Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2015, 10:10   #286

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

I did my hypothecation removal from Electronic City RTO (KA-51) on Saturday 19th December.
Many thanks to samabhi for his detailed report which guided me on the steps to be followed.

Documents carried :

1. Original RC card
2. Photocopy of insurance
3. Photocopy of PUC certificate
4. Signed Form-35 (2 copies) from the financing company.
5. NOC certificate from financing company.

The RC card needs to be put in a transparent plastic pouch. A stamped self-addressed envelope has to be also submitted along with the documents. I procured both of these from the Nandini milk parlour opposite the RTO building compound entrance.

RTO office is open every Monday to Saturday, except for the second Saturday of the month. Try and reach at around 10 / 10.15 AM, as there is less crowd then and your work will get done faster.

Upon entering the building, there is a reception counter right in front, with a separate section for non transport vehicles. Show the documents to the person seated under this sign. He will review the documents and mark a note on the first page.
Go to the cash counters (located on the left of the reception counter) and pay the 100 Rs. fee. Two receipts will be handed over, both of which have to be stapled together will all the other documents & the self-addressed envelope. Go to room # 2, which is the office of the Assistant RTO, to get his signature. This is located on the right side of the reception counter. After getting his signature, hand over the documents to the person behind the reception counter. He will make an entry in a register against a tracking number, and hand over an acknowledgement slip marked with the date by when you can expect the RC card, and also the number. This reference number is important in case you need to follow up with the RTO for updates.

In case the person is not present behind the reception counter, you can go to room # 5 to get the documents reviewed and marked.

The expected date for my RC card is marked as 19th January, hopefully it should arrive before that.
Old 3rd January 2016, 01:08   #287
BHPian

Two months almost, no news of the RC from Indiranagar rto yet
Old 3rd January 2016, 16:56   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppyS View Post
Two months almost, no news of the RC from Indiranagar rto yet
I got mine at exactly the two months mark! I'd wager you should be getting it anyday now
Old 23rd January 2016, 23:14   #289
BHPian

Oui, got it at dot two months and a week marker
Old 24th January 2016, 09:12   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
Hi All,

Submitted the hypothecation removal application in the KR Puram, Bangalore RTO today. Reached the place around 9:45am and was back home by 12noon. Costed only Rs. 135/- in all

RTO charges: 100
File charges: 35

The documents needed are:
  • Registration certification (smart card)
  • Current insurance copy
  • Emission test certificate
  • Form 35 in duplicate
  • NOC from bank (this is a letter that they give)

On reaching the RTO go to the nearby shop and get the following
  • A file
  • Tag to tie the documents together
  • A small pouch in which you place your RC smart card

Procedure:
  • Put all the necessary documents neatly in the file and go to Floor2, room3 (on the left after climbing the stairs)
  • Submit all documents to the person sitting right opposite to the door. He will verify all documents and ask you to go and make the payment of Rs. 100 at the cash counter on the ground floor. Before this you have to go to another officer who checks something on the system before asking you to proceed.
  • Go to the cash counter on the ground floor, pay Rs. 100 and collect the challan. Tie both the challans along with the other documents and go back to the 2nd floor
  • On the 2nd floor, get everything verified from the same person (opposite to the main door). He will put his signatures after verification
  • Proceed to the another officer (the above officer will let you know whom) who will take the application and give you an acknowledgement.

That is all that needs to be done
I received my vehicle RC on 21st December after hypothecation cancellation. I also checked on the rto website (rto.kar.nic.in) and verified that the hypothecation has indeed been removed
Old 11th February 2016, 19:15   #291
BHPian

Went to Indiranagar RTO to get the HP cancelled. Procedure is as mentioned above by others. Didn't need a paper file, just stapled all documents and submitted it. Saw a notice that on 12 and 13 Feb, RTO officials would be on zilla panchayat election duty.
Old 17th February 2016, 18:38   #292
BHPian

Did anyone get Hypothecation removal done recently from Indra Nagar RTO? How much time did it take to get back RC card? I applied on 4 Jan 2016 and am yet to get the RC Smart Card back.Is there any way to follow up on status other than going there in person? From RTO website (http://rto.kar.nic.in/) I find Hypothecation that has been removed.

Last edited by ramanak : 17th February 2016 at 18:55.
Old 17th February 2016, 19:39   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanak View Post
Did anyone get Hypothecation removal done recently from Indra Nagar RTO? How much time did it take to get back RC card? I applied on 4 Jan 2016 and am yet to get the RC Smart Card back.Is there any way to follow up on status other than going there in person? From RTO website (http://rto.kar.nic.in/) I find Hypothecation that has been removed.
Took exactly 2 months (to the dot!) for me last year ( I think I got it done around Aug)

They deliver it to your home so somebody should be present to take delivery else it will go back and then getting it might be tedious.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 18:46   #294
Senior - BHPian

The steps detailed on this thread are only for removal of hypothecation. I could not find any thread that detailed steps when a company-leased vehicle needs to be transferred to an employee when the lease period is over, or when the employee quits the company before it is over.

I was in situation 2 where I quit the company after completing 3 years of the 4-year lease period. Apart from paying the remaining installments, I had to do the following. This may help those who are in a similar situation:
  • Get the hypothecation lifted at the RTO where the car was registered.
  • Get an NOC from that RTO as my residence falls under at different RTO at Hyderabad.
  • Register the car at the local RTO.
However, HR advised me to transfer the car in a friend's name to avoid perquisite tax of nearly 1.6 lakhs! We do have peculiar Income Tax laws in India. So I set about finding a dummy buyer and found one soon. HR cautioned me that I should not transfer the car to even my maid if she has the same address as mine, so i was extra-cautious.

