Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2018, 13:22   #526
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: How to sell a *USED* car in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Submit a full set of paperwork to the RTO as soon as you can.
Thanks hserus. I received the NOC letter from Financier on hypothecation removal along with form 35 with signature and seal from them.

I had handed over the NOC letter and Form 35 and got acknowledgement from the buyer.

With all the papers in hand, I had sent all of them (listed as below) by registered acknowledgement due and also received confirmation via the ack due card from RTO.

Documents attached with a covering letter is as follows.
  1. Form No.28 (Copy).
  2. Form No.29 (Copy).
  3. Form No.30 (Copy).
  4. Delivery note (Original).
  5. Govt. issued photo id of the buyer (Copy).
    [5a]Driving License of buyer
    [5b]Aadhar Card copy of buyer
  6. Registration, RTO tax papers of the car (Copy).
  7. Finance company NOC (Copy).
    [7a]Covering letter from Financier for deletion of Company Name on Car Registration Certificate.
    [7b]Form 35 duly signed and sealed from Financier

I had also kept a copy of all these documents plus scanned and kept a soft copy.
Old 11th February 2018, 07:36   #527
BHPian

Re: July 2016: NGT tells Delhi to deregister all Diesel Vehicles over 10 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Guys. I need urgent advice.
I have a 14 year old Non-CRDE Scorpio in Perfect Condition with no expenses at all.
My mechanics have found a buyer in one of the listed districts of UP to buy the car.
The price is 1.25 lacs to me and .20 lacs to the Mechanics.
The buyer takes care of the expenses of NOC and Transfer.
I wanted that that I give physical possession of the Car only when it is transferred.
The buyer says that he will give me an Advance and apply for the NOC in his name, and it will come to my address. The car will remain with me till the NOC Comes.
Once the NOC Comes he will take all the papers with his name and Address and the date of sale mentioned in it.
I will take the letter of handing over possession of the car, get the payment and they will take the car. They need to take the car there to get it transferred.
Is it safe to sell it in this way ?
Urgent advise needed.
The update about the sale of my 14 year old Scorpio to a district in UP. The seller had given me an advance of Rs 25000 and taken all documents (form 28) and submitted these for the NOC at the Transport Authority about 15 days ago.
He called me yesterday that through an agent they will get the NOC in a day or two, and will come and take the Car after paying the balance amount.
I have noted down the list of documents I will retain. I will send a copy of these to both the authorities through Registered post.
I understand that when the Transport authority in Delhi issues a NOC the vehicle is De-registered from here. Is that true.
In addition of the delivery note I want to take an Affidavit of Indemnity from the seller at the time of handing over the car. Does anybody have a format of this ? It will be really helpful.

Thanks
Styler
Old 19th February 2018, 05:23   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Any interstate transfer at all is tough and required re registration and payment of life tax. You had better find a UP address proof and re register.

You won’t even need an agent for that. Straightforward process.
Thanks! So now I need to transfer insurance.
For the old car, it expires on the 24th of Feb. 35% NCB.
For the 'new' car, I renewed it in the owner's name with a 50% NCB on the 10th of Feb, or so.

What would be the process to go about this?
From what I've dug up on the net, I need an NCB certificate... do advise - thanks much!
Old 19th February 2018, 06:05   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
From what I've dug up on the net, I need an NCB certificate... do advise - thanks much!
Take your old car’s transfer paperwork and insurance to the insurance company or agent that you used, they will take care of it.
Old 28th February 2018, 12:44   #530
BHPian

Dear BHPians, I am going to sell my car, Renault Kwid after 2 years of use. I have a few noob questions regarding sale of my car, I hope you would be able to help
  1. Do I have to type Delivery Note on Plain Paper or Non Judicial Stamp Paper?
  2. Do I have to print the Forms 29, Form 30 on legal or A4 size paper?
  3. Do I have to print the TCA Form on Plain Paper or Non Judicial Stamp Paper?
  4. Do I need Form 28 as well? The Buyer is from same state but different city.
  5. Is it okay to give the car to buyer after signing just sale deed, transferring insurance and receiving money only?
  6. Do I need to physically present all my documents to DTO (District Transport Office) or should I send them by post?
  7. I am afraid that if any accident might happen to buyer and I only have the sale deed with me, will I be held liable?

