Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2012, 18:56   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Alright guys BP petrol pump at the Jubilee Hills checkpost, does that have everyone's approval? Require unadulterated fuel and nitrogen for the Kizzy :P
I've always had good experience with BP in checkpost regarding fuel quality but the long queue there can actually drink up 1L petrol if you are going during busy hours.

Go for Shell if you can, you've got a car that is more exclusive and rare than a Q7 on Hyderabad roads
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 20:01   #77
BHPian

Good Ones:

1) Jubilee Hills Check Post - HP : You can see most of the high-end cars at this Pump.
2) Venkateshwara Pump - Gabhibowli - After getting down from Gachibowli Flyover towards IIIT.
3) Shell PP - Sarathi Studios / Opp Huda Maitrivanam Ameerpet
4) Sangeet PP

Bad Ones:
1) Shivam Petrol Pump IOC - Madhapur (Ayyapa Society) : Complained 2 times to IOL Managers - Attendants are crooks

2) Shivam PP IOC - Begumpet (Opp Pantaloons): Complained once for filling petrol without resetting the earlier meter. He filled 8 litres in my Honda Activa when there was at least couple of litres of petrol already in the tank

3) IOC Petrol Pump on Yousufguda Main road towards Ameerpet : Bashed up one of the attendants badly for trying to cheat me.
Old 6th December 2012, 00:16   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I've always had good experience with BP in checkpost regarding fuel quality but the long queue there can actually drink up 1L petrol if you are going during busy hours.

Go for Shell if you can, you've got a car that is more exclusive and rare than a Q7 on Hyderabad roads
LOL ye I do usually go to the Shell petrol pump in Somajiguda or the BP one opposite Auchan but do they have nitrogen filling stations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
Good Ones:

1) Jubilee Hills Check Post - HP : You can see most of the high-end cars at this Pump.
2) Venkateshwara Pump - Gabhibowli - After getting down from Gachibowli Flyover towards IIIT.
3) Shell PP - Sarathi Studios / Opp Huda Maitrivanam Ameerpet
4) Sangeet PP

Bad Ones:
1) Shivam Petrol Pump IOC - Madhapur (Ayyapa Society) : Complained 2 times to IOL Managers - Attendants are crooks

2) Shivam PP IOC - Begumpet (Opp Pantaloons): Complained once for filling petrol without resetting the earlier meter. He filled 8 litres in my Honda Activa when there was at least couple of litres of petrol already in the tank

3) IOC Petrol Pump on Yousufguda Main road towards Ameerpet : Bashed up one of the attendants badly for trying to cheat me.
Which is this HP petrol pump you speak of at the checkpost?
Old 6th December 2012, 01:16   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
LOL ye I do usually go to the Shell petrol pump in Somajiguda or the BP one opposite Auchan but do they have nitrogen filling stations?
Refer this thread for the list of Nitrogen filling stations.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...hyderabad.html

Based on my experience, checking once every 3-4 months should be good enough for nitrogen. Even with that interval, the pressure dropped only by 1-2psi in my case. So there is no need to go to a fuel station just because of the nitrogen factor.
Old 10th December 2012, 16:30   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
AP civil supplies pump besides secretariat complex - supposed to be pure and good quantity wise. (cross checked.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Guys,

Any suggestions for me at Miyapur X Roads or Kondapur area?
I have been filling Diesel from the IOC Pump on the left coming from Hafizpet to Miyapur. This is also run by AP Civil Supplies. No problems so far for me in terms of quality. Occasionally their credit card machine don't work.
rknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 17:40   #81
gemi_kk

Thanks for those good ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
Shivam PP IOC - Begumpet (Opp Pantaloons): Complained once for filling petrol without resetting the earlier meter. He filled 8 litres in my Honda Activa when there was at least couple of litres of petrol already in the tank
I think, you should have shouted on the manager. How could one fill 8L petrol in a moped, which has hardly 5.5L capacity? Is he a Rajnikant to flaw the laws of physics and fill petrol?

Old 10th December 2012, 20:09   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Thanks for those good ones.

I think, you should have shouted on the manager. How could one fill 8L petrol in a moped, which has hardly 5.5L capacity? Is he a Rajnikant to flaw the laws of physics and fill petrol?