So here's what I had to do for completing the steps above:
  1. A letter from HR on company letterhead saying that they had no objection to transferring the car in my friend's name (with full name and address on the letter). Seal of company to be affixed below signature of HR.
  2. Visit Attapur RTO with above letter, apart from normal documents like Form 28, Form 35 from Financier and NOC from Financier. Also needed to affix xerox of PUC and Insurance, not forgetting the orignal RC. Company seal to be affixed below seller's signature on Form 28.
Went to Attapur RTO with above docs, which is 15 kms away. Strangely the car was registered at Kondapur RTO, but that is not fully-equipped to handle such kind of stuff. Hence a visit to Attapur instead of Kondapur, both of which are 15 kms away from home.

I found Attapur RTA to be horribly organised, with long queues at the 3 counters there. No shade from the harsh sun either. I asked a person in the queue and he said this was his 3rd visit to that place, as they make people run around for apparently no reason. Fed up with the distance, he enlisted an agent. So I too followed suit and found one. Bargained down to Rs 1500 in all, instead of the official fee of around 600.

The agent helped in getting the paperwork verified in 30 minutes, including the photograph at the counter and signature on that electronic pad, along with left thumb impression. But I had to make another trip in the evening to collect the NOC.

The next part was to go with the 'buyer' to Khairatabad RTO. He was busy all these days, but was free this morning. We rushed to the RTO at 1030 am and went straight away to counter 17 on the second floor. We were the first persons in the queue there. The following documents were submitted there:
  1. Forms 29 and 30 with names of seller and buyer. Signature of seller with company seal. Signature of buyer too.
  2. NOC forms given by Attapur RTO.
  3. Xerox of PAN and Passport (address proof) of the buyer. Took originals also, but the clerk did not verify.
  4. Xerox of PUC and Insurance of the car.
Paid Rs 560 official fee and the buyer had his photo taken at the same counter. Also his signature and LTI on the electronic pad. Entire process took 10 minutes. The clerk was very polite and also said goodbye with a namaste. He said the new RC would be sent by post in a week's time.

In short, the Khairatabad RTO was pretty well-organized and we came home smiling. I guess things are streamlined because it is the Central RTO for Telangana (TS 09).

My next steps:
  1. When the new RC comes, accompany my friend to Bajaj Allianz and get the insurance transferred, else we will lose the NCB.
  2. In the new fiscal year, get the car transferred in my wife's name. I do know that on paper it will become a third-hand car, but that loss is far lesser than paying 1.6 lacs perquisite tax!
Hope this helps.
Old 28th February 2016, 22:49   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Took exactly 2 months (to the dot!) for me last year ( I think I got it done around Aug)

They deliver it to your home so somebody should be present to take delivery else it will go back and then getting it might be tedious.
Got mine on 27 Feb.Applied on 4 Jan.
Old 23rd March 2016, 12:24   #296
BHPian

I had gone today to RTO Indira Nagar. Reached around 10 AM.

Bought these from the xerox shop below :

1) Self Addressed Envelope with stamp
2) Folder
3) A plastic cover to keep the RC

Cost - 30/-

Have the following documents with you -

1) RC Smart Card(Original)
2) Bank NoC (Original) - Make a copy and keep with you
3) Form 35 (Original, 2 numbers) - Make copies as well
4) Emission Certificate (Copy) - Check the date
5) Insurance Paper (Copy) - Check the date

Punch a hole in all the docs and place it in the folder, along with the RC in the plastic cover.

Now get to the top floor -

As per earlier posts, you had to visit Room No 13, Counter 10. But there was none there today, and i asked someone and he directed me to give the file to the officer sitting in the last counter.

He asked if there is any address change, and he signed Form 35 and NOC and put the amount to be paid on it and asked me to pay and come back.

For payment, visit Cash counter, Room No 2 ,you will have to walk to the other end of the floor.

Pay the amount of 100/- and get the receipts ( 2 numbers).

Then i came back to the old officer, He asked if i made the payment and then directed me to counter 6.

Tag the two receipts also into the file.

Visit Counter 6 , Submit all documents and get acknowledgement.

Came out around 11 AM.
kap04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 13:58   #297
BHPian

My car is registered in Uppal and now I am in Kukatpally, so a change in address is required. Got the NOC and Form 35 in duplicates. Checked with the Honda showroom agent and he suggested that I need to get a clearance certificate from uppal RTA which would cost 2.5k apart from the Hypothecation removal of 1.5k. Is this true? What are the procedure in Hyderabad?
Old 14th April 2016, 13:19   #298
BHPian

I had applied in Attapur RTO for Hypothecation Removal on 18th Nov. I still haven't got the updated RC card. I just checked on their website and the Hypothecation has been removed. Any idea who should I approach to get the RC card?
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-polorc.jpg  

Old 19th April 2016, 14:36   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I had applied in Attapur RTO for Hypothecation Removal on 18th Nov. I still haven't got the updated RC card. I just checked on their website and the Hypothecation has been removed. Any idea who should I approach to get the RC card?
I emailed support@tstransport.in, and got a response within 30 mins! There is a link to track the status of all applications -
https://aptransport.in/TGCFSTONLINE/...tusSearch.aspx

Now this gives me the EMS number of the India Speed Post. But when I use the India Post website to track this package, it says it doesn't have any details of the consignment. Hmmm, so now registered a complaint with India Speed Post. Lets see where this goes....
Old 2nd May 2016, 12:15   #300
BHPian

I am currently residing in Chennai and my car was registered and hypothecated in Trivandrum, Kerala. I am visiting Trivandrum tomorrow and I plan to get a NOC from the bank, and initiate the hypothecation removal procedure. Unfortunately I will be in Trivandrum only for a week and there is nobody at the address specified in the RC Book. Can I apply a change of address to my current Chennai address using Form 33?

Most Viewed