Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2010, 16:48   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Now with the smart cards, I don't know how it works. I have never carried original RC in the vehicle, even once since 80s. Xerox was always accepted by cops. Only DL I carry in original.

All my vehicles have RC book or just RC sheet. I don't intend to destroy or lose them by carried it everyday in the vehicle.
I think Xerox of RC book is fine as my car is company owned so they have the RC book with them. I was caught once and shown the paper and they didn't told any thing. But for insurance you can keep xerox along with original reciept you get when you pay the amount
Old 1st February 2010, 13:19   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Looks like the mail was circulated around to scare people then
Old 2nd February 2010, 12:31   #108
Senior - BHPian

Remote Central Locking For Indica Vista.Advice Needed:

Mods:Hope this is the correct section.else ,please move to the proper section.

Hello ,
I want some advice on Remote Central Locking Options for Indica Vista Terra Quadrajet ,Base Model.
The Car(Terra QJD) got Engine Immobilizer;But Not Central Locking.Else ,Correct Me

I Want Feedback from Other Vista Owners Regarding Which is the Basic Option Recommended ,Trouble Free Operation During Monsoon(Which is a bit long here).I don't want all the fancy things as well as High End Options.

What I knew from visiting Accessories shops is ,Autocop is the Most Common and Fastest ,Easiest in providing Warranty,Service.
Xenos gives lifetime Warranty on Some Models.
I am Hoping to Choose Autocop to be on the Safer Side.Which Model Will You Recommend? Autocop 2000?

Also ,What is with "Not to Cut any Wires - ECU Warranty will be affected" Claims in Vista(or Any Other cars) ,Harping from Dealers?.

Is it not possible to Wire Central Locking with connections done using couplings and all?

I called Autocop Kochi and they told they can come to My House to fix this in Vista.
But ,the Fitter talks about Some "Clamps" are needed for Rear Boot Door(for Remote Boot Lid Opener) etc.Any Idea?
Autocop "2000" is the Model and Quoted Rs3600 for Fitting.Is it A little High?
Hope Autocop guys will fit in proper way as they claims have "OE" Fittings For Vista.

--
PS:I am totally newbie on this.Bear With Me.

Thanks,
DC

Last edited by deepclutch : 2nd February 2010 at 12:46.
Old 2nd February 2010, 13:40   #109
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I called Autocop Kochi and they told they can come to My House to fix this in Vista.
But ,the Fitter talks about Some "Clamps" are needed for Rear Boot Door(for Remote Boot Lid Opener) etc.Any Idea?
Autocop service side is usually very good.

The 'clamp' they are talking about is the sensor for the bootlid. They would (or ask them to) put one for the bonnet too.

I am sure the process has evolved to enable them to put in without cutting any of the original wires.

But again I did not have to worry much as the last car in which I put in a remote central locking system was the Marina and its rudimentary ECU was not even considered while putting in the system. I don't remember whether any of the wires were cut in the process (way back in 2005, you see) and I did not care too.

The system as such has been working flawlessly. I have had to replace a remote fob (had to pay) as it dropped frrom my hand and the eyelet to which the key chain is attached broke.

Sorry, I don't know about the prices or the models.

When I used to take it for accessories, I have always have gone to the same person and relied on him to choose what is necessary and accepted the suggestions. Moreover I never bargain. So far I have complete satisfaction over a period of 12+ years.

I would say, go ahead, and enjoy your car.

Do wait until you get more replies, especiallyfrom people who are using similar car.
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:11   #110
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to check what Models Autocop is offering.But ,their site not listed any.

@trrk:Will Definitely ask to fix one sensor for Bonnet as Well.
Old 4th February 2010, 08:42   #111
BANNED

I searched whole of J.C. Road in Bangalroe for Gear Lock but none of them is having it. Can anyone help me in finding a place in Bangalroe where I can get similar product.
Old 4th February 2010, 11:00   #112
Senior - BHPian

Don't laugh, but if the car has alloy wheels with large enough "spokes" (what else to call it?), how about passing a single, strong weld-less chain through all the wheels and securing it with a solid Nav-Tal or such lock? For good measure the chain can be passed around some stationary object rooted to the ground as well! It will be crude, but effective IMO! Can this be done?
Old 4th February 2010, 16:37   #113
Senior - BHPian

Just Got Fixed Autocop XS 2000 (Basic Model) on My Vista Terra Quadrajet.I contacted Autocop Kochi Office and a guy came from their Palarivattom(Kochi) Office and Fixed it.He Fixed it neatly and I am Quiet Satisfied the way they use 3M clips to connect to Car's Wiring Harness(without cutting wires-Technically).

Thanks @trrk Doc.I asked for the Sensors at Bonnet and Rear Boot Lid which costed extra 200 Rupees. Total it Came Rs 3600+200=3800/- for 2010 model.

But ,The Accessories Shops in the Town Generally offered this from 2800-3200 Rupees.Still Happy that the Wiring Done is Satisfactory.My Car came with Engine Immobilizer BTW.

One Query Though.He asked Me to Use Remotes Alternatively 2-3 Months.Is this Needed?

Last edited by deepclutch : 4th February 2010 at 16:47.
deepclutch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2010, 18:27   #114
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Thanks @trrk Doc.I asked for the Sensors at Bonnet and Rear Boot Lid which costed extra 200 Rupees.
Well, now before you open the boot with your key, remember to unlock the car with remote, else, (if things work the way they should) you could wake up the neighbourhood. And keep an eye on the interior light to see whether these sensors are working.

Does this model come with the reverse horn feature?

Quote:
One Query Though.He asked Me to Use Remotes Alternatively 2-3 Months.Is this Needed?
Truthfully that would be a very good tip. The batteries in these things last a long time and by the time your primary remote gives way due to a drained battery, your secondary unused remote may also have a deteriorated battery and may be unusable.

Swapping them this way would be like rotating your tyres - equal wear and tear!

Try to follow his tip.

Last edited by trrk : 4th February 2010 at 18:28.
Old 5th February 2010, 00:50   #115
Senior - BHPian

@trrk:This Model(XS 2000) does not come with reverse alarm.
Old 5th February 2010, 11:37   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Thats good infact as it sounds odd!!
Old 5th February 2010, 18:53   #117
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Thank God! I completely agree with brar.arsh!
Old 5th February 2010, 20:25   #118
BHPian

With a reverse alarm, God save you (from the neighbours) if you live in a society with a single lane out, and you have to reverse in the middle of the night. I dont think its required in the first place or is it?
Old 5th February 2010, 20:38   #119
Senior - BHPian

@Sorcererenator:Reverse Alarm Does Helps in Very Busy Streets ,Where People Congest the Roads.For example the "Market" Areas in Cities.
Old 18th February 2010, 23:00   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
The usual modus operandi of the car thieves....
@samsag12: Thanks. That was a great piece of information.
If I am in doubt, I will just hang around the place for sometime, after parking my car.

A practice, which is somewhat similar, that I try to follow is when I withdraw cash. I try not to step out of the Bank immediately. I wait in their lounge for a while before stepping out.

Thanks again.
Saptadeep.

Most Viewed