I'd noticed the attendants distracting people with Coupons in both Shivam Outlets hence I stopped going there.
Old 22nd February 2014, 23:14   #83
BHPian

Pumps to avoid:

The BP pump at Neredmet X Roads - the classic case of filling fuel without setting Zero. I got conned but I had no proof and I left.

The Indian Oil petrol pump (CoCo) at Begumpet Airport flyover - you tell him "200" and he'll fill Rs50 and fills the rest when you ask him why he stopped. Happened twice so I'm now avoiding it.
hellmet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 14:20   #84
BHPian

Shell petrol pump too found installing fraudulent machines-

http://www.newindianexpress.com/citi...e#.UxBMdvmSxRx
huntrz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 21:33   #85
BHPian

I used to go to Sudhaar Filling Station (IOC), Chanchalguda. It is run by jail inmates and I never had any problems with the quantity and quality of the fuel. Attendants are usually honest.

Ever since I took a Citibank Indian Oil card, I've been visiting Full Moon Service Station (IOC), Somajiguda. I get good mileage here too.

Others which are known to be good:
  • Mohsin Motor Needs (BPCL), Erramanzil
  • BPCL near Huda complex (PVT Market), Kothapet
  • BPCL, Bowenpally (while going towards Balanagar)
  • HPCL near Blood Bank, Kachiguda
  • BPCL opposite Saroornagar Indoor Stadium
Old 3rd June 2014, 00:37   #86
BHPian

I have been using the following petrol pumps and have found the service, Quality (Engine is smooth) and Quantity (Good FE) at the following petrol pumps

1. IOC near Rd. No 45 Jubilee Hills (next to actor Balakrishna's house)
2. BP near the Jubilee Hills Checkpost
3. HP Petrol Pump on the Tolichowki - Gachibowli Road (This is the one to your right and beside the lane that connects Film Nagar to the Old Mumbai highway)

Have a couple of queries:
1. What is the feedback on the IOC Madhapur Petrol Pump?
2. Are there any Shell petrol pumps still operating? If yes, are they reliable?
f1dotcom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 19:02   #87
BHPian

I had few bad experiences with

1) Vamshi Fuel Point (Langar House) - The Large petrol pump on the right hand side if you are going towards Gandipet (Osman Sagar Road) just as you are about to enter the military area.
2) Shivam Petrol Pump (Begumpet) - On the left hand side just after passing HPS.

Attendants at both the above mentioned bunks use the diversionary tactics to short change fuel . Dad caught the workers red handed @ Vamshi Fuel Point as they tried this tactic once too many and had their ears bashed .

Now I avoid both these pumps like plague

on the brighter side have had no issues and amazing consistency at

1) Jubilee Hills Checkpost Pump.
2) Mohsin @ Erramanzil

Both come highly recommended.
Old 19th July 2014, 08:32   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickzkool View Post
I had few bad experiences with

1) Vamshi Fuel Point (Langar House) - The Large petrol pump on the right hand side if you are going towards Gandipet (Osman Sagar Road) just as you are about to enter the military area.
2) Shivam Petrol Pump (Begumpet) - On the left hand side just after passing HPS.

Attendants at both the above mentioned bunks use the diversionary tactics to short change fuel . Dad caught the workers red handed @ Vamshi Fuel Point as they tried this tactic once too many and had their ears bashed .
Had the same experience with Vamshi Fuel point 2-3 years back and I had given them a decent dose. Looks like they'll never change. Better avoid unless there are no alternatives. However, the fuel quality was good from my experience.

Had a bad experience recently with the pump in Hitech City next to Lemontree. They didn't put back the fuel filler cap and just closed the lid

Luckily the cap was still sitting on top of the car when I parked in the Ohri's/Paradise food court parking.

Last edited by zenren : 19th July 2014 at 08:33.
Old 5th October 2014, 19:36   #89
BHPian

Looks like shell in somajiguda is closing so diesel at rs 62. This is till stock last.
Rodeo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 09:01   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
Looks like shell in somajiguda is closing so diesel at rs 62. This is till stock last.
The price yesterday was Rs 62.30. There is no stock of petrol however. When I asked the attendant, he confirmed that they were closing shop, and were waiting for their diesel stock to be depleted. As of yesterday afternoon they had around 2000 liters of stock.

He told me that all Shell bunks in Hyderabad were closing, which is surprising, because the latest news speaks of private operators returning.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed