Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2019, 12:48   #571
BHPian

Advice Needed: dealerships in NCR

Hi everyone,

I recently booked a Renault Captur giving my 2014 Ford Figo in exchange for a value of 2 lakh(including exchange bonus of 30k). When the dealership called me after 2 weeks saying my required model and make wasn't available in the plant, I cancelled the booking (I suspected that the dealership is running low on cash).

I took back my Figo, and went to the Nissan Dealership next to the Renault one to book a Kicks (fully refundable amount). They promised me that they would do an appropriate valuation of the Figo the next day.

Next day, their used car head took me to my Figo and listed a lot of superficial issues with the car. Finally, he said that my Figo is the base model (his confidence got me doubting knowledge) and valued the car at 1.20 lakh, saying that it is accidental too.

I downloaded a What Car magazine version of Dec 2014 when the Figo was purchased and showed him that my car indeed is the mid variant. I've also valued my cars from other parties and no one has said that it's accidental.

Here's what I feel is going on. The first time I went to the showroom, I drove my Nissan Micra. They know I am already driving a Nissan and that Figo is my second car, which makes it disposable to me and I wouldn't mind a deficit of 50000 if I'm purchasing a car worth 14 lakh.

I proceeded to start the cancellation procedure, and now the dealer has requested me to wait for few more days as he'll get the car valued by others. I feel they don't want a cancellation in their books even before a car is launched.

Even if I sell the Figo in the market, I somehow do not want to stay with this dealer. I can simply proceed to buy it from a different dealer in the city.

OBV for second owner is about 2.30-2.50 lakh

What is your suggestion?

Last edited by sdaityari : 7th January 2019 at 12:54. Reason: Added orange book value of used car
Old 7th January 2019, 13:03   #572
Team-BHP Support

Re: Advice Needed: dealerships in NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaityari View Post
Even if I sell the Figo in the market, I somehow do not want to stay with this dealer. I can simply proceed to buy it from a different dealer in the city.
There you have it.

The dealer is making up excuses (lowest variant, accidental) just to low-ball you. When you have options, you have no reason to put up with this. That being said, you can't expect others to not do it. A higher price on the exchange car eats into their margin so naturally they want to give the lowest resale.

Just take your business to someone who values you as a customer.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2019, 13:16   #573
BHPian

Re: Advice Needed: dealerships in NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
That being said, you can't expect others to not do it. A higher price on the exchange car eats into their margin so naturally they want to give the lowest resale.

Just take your business to someone who values you as a customer.
My dad says that if I want to go ahead with the Kicks, I should not drive a Nissan into a Nissan showroom, and I should make it clear that my decision depends on my Figo getting a fair value.

Last edited by sdaityari : 7th January 2019 at 13:35.
Old 17th February 2019, 18:47   #574
Senior - BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: How to sell a *USED* car in India

Visited RTO to submit the papers as a seller so that I can get their acknowledgement. Met one agent, another person standing by for something and also inquired at one of the counters manned by someone knowledgeable.

From all of them it appears:
1. As a seller, I do not actually need to intimate RTO.
2. An online payment of fees needs to be done, the fee receipt needs to be submitted along with documents to RTO.
3. The passerby mentioned about sale deed.

So, I came back and now waiting for the buyer to actually submit the documents to the RTO (Pune).

The RTO personnel suggested to have a look at the documents needed (attached).

ARTICLE: How to sell a *USED* car in India-whatsapp-image-20190217-18.38.33.jpeg

It seems it is seller responsibility to do online payment of fees.
Old 17th February 2019, 19:08   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Visited RTO to submit the papers as a seller so that I can get their acknowledgement. Met one agent, another person standing by for something and also inquired at one of the counters manned by someone knowledgeable.

From all of them it appears:
1. As a seller, I do not actually need to intimate RTO.
The seller can do the online fee payment in order to generate the Form 29 online itself. Or the buyer can enter the details and his own mobile number for the OTP, and pay it himself. Once the form 29 etc have been generated they need to be signed and a chassis print of the car affixed.

Also - AS A SELLER YOU DEFINITELY NEED TO INTIMATE THE RTO. Left in all caps for emphasis. There is a Form TCR that you need to send to the RTO you registered the car at, with a xerox of the sale paperwork.

This is so that if the buyer has not registered the car yet, and hits someone or causes property damage in an accident, you are still the registered owner and even if you show proof of having sold the car, it is still in your name and you are liable for it, till such time as you inform the RTO that the car has been sold to (xyz, s/o abc, address) as of (date) (time) and that you are not responsible for it any longer. That is the basic content of Form TCR.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...y-mishaps.html (Supreme Court: Change records after car sale or pay for mishaps)
Old 10th April 2019, 12:20   #576
BHPian

I had sold a 1999 Honda City whose FC will expire today to a buyer who has not yet initiated any steps to transfer the vehicle. This vehicle currently has no insurance. I have sent the copies of the below listed documents to my RTO yesterday, and awaiting for the acknowledgement.
1. Form No.28
2. Form No.29
3. Form No.30
4. Delivery note
5. Govt. issued photo id of the buyer(photo is not clear, but the text is all clear)
6. Registration card
7. Cover Letter

The buyer is not from the same RTO as the car is currently registered(i.e. Bangalore Central), and the RTO he has mentioned in Form 29 is Bangalore East, whereas his license copy which I have submitted as a Govt. issued photo id of the buyer states KR Puram, Bangalore.
1) Should I send this set of documents which I have already send to the RTO to which the car is registered to Bangalore East and KR Puram, Bangalore.
2) What are the other measures which I can take to ensure that I'm safe, because the buyer is not answering my phone now.
3) What usually should be done to a vehicle whose FC expires, and if it is not retested?

Thanks in advance.
micraft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 14:26   #577
Senior - BHPian

Just send a copy of those documents to both the RTOs with registered post or speedpost ACKNOWLEDGEMENT DUE.

Keep a copy of the acknowledgement card that you will get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micraft View Post
I had sold a 1999 Honda City whose FC will expire today to a buyer who has not yet initiated any steps to transfer the vehicle. This vehicle currently has no insurance. I have sent the copies of the below listed documents to my RTO yesterday, and awaiting for the acknowledgement.
1. Form No.28
2. Form No.29
3. Form No.30
4. Delivery note
5. Govt. issued photo id of the buyer(photo is not clear, but the text is all clear)
6. Registration card
7. Cover Letter
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 00:43   #578
BHPian

Team, I have a company leased car and am selling the same. Found a buyer who would be transferring the Foreclosure amount to my Organisation by RTGS. He wants the car to be given to him the same day.

What are the documents I need to get signed from him? Note that once the amount is paid to my Organisation, it takes 7 days for them to issue NOC.The RTO process i believe will start only post this So is it safe to hand over the vehicle without getting the NOC?Also the seller in this case would be my company is it not?

Please advise asap as the transfer is to happen this Monday. I too want to close this at the earliest as I'm travelling in a week.
Old 30th April 2019, 11:09   #579
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
[b][u][center]

• Do NOT let the potential buyer go for a test-drive alone. They should always be accompanied by yourself or your representative (friend, driver etc.). .
Another tip:

Keep the duplicate key + remote in your pocket. If the potential buyer drives aggressively and you need to stop car safely, you have control

Also, if he tries to do a runner with the car when changing drivers or examining car, blip the remote. You have a 5 sec advantage to get to the driver seat and take control before he realises what happened!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 15:50   #580
Senior - BHPian

Help:

My current address is different from the one in car registration (RC). Both are within the same city (both rented house). Which one should I fill in form 29 and 30, the one in RC?
Old 15th May 2019, 16:47   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Which one should I fill in form 29 and 30, the one in RC?
Please fill one mentioned in RC to keep it same as RTO records. New owner should mention correct address in order to receive updated RC, old owner address doesn't matter much for ownership transfer.
By now, you might have already filled address, this might be late reply for you.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 22:51   #582
RWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Keep the duplicate key + remote in your pocket. If the potential buyer drives aggressively and you need to stop car safely, you have control

Also, if he tries to do a runner with the car when changing drivers or examining car, blip the remote. You have a 5 sec advantage to get to the driver seat and take control before he realises what happened!
I read your post thrice, but still, did not quite understand it. Could you elaborate, please? How will the duplicate key in my pocket help safely stop the car, while a potential buyer is driving aggressively, and already ignoring my shrill shrieks and pleas to stop? I am sure there is a valuable piece of advice hidden in your words, but my 8-bit brain is unable to process it. Thanks!

In other news, ladies and gents, I sold my 120 thousand kms run '13 Swift Zdi via Cars24 about 3 months back. To compensate for my rapidly greying hair, and even more rapidly widening waistline, I started day-dreaming of a new Swift (P) in flash red colour with free flow exhaust, led headlamps, black roof, and 195 section S-drives, in exchange for my practical Swift (D) which was growing old and rickety, and was reminding me more and more of my own self with each passing day. But, time was a constraint, and I continued dreaming without much action for over a year. Any feeble attempt on my part was quickly dismissed by the lowballing dealers who quoted random numbers between 2.25L to 3.40L for my car. I slowly started making peace with myself, until one rare lazy Sunday afternoon, when I casually strolled into the nearest Cars24 office, with the intention of checking them out, and lo and behold, by evening, I'm sitting in a rickety auto rickshaw driven be a maniac, on my way home, with emotions ranging from frequently screaming in terror, to calmly gleaming at my achievement, having sold the car there and then, for more money than what was being offered a year and 25K Kms ago. I was now one step closer to that flash red Swift with loud exhaust, ready to make an embarrassing mockery of my sorry self in the neighbourhood. So, that's midlife crisis sorted right there, or so I thought.

Loved the smooth transaction, and instant money transfer via RTGS to the bank account. But, most importantly the paperwork was immediate, which is a major concern while selling via a used car dealer. They sign this liability document which states that Cars24 is taking possession of the vehicle, and is solely responsible for all legal liabilities thereon. Not sure, if it is actually worth anything, or just a placebo for customer's peace of mind.

All in all, a quick and pleasant experience, especially for someone who does not have the luxury of time to deal with multiple private buyers. As for that gleaming new red Swift with loud bassy exhaust, well, it has been three months now, and I take it out for a spin every other night, in my dreams. I am waiting for the unicorn, that is a lazy Sunday afternoon in my life. Until then, I make do with a nimble TSI, and an Alto shaped go-kart with broken silencer, which sounds absolutely glorious.
Old 2nd July 2019, 11:54   #583

Hi,

Just recently sold my car to an individual with both the RTO's in Bangalore.

1. After collecting a token advance I handed over the Original RC, Form 29 and Form 30 for them to proceed with transfer procedures.The car continued to be in my possession.
2. After about 2 weeks, after tracking continuosly on the RTO website (https://parivahan.gov.in), it finally showed the vehicle as transferred with the new owners name. A pdf file generates the entire history of the car with receipt numbers/dates for all RTO fees paid.
3. After this I collected the balance amount and handed over the car. I collected a duly signed delivery note.
4. I will be completing the insurance transfer based on the above docs.
5. The new owner needs to give me a copy of the RC card once it is in their posession for me to complete the formalities.

Did I miss anything in the above process ?

With clear record of transfer available online and a pdf file download, do I still need to intimate RTO about the sale by sending the docs to RTO via registered post ? I feel it is not required.

Experts views please!

Thanks,
Old 2nd July 2019, 12:37   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nampat View Post
With clear record of transfer available online and a pdf file download, do I still need to intimate RTO about the sale by sending the docs to RTO via registered post ? I feel it is not required.
You had better send in Form TCR to your RTO anyway just to cover yourself legally.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2019, 17:09   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nampat View Post
Hi,

Just recently sold my car to an individual with both the RTO's in Bangalore.

I had a similar query. I can view RC details but how do you generate the pdf and how do you see the transfer history ? thanks.

Most Viewed