pump I'm talking about is right next to old Pride Honda showroom location. That was closed for months around this time last year. then it opened and I went there - had a fight because I thought they were duping me (33ltrs of diesel went in, I thought my tank capacity was 35, checked the manual, apologised and left) - turns out the dupe was there, but not the way I thought.

The FE just went down, either because of fuel quality (possible, but) or because they are underfilling somehow.

Many colleagues told me same - both diesel and petrol guys.
vina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 12:28   #75
Senior - BHPian

Alright guys BP petrol pump at the Jubilee Hills checkpost, does that have everyone's approval? Require unadulterated fuel and nitrogen for the Kizzy :P

Most Viewed