Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2016, 09:41   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
I am posting after a very long time. I might be moving abroad for a longish spell and need to get rid of my two rides. Possibly to good owners. The problem is that one of them is a Fiat Petra, 1.6, 2004 model. I don't know if I will get a buyer for that. In which case I might have to junk the car, sad though it may be. Does anyone know of the procedure?

Why don't you inquire the junk value of the car and use that amount to sell it on teambhp classified or other used car portals? Or, if you want your car to live a little longer, here is something that will inspire you: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post4017162
Old 21st August 2016, 14:07   #392
Senior - BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: How to sell a *USED* car in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Why don't you inquire the junk value of the car and use that amount to sell it on teambhp classified or other used car portals? Or, if you want your car to live a little longer, here is something that will inspire you: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post4017162
Thank you for your response. Let me think this through. Junking the car is one of the possibilities though the least favoured as this was my first purchase. :(
Old 5th September 2016, 11:41   #393
BHPian

I recently sold a car and had this horrible experience with the transport company which was to ship my car from Delhi to Bangalore. Posting the link here for prospective sellers & buyers to be very careful of...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...s-gurgaon.html
Old 19th September 2016, 17:31   #394
BHPian

I'm a little confused. Is the form 28 NOC related process from RTO A to RTO B within the same city totally independent from the rest of the transfer process using form 29 and 30? I mean, does this require 2 visits to the RTO?

- If yes, once I take the NOC from RTO A and notify that I'm selling the car to so-n-so from RTO B, does the submission of form 29, 30 and the rest of the documents happen at RTO B?
- If no, can all the documents be submitted at once? At which RTO?
- Which of the transferor/transferee need to be at which process?

Old 19th September 2016, 17:38   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
I'm a little confused. Is the form 28 NOC related process from RTO A to RTO B within the same city totally independent from the rest of the transfer process using form 29 and 30? I mean, does this require 2 visits to the RTO?
Within the same city is straightforward and in many cities you can re-register it to your name at the same RTO as the original registration, without any issues.
Old 19th September 2016, 17:42   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Within the same city is straightforward and in many cities you can re-register it to your name at the same RTO as the original registration, without any issues.
Thanks for the reply but I don't understand. This process is to sell the car to someone else whose address falls under the jurisdiction of anther RTO in Hyderabad and mine is another RTO. I believe the form 28 is exactly for that, to inform the RTO about the ownership change as well as the RTO change but nowhere I checked mentions if it is a one time process or needs two visits.
Old 19th September 2016, 18:26   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply but I don't understand. This process is to sell the car to someone else whose address falls under the jurisdiction of anther RTO in Hyderabad and mine is another RTO. I believe the form 28 is exactly for that, to inform the RTO about the ownership change as well as the RTO change but nowhere I checked mentions if it is a one time process or needs two visits.
Form 28 is needed of course to inform the RTO but you can submit it to the same RTO where you reside - you don't need to get a NOC to your seller's RTO location and process the rest of the transaction there.

Give him a filled in set of form 28, 29 and 30 with your signature once you collect the amount (or leave some amount till the transfer of ownership is submitted / the clerk accepts it).

As the license plate number does not change - the inter RTO procedure is for re-registration (eg: out of state transfers). You can typically get it done within the same RTO.
Old 22nd September 2016, 17:28   #398
BHPian

I have a similar question. I'm selling my motorcycle (registered at Panchkula RTO) to a buyer who's based at Noida RTO. What all forms do I need? Will I first have to take an NOC from RTO1 for RTO2 in my name and then transfer registration?

Or can I inform RTO 1 of the sale and then submit transfer documents at RTO 2 directly? What documents are needed where?
Old 22nd September 2016, 17:35   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
I have a similar question. I'm selling my motorcycle (registered at Panchkula RTO) to a buyer who's based at Noida RTO. What all forms do I need? Will I first have to take an NOC from RTO1 for RTO2 in my name and then transfer registration? Or can I inform RTO 1 of the sale and then submit transfer documents at RTO 2 directly? What documents are needed where?
Give the guy a set of blank + signed transfer documents (form 28 / 29 / 30, receipt of sale, letter to transfer insurance, RC, insurance copy, your ID proof), along with the keys, service manual etc of the vehicle.

He can pay an RTO broker to work the rest of the procedure out.

Do remember to follow up with him to get a xerox of the new RC (showing the transfer) for your records.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 17:38   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Give the guy a set of blank + signed transfer documents (form 28 / 29 / 30, receipt of sale, letter to transfer insurance, RC, insurance copy, your ID proof), along with the keys, service manual etc of the vehicle.

He can pay an RTO broker to work the rest of the procedure out.

Do remember to follow up with him to get a xerox of the new RC (showing the transfer) for your records.
So I don't need to do get anything done at the original RTO?
Old 22nd September 2016, 17:46   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So I don't need to do get anything done at the original RTO?
The entire action item is quite legitimately on the buyer of the vehicle (or rather, his broker).

At least that is what is customary here in Chennai.

I am not sure if this remains a within NCT transfer or whether Noida gets a UP registration number in which case the transfer process is much more complex.

If it is an inter state transfer you are best off NOT going through with the sale as RC transfer is going to take a ridiculously long time.

edit - looks like NOIDA does get UP registration .. this will be a huge pillar to post job if you decide to sell, you will need to get an NOC from your local RTO to hand to the buyer. Unless it is imperative to sell out of state for example a 10 year old car - try to find a local DL buyer.

Last edited by hserus : 22nd September 2016 at 17:48.
Old 22nd September 2016, 18:56   #402
BHPian

Quote:
The entire action item is quite legitimately on the buyer of the vehicle (or rather, his broker).

At least that is what is customary here in Chennai.

I am not sure if this remains a within NCT transfer or whether Noida gets a UP registration number in which case the transfer process is much more complex.

If it is an inter state transfer you are best off NOT going through with the sale as RC transfer is going to take a ridiculously long time.

edit - looks like NOIDA does get UP registration .. this will be a huge pillar to post job if you decide to sell, you will need to get an NOC from your local RTO to hand to the buyer. Unless it is imperative to sell out of state for example a 10 year old car - try to find a local DL buyer.
Yes, both RTOs are in different states so I guess I will have to take an NOC. I know the easier process would've been to sell in the same RTO but I've almost made up my mind to sell and have taken a token also. I think now I'll have to find an agent in my RTO to get me an NOC, is that right?
Old 22nd September 2016, 19:18   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, both RTOs are in different states so I guess I will have to take an NOC. I know the easier process would've been to sell in the same RTO but I've almost made up my mind to sell and have taken a token also. I think now I'll have to find an agent in my RTO to get me an NOC, is that right?
Read this thread. Complicated procedure (take your vehicle for a police certificate to document that there are no theft, accident etc cases against it, and then take that along with other documentation to the RTO for a NOC.

Then the buyer has to pay life tax afresh on the vehicle to register it in his home state. Which is a disgustingly long process.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4048379

This is a detailed note of the procedure in karnataka - similar in delhi as well, and you have to do the first part yourself (that is, the police won't issue a certificate to an agent, you as the owner have to personally visit the commissioner's office or other concerned location in your city - enquire at the nearest police station)
Old 22nd September 2016, 19:28   #404
BHPian

As a general question, what is the right time to handover the car? After the papers have been signed, copies distributed to both parties and submitted in the RTO? Or after the registration has been fully transferred? My buyer insists to handover the car once the papers are with the RTO since they will have been signed and verified by them.
Old 22nd September 2016, 19:42   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As a general question, what is the right time to handover the car? After the papers have been signed, copies distributed to both parties and submitted in the RTO? Or after the registration has been fully transferred? My buyer insists to handover the car once the papers are with the RTO since they will have been signed and verified by them.
You can verbally confirm with the RTO clerk that the papers are ok and hand over the money. It should be fine.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed