Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2016, 02:02   #301
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

My current car was registered and hypothecated from Gurgaon RTO. I need to get my hypothecation removed. While I am currently still in Gurgaon, the issue is that I have since moved to Dwarka in Delhi and commute to my office in Gurgaon from there, and don't have any address proof of Gurgaon. Is address proof necessary for removal of hypothecation?
Old 10th May 2016, 14:54   #302
BHPian

I'd been to the Indiranagar RTO today morning at 11AM to get the Hypothecation of my car cancelled. Same procedure as detailed above:
- Carry all documents (mentioned above) and go to Room 13. Get a signature.
- Pay Rs.100 at the cash counter
- Come back to Room 13, handover all the documents+challan and get the acknowledgement

Took hardly 30 minutes at the office since it was a weekday.

It says in the acknowledgement that 30 days from now I will get the RC. Will report back when I get it.

Thanks everyone for maintaining this awesome thread !
Old 20th May 2016, 17:26   #303
BHPian

I'd closed my car loan and got 2 copies of Form35 in March-2015.
But, out of laziness, never bothered to go and apply for hypothetication removal.

Now, I'm looking at 2 issues:
1. Form-35+NOC that is issued more than a year ago
Question- Will the banks re-issue them? Or should I try my luck with the original papers?

2. My address has changed from the time of registration to now( I stayed in Marathahalli at the time of registration. Currently I stay in HSR Layout).
My car is KA 03 (i.e. Indiranagar RTO)
Does HSR fall under same RTO? If not, which one?

Question: Will I be able to change RTO, Address, Remove hypothecation at the same time? or I have to do everything one by one?

Please help!
Old 21st May 2016, 17:46   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
1. Form-35+NOC that is issued more than a year ago
Question- Will the banks re-issue them? Or should I try my luck with the original papers?
Bank will re-issue without any trouble. All you need is an application stating the same.
Old 21st May 2016, 19:51   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Bank will re-issue without any trouble. All you need is an application stating the same.
Even that isn't required. My NOC was more than 3months old and all the RTO said is that they would need to charge an small penalty charge. I just got the hypo removed from my car last month I.e. Apr 2016
Old 28th May 2016, 22:06   #306
BHPian

Here's a silly query. A friend of mine is planning a highway trip but he's applied for hypothecation removal. Is it legal to take the car out while it's under hypothecation. He mentioned he has a copy of the RC book and the original was submitted.

Wanted to know if it would be legal to take the car on a trip with just a copy of the RC book. Does it work the same way when you can drive off showing the challan when your licence is with the cops.
Old 9th June 2016, 15:18   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post

My address has changed from the time of registration to now

Question: Will I be able to change RTO, Address, Remove hypothecation at the same time? or I have to do everything one by one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakunabatata View Post
Wanted to know if it would be legal to take the car on a trip with just a copy of the RC book. Does it work the same way when you can drive off showing the challan when your licence is with the cops.
I had queries similar to the above 2.

1. I have an address change and a hypothecation removal which needs to be done. This is at the Pune (MH 12) RTO and I have the option of either changing it to MH 14 RTO or within MH 12 (in-laws place) itself. WHich one is a better option? Also can I get both done together or is it better to do any one of them first (please do give the order as well)

2. Between the time of submitting the application and getting the new RC, can the vehicle be taken for inter state trips?

Any help on the above two pointers will be very helpful
Old 14th June 2016, 19:36   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangre View Post
I'd been to the Indiranagar RTO today morning at 11AM to get the Hypothecation of my car cancelled.

Will report back when I get it.
I received my RC Smart Card by mail today morning. It took exactly one month and three days!

They'd mentioned 30 days in the acknowledgement and here it is on the 36th day
Old 21st June 2016, 07:53   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
Procedure:
  • Put all the necessary documents neatly in the file and go to Floor2, room3 (on the left after climbing the stairs)
  • Submit all documents to the person sitting right opposite to the door. He will verify all documents and ask you to go and make the payment of Rs. 100 at the cash counter on the ground floor. Before this you have to go to another officer who checks something on the system before asking you to proceed.
  • Go to the cash counter on the ground floor, pay Rs. 100 and collect the challan. Tie both the challans along with the other documents and go back to the 2nd floor
  • On the 2nd floor, get everything verified from the same person (opposite to the main door). He will put his signatures after verification
  • Proceed to the another officer (the above officer will let you know whom) who will take the application and give you an acknowledgement.

That is all that needs to be done
Do they insist on signing the Form-35 (in "signature of registered owner") in front of them? Or can you pre-sign the form and give it to them?
Also, do they have enough parking space near the RTO?
Old 21st June 2016, 19:36   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Do they insist on signing the Form-35 (in "signature of registered owner") in front of them? Or can you pre-sign the form and give it to them?
Also, do they have enough parking space near the RTO?
I think I had pre-signed the form and submitted it.

Last edited by rohanak1 : 21st June 2016 at 19:37. Reason: had submitted this letter actually for change on address on DL
Old 16th July 2016, 15:54   #311
BHPian

Here's my predicament : I barely have another 15 days time Please correct me and advise on the below:

My car is under hypothecation with SBI. Given the circumstances, I have two options:
1. Sell it off
1.1 If I were to sell it off, I'll have to foreclose the loan, take the NOC and then get it registered in the buyer's name.
But what if the buyer wants to continue the loan?

2. Retain it
2.1 If I'm unable to sell it off , I'll have to retain it. The catch is I'm moving out of Pune. I'll have to take my car to my hometown in AP.

What can I do in such a case? If I clear off the loan in the next year, should I travel down to Pune, take the NOC and then apply for removal of hypothecation? Then I'll have to come down again after some time to collect the new RC.
Should I bring the car as well?

thanks,
Ravi
Old 16th July 2016, 16:38   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post

What can I do in such a case? If I clear off the loan in the next year, should I travel down to Pune, take the NOC and then apply for removal of hypothecation? Then I'll have to come down again after some time to collect the new RC.
Should I bring the car as well?

thanks,
Ravi
Most RTOs don't do hand delivery of RC books anymore. You'll need to have a postal address where they'll send it. Please cross check this aspect if you plan to retain the car even as you move to AP.
Old 1st August 2016, 17:41   #313
BHPian

I had been delaying my visit to the RTO mainly bacause I wanted to avoid the agents and also since I am not a local in Bangalore, I was scared I would be skinned. However, I swallowed hard and went last friday to Indira Nagar RTO. Maybe it was the rains or the weather or the fact that it was a friday, there were very few people.
Same procedure followed that I had taken printed from this thread.
- Carry all documents (mentioned elsewhere) and go to Room 13. Get a signature. (the officer spoke very good english - bonus points for me)
- Pay Rs.100 at the cash counter (Door No.1 - at the other end of the building)
- Come back to Room 13, handover all the documents+challan and get the acknowledgement

Took hardly 20 minutes at the office.

The officer told me I will get my RC/SmartCard on August 30th (I went had gone on 29th July). It also says in my acknowledgement that 30 days from the booked date that I will get the SmartCard.

My address in the Card/RC is different from my current address. The office took a long look at it (which got me worried for a while) but didnt say anything and accepted my application.

This tread is a saviour!!
gtonsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 10:20   #314
BHPian

I have 2 bikes. My father who passed away last year is the registered owner. Though the loans were closed back in 2012, my father had not obtained closure certificate and the form 35 from the bank. I approached the bank and they issued the loan closure certificate without a fuss.

Now, since the registered owner is no more, the form 35 does not carry his signature. Will the RTO make any fuss? What do I need to do? I have all supporting documents like family tree, death certificate etc.
Old 21st August 2016, 21:20   #315

Info needed: Hypothecated Car Ownership and State Transfer - Karnataka to West Bengal

My brother who lives in Bangalore will soon move to US. He had bought Eco Sport last December (2015), hypothecated with SBI bank. So, the plan is to transfer the car including ownership to myself in Kolkata, West Bengal.

It would be really great if you can help me with the following queries:

1. What documentation and process should be followed in the state of Karnataka ?
2. Is hypothecation transfer possible ?
3. What documentation and process should be followed in state of West Bengal ?
4. Can road tax be transferred from one state to another ?

Thanks in advance for the information.

Most Viewed