Thanking you all for giving me your valuable time. Cheers
Old 28th February 2018, 16:44   #531
Senior - BHPian

All notes can be typed on plain paper. The sale receipt / delivery note need a pink revenue stamp attached, need not be on stamp paper.

You have fillable PDF versions of all these forms at https://finotax.com/form/rto/

TCA not needed these days as RC book and Tax Token are one and the same thing, and life time tax is being paid. If you paid tax for a maximum of 5 years as possible in some states use the TCA form.

Transfer within the same state should not need a NOC

Send a copy of all the documents to your local RTO by registered post acknowledgement due along with a covering letter mentioning the transaction details, buyer's particular, and a copy of the buyer's ID proof, your ID proof. That should be enough. But if you can hand it in and physically get an acknowledgement from them, there is nothing like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
  1. Do I have to type Delivery Note on Plain Paper or Non Judicial Stamp Paper?
  2. Do I have to print the Forms 29, Form 30 on legal or A4 size paper?
  3. Do I have to print the TCA Form on Plain Paper or Non Judicial Stamp Paper?
  4. Do I need Form 28 as well? The Buyer is from same state but different city.
  5. Is it okay to give the car to buyer after signing just sale deed, transferring insurance and receiving money only?
  6. Do I need to physically present all my documents to DTO (District Transport Office) or should I send them by post?
  7. I am afraid that if any accident might happen to buyer and I only have the sale deed with me, will I be held liable?

Thanking you all for giving me your valuable time. Cheers
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 17:03   #532
BHPian

Quote:
All notes can be typed on plain paper. The sale receipt / delivery note need a pink revenue stamp attached, need not be on stamp paper....
Thanks a ton for clearing away my doubts. I appreciate it a lot

About Transfer, I think I'll go to the office and submit directly. Also, if you wouldn't mind checking the terms and conditions I am planning to list in my sale deed?

1. That, the 1st party has devided to sell the said vehicle in consideration of an amount of Rs. XXX/- (Rupees XXX Lakhs) only.

2. That, the 2nd party has paid the aforesaid sum of Rs.XXX/- (Rupees XXX) only to the 1st party and the 1st party has handed over the said vehicle to the 2nd party along with all relevant documents in presence of attesting witnesses below.

3. That, from to-day henceforth the 2nd party becomes the full and absolute owner of the aforesaid vehicle and shall transfer the registration of the same to his own name within 14 days from date of sale of this vehicle.

4. That, the 2nd party shall intimate and furnish copies of updated documents to the 1st party after the completion of transfer of ownership at DTO.

5. That, the vehicle is free from all claims, disputes and encumbrances.

6. That, the 2nd party is liable from to-day in case of any legal suits that may arise against the said vehicle.

7. That, there is no any objection regarding sale, transfer of the aforesaid vehicle from the 1st party.

8. That, in case of breach of any terms and conditions stipulated therein in this SALE DEED, both parties would have full liberty to apply for legal justice.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF both the parties being voluntarily agreed on the terms and conditions of this deed, put their respective hands hereunto on this day, month and year first written above.

Thank you once again
Old 28th February 2018, 18:42   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Transfer within the same state should not need a NOC
I think this differs from State to State.
In my case at least, the transfer was within the state but different RTO. I was asked to get a NOC from my RTO and the buyer was asked to submit the NOC while registering. Even I was not aware of that, but when the buyer went to submit the documents for registration, he was asked for the NOC.
I had to take a day off from work to get the NOC done
Old 28th February 2018, 18:46   #534
Senior - BHPian

You will not need a formal sale deed at all. The existing RTO paperwork should be more than enough and the delivery note + sale receipt carries enough disclaimer of liability.

Sample here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...ivery-note.pdf
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 14:28   #535
BHPian

My daughter had bought a car while she was at Chennai, which is now at Ahmedabad since she stays with us now. It is a TN registered car. She wants to sell the car here at A'Bad and the buyer lives in A'Bad and wants to use it in A'Bad. So should the process be:
1. Write to Chennai RTO by Regd post, enclosing form 29.
- This would transfer the car from her name to that of the buyers (even though he does not live in Chennai?)
or
2. Write to Chennai RTO for NOC to transfer vehicle to A'Bad? Then intimate A'Bad RTO about sale of vehicle vide form 29?

Could some one kindly explain? What is the difference between Form 29 and Form 30?
Old 19th March 2018, 14:30   #536
Senior - BHPian

All the forms can be sorted out. The one thing is that the buyer will need to pay road tax (lifetime tax) afresh when he buys the car in Ahmedabad.

And then you need to get your tax paid refunded from the relevant Chennai RTO

It will take months.

My suggestion is that you take the car back to Chennai in a while and sell it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
My daughter had bought a car while she was at Chennai, which is now at Ahmedabad since she stays with us now. It is a TN registered car. She wants to sell the car here at A'Bad and the buyer lives in A'Bad and wants to use it in A'Bad. So should the process be:
1. Write to Chennai RTO by Regd post, enclosing form 29.
- This would transfer the car from her name to that of the buyers (even though he does not live in Chennai?)
or
2. Write to Chennai RTO for NOC to transfer vehicle to A'Bad? Then intimate A'Bad RTO about sale of vehicle vide form 29?

Could some one kindly explain? What is the difference between Form 29 and Form 30?
Old 19th March 2018, 15:23   #537
BHPian

Quote:

My suggestion is that you take the car back to Chennai in a while and sell it there.
That was our original plan, but does not seem to be working out. So, we have now a buyer who is ready to buy a TN registered vehicle at a decent price and do the hassles of registration transfer (to Gujarat) himself. I would like my daughters interests ( and avoid liabilities) to be protected and hence the query.
Old 19th March 2018, 15:36   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
That was our original plan, but does not seem to be working out. So, we have now a buyer who is ready to buy a TN registered vehicle at a decent price and do the hassles of registration transfer (to Gujarat) himself. I would like my daughters interests ( and avoid liabilities) to be protected and hence the query.
Do make sure he is a direct buyer and not a dealer or agent. And once you hand it over, send a copy of the sale paperwork to the relevant TN RTO by regd post acknowledgement due, keep the acknowledgement for your reference.

Form 28 is the NOC which you will have to obtain from Tamil Nadu, by getting a police clearance certificate + submitting that and the car's insurance / RC etc to the relevant RTO.

The rest of the documents are as described here. Scroll down to the link that says Registration of Vehicle brought from the other state

http://rtogujarat.gov.in/process_registration.php#link2

That + a DD or online payment for the road tax.
Old 19th March 2018, 16:08   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Do make sure he is a direct buyer and not a dealer or agent. And once you hand it over, send a copy of the sale paperwork to the relevant TN RTO by regd post acknowledgement due, keep the acknowledgement for your reference.
That is the requisite documents plus form 29? Or 30?

Quote:
Form 28 is the NOC which you will have to obtain from Tamil Nadu, by getting a police clearance certificate + submitting that and the car's insurance / RC etc to the relevant RTO.
But if she has sold the car, and informed Chennai RTO about the sale, and if the buyer says he would organise the transfer himself, then my daughter does not have to submit form 28 to Chennai RTO. right?

Quote:
The rest of the documents are as described here. Scroll down to the link that says Registration of Vehicle brought from the other state

http://rtogujarat.gov.in/process_registration.php#link2

That + a DD or online payment for the road tax.
Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 16:36   #540
Senior - BHPian

Only the car owner can get the NOC. You can't transfer registration without the NOC. Now do the math.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks