Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2014, 15:02   #91
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps- Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The price yesterday was Rs 62.30. When I asked the attendant, he confirmed that they were closing shop, and were waiting for their diesel stock to be depleted. As of yesterday afternoon they had around 2000 liters of stock.
And I would not fuel up at this Shell bunk at all despite their price being 2/- lower than market as they are now pumping the diesel from the bottom of their holding tank which would certainly mean some kachra (debris) also getting pumped into my vehicle's fuel tank.
Old 9th October 2014, 23:24   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
...they are now pumping the diesel from the bottom of their holding tank which would certainly mean some kachra (debris) also getting pumped into my vehicle's fuel tank.
How many of us think about that? I heard that the fuel station has already been shut down since yesterday. Shell and Reliance have not survived in the market because of the price difference from other operators.
Old 20th October 2014, 10:06   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And I would not fuel up at this Shell bunk at all despite their price being 2/- lower than market as they are now pumping the diesel from the bottom of their holding tank which would certainly mean some kachra (debris) also getting pumped into my vehicle's fuel tank.
Well, I tanked up at Shell a day before my prior post, and it looks like Shell has given me a parting gift: I'm seeing the highest DTE readings so far in city driving conditions. I've got an increase of 100 kms, so therefore I am more than happy that I refilled there, but sad that they closed down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
How many of us think about that? I heard that the fuel station has already been shut down since yesterday. Shell and Reliance have not survived in the market because of the price difference from other operators.
With yesterday's price cut, the TOI says private bunks may re-open soon.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 12:36   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
With yesterday's price cut, the TOI says private bunks may re-open soon.
With diesel de-regulated, there is a high chance that this might be an opportunity for the private players to get back in the game.

All they need to ensure now is that they are going to provide the regular fuel in addition to the premium/branded version to ensure people don't label them as costlier than the ordinary bunks even after de-regulation. That is the only way to attract a critical mass to survive, since most people are not really keen on spending on the premium fuel due to the lack of these outlets in long drives forcing them to visit regular pumps too occasionally.
Old 27th November 2014, 15:38   #95
BHPian

Any reviews on the Essar petrol bunk on Infosys - ISB road at the Continental Hospitals junction? Is it good?
Old 1st December 2014, 21:14   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
Any reviews on the Essar petrol bunk on Infosys - ISB road at the Continental Hospitals junction? Is it good?
Its been a while since I visited there but the general experience was that the fuel quality is good and the cost is around 1 rupee higher than IOC rates per liter. That is always my last resort when no other pump is reliable in terms of quality.

I'm currently sticking to COCO pump in Hitec City.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 22:26   #97
BHPian

Praneeth Service station - IOCL outlet in Barkatpura is a good one .

It is located on the Barkatpura-Fever Hospital [ Koranti] road . When one takes left on the Barkathpura junction to proceed towards OU or Fever hospital, it is on the left side after a distance of 150-200 m . and there is good chance that it might be missed because it is camouflaged by trees .

Having tried it from a year or so, I never faced any irritating moments and the quantity and quality also seemed fine and I use this since I have a CITI Indian oil Card.

They always ensure that I check the 'zero' before they start filling in .
Old 9th February 2015, 22:42   #98
BANNED

Not sure if any BHPians use the route I take but looking at the topic I have 3-4 pumps that I trust for quality and quantity.

1) BP pump at Bowenpally 'X' Roads on the left after some furniture shop. This pump is found when approaching the X roads from both Medchal side or Tadbund side moving towards Balanagar.

2) Indian Oil pump at Tadbund junction opposite the Begumpet runway.

3) Indian Oil (COCO) pump on the Kompally stretch just after Big Bazaar (Newly opened).

4) Indian Oil - Goel Brothers on the Medchal highway just before the Left turn for ORR (Medchal junction Exit 6).

I have been using Pump 4 around 80% of the time. I stick to the same fuel dispensing unit and the dispensing nozzle.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 16:24   #99
BHPian

Beware of the HP pump at Gachibowli Y Junction. They have a scam going on of "Meter stopped". If you don't notice, they'll fill less or start with non-zero meter.
jetti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 17:26   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Beware of the HP pump at Gachibowli Y Junction.
Where is Gachibowli Y Junction?
Old 13th February 2015, 17:38   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, it used to be a Y Junction earlier, now the ORR meets Old Bombay Highway and there is a Flyover. This is the point in Google maps:
Gachibowli Y Junction There is a petrol pump just under the flyover towards the Toli-Chowki direction.
Old 13th February 2015, 19:00   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think he is referring to the HP bunk beside Dhaba 13.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 14:21   #103
BHPian

A lot of guys have mentioned the petrol pump next to Pride Honda near Hitech City. However, I could not find any petrol pump next to Pride Honda when i checked a few days back. Did they shut it down or was I looking at the wrong place?
Old 21st February 2015, 09:18   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparsh View Post
Mohan Auto Service(IOC bunk) opposite to Andhra Mahila Sabha hospital in vidyanagar is a great bunk. I have been filling my scooter and car for the last 18 years. The quality and quantity are assured and it shows in the mileage which is always constant.
An update, a bit late though !!

Mohan Auto service has been closed and from what I heard, their lease period got over and the land owner didn't extend it !

Pretty bad, considering the bunk was particularly honest at catering the needs of public !
Old 23rd March 2015, 23:49   #105
BHPian

Anyone filled at the state civil supplies department pump after Hafeezpet towards Miyapur?

Most Viewed