Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2018, 11:56   #391
Team-BHP Support

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
7. After confirming, he asked me to leave. I was confused at just 1 window processing, so I asked him again what next, he replies that you will receive RC by post and it is done, not even paper acknowledgement.
At Pune RTO, I was given a sheet of paper on which a standard text was stamped, the reg. no. entered and then the officer's stamp and signature. Without it, what proof do you have that your RC has been submitted for a legitimate, non-offense related work. Not having an acknowledgement means you'll have to keep a 100 rupee note ready.
Old 18th September 2018, 17:50   #392
BHPian

Hypothecation removal at Ernakulam RTO (KL - 07)

I just completed the hypothecation removal for my car registered with Ernakulam RTO. The process is pretty simple and straightforward and there is no need to involve an agent if you can spare a few mins of your time. I was completely clueless in the beginning on how to do it, the forms required, payment etc. But got a pretty good idea by referring this excellent article. A few things were different in my case though.

Documents required:
  1. Online fee payment receipt
  2. Bank NOC
  3. Form 35 (two copies)
  4. Original RC
  5. Insurance copy
  6. PUC copy
  7. Big envelope for new RC with Rs. 41 stamps
  8. Small envelope with Rs. 5 stamp

Step 1: Online fee payment:
The first step is to go to the Kerala MVD website https://mvd.kerala.gov.in/

Click on "Vehicles" under Apply Online section on the right side and in the page loaded, click "Apply Online" for Cancel Hypothecation:
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-rto-hypo.png

A new browser window will open up, where you will need to select the RTO office, enter the vehicle registration number and chassis number. Once done, it will proceed to do payment of Rs. 75. Once the payment is done, a receipt will be shown which should be printed (#1 in the above list of docs). Can also save a soft copy for future reference.

An imp point to note here: once the payment is done, you should visit the RTO within 3 working days to complete the process from our side. So in my opinion, it would be better to make the payment just before visiting RTO, so that you get maximum time, just in case.

Step 2: Visit RTO with the docs:
Now, the next step is to submit all the docs at the RTO. Arrange them in the order listed above and staple everything together, except the envelopes. In my case, I visited the Ernakulam RTO at Collectorate building, in Kakkanad, Cochin. Here, they have 5 counters, split based on the vehicle registration number. It's clearly marked, so go to the counter based on your vehicle's registration number. Submit all docs to the staff at the counter and they will write the Inward number on one half of doc #1, tear that half and give it to you. That's it. The process is complete from our side.

Tracking Status:
You can then track the status of your application from the MVD website by clicking on "Vehicles" under Application Status on the right side menu. A new window will open up where you can enter the Application Number which is a combination of Table ID & Transaction No: mentioned in doc #1. I submitted the application on 1st Sep and status immediately showed this:
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-screenshot_20180901120142.jpg
It then changed to Process Started, Approved and Printed. All this in the next 3 days. After this, I was expecting to receive the new RC by post, but it did not come. The status in the website remained as Printed. So after two weeks, I went to the RTO today to check the status. I asked the same guy who took the docs, he seemed to be very busy and asked me to wait. After a while, he took some papers and told me to write, "Received RC book" and sign on it. Since he was in a hurry, I couldn't check which paper it was and he then handed over the old RC which had a sticker on the back side mentioning the hypothecation is cancelled wef so and so date etc. I was so on seeing this, but had no other choice. They make us buy envelopes, stamps and what not, only to print a sticker with the hypothecation cancelled details on the back side of the old RC itself. The front part still mentions the hypothecation details of the bank. I have to put a white sticker on top of it now, so that the hypothecation details aren't captured when I photocopy it.

I did check with another MVI whether this is the norm and if it is fine to carry the old RC with the sticker and she confirmed it.
BigBrad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 18:41   #393
BHPian

Hypothefication removal at Thiruvananthapuram rto KL-01

Documents required in original:

1, registration certificate
2, insurance policy
3, pollutiion under control certificate
4, form-35 two sets (simple forms, available for download at kerala mvd site, get the same signed by the bank official and registered owner)
5, loan closure letter addressed to the rto, from the bank
6, two stamped postal covers of sufficient size which can enclose the rc certificate. Need to write your postal address in one of the covers and the bank address in the other one.

Procedure:

Pay 75 rupees as hypothefication termination fee, payment can be done online. Most major rto offices of the state have a help centre inside the office itself for such fee payments.

Now staple/pin items 1to 6 and the fee reciept, with the reciept on top. Show the papers at the enquiry counter. It will be verified there and returned, you will be told about the counter at which to submit it. Go there, give it. Pending traffic penalties might be checked there and if there is none, your documents are accepted readily and a reciept about the same is given to you and your part is done.

The registration certificate with the termination of hypothefication stamped, along with the insurance and pollution papers should reach you by speed post, in less than two weeks time.

Sorry! almost a repeat of the post by bigbrad. Should have checked it before posting.

Last edited by crdi : 18th September 2018 at 18:53.
crdi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 19:23   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
MH-14 RTO Hypothetication Removal
4. On 29th,Aug'18 Visited Counter-12 on 2nd Floor at MH-14 RTO
5. Personnel at counter verified the documents and cross checked identity with Original Aadhar. Asked me to mention mobile number and sign Form-35.
6. Personnel now checked his system for application number mentioned on payment receipt
7. After confirming, he asked me to leave. I was confused at just 1 window processing, so I asked him again what next, he replies that you will receive RC by post and it is done, not even paper acknowledgement.
8. I checked with others who were in same queue in front of me and even they were informed same as me. After me there was an agent along with his client and it was all same for agent as well.
https://parivahan.gov.in/vahanservic...l_Status.xhtml

Checked above VAHAN url for application status (top right corner on Form 35). It suggests that,
1. SMART CARD is generated
2. DISPATCH RC generated

ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-mh14rtohp_removal.png

Chronology of events
1. 4th Aug, HP Removal and NOC request on VAHAN, print generated Form 35
2. 4th Aug, collected NOC from Bank and got Form 35 signed by Bank
3. 29th Aug, visited RTO and submitted docs (The big gap is all thanks to my laziness)
4. 4th Sept, Application Completed/Approved status
5. 7th Sept, Smart Card generated status
6. 14th Sept, Dispatch RC generated status
7. Waiting for RC to be delivered by post to my address, fingers crossed

All in all, even after not getting any paper acknowledgement , I still have trail of workflow. I am satisfied till now, will update once I get newly minted RC.

Last edited by varunswnt : 18th September 2018 at 19:32.
Old 29th October 2018, 11:13   #395
BHPian

Anyone knows which date is to be selected here?
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-untitled.png  

Old 29th October 2018, 11:20   #396
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Anyone knows which date is to be selected here?
Look up the Loan Closure letter from the bank; there will be a line saying, "... the loan is fully repaid as of DD-MM-YY". That will be the date.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2018, 20:41   #397
BHPian

Does one also need to remove hypothetication from current insurance policy? Got two letters and two form 35 in the 2 page letter.

I will go to the gurgaon RTO tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-20181101_201055.jpg  

Old 1st November 2018, 21:28   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Does one also need to remove hypothetication from current insurance policy? Got two letters and two form 35 in the 2 page letter.

I will go to the gurgaon RTO tomorrow.
I forgot to mention that the form 35 from bank only came with a signature and no stamp. Is that required and if yes is it from the loan issuing branch or any branch will give this?
Old 2nd November 2018, 05:21   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I forgot to mention that the form 35 from bank only came with a signature and no stamp. Is that required and if yes is it from the loan issuing branch or any branch will give this?
You should send a copy of the RC with Hypothecation removal endorsed to your insurer. The form 35 you received is adequate.
Old 2nd November 2018, 14:39   #400
BHPian

Got done with the process at Gurgaon RTO today. There is nobody to help there and even the people in counters gave wrong instructions to me twice.

First have the standard forms ready as shown in attachment. There was no benefit of paying the fee online.

1. First go to the notaries sitting near the court complex(walking distance) and get the affidavit done by any guy who has a printer beside him. Only the affidavit needs to be notarized although they will insist other docs also need to be done too to make more money.
2. Then go to Hall no 1 and take a token from rightmost counter. This will have the biggest line and it was mentioned they give tokens from 9am to 11am only.
3. Then go to the main hall and go to counter no 12, right seat. Each counter has 2 people and they have different tasks and sometimes ask you to go to the line right besides you so you better get in the correct line.
4. Then go to counter 11 and get your form inward process done.
5. Then go to fee counter which is the one bang opposite the counter 12 and deposit your fee and take receipt. I paid in cash although a half torn poster did say card and Bhim payments accepted.
6. Then go back to counter 12, right side person and get the receiving slip which has the date etc mentioned when you will get your RC.
7. Go outside to the snack shops near the notaries and have a chilled Coke with a samosa after all that running around and standing.
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-screenshot_20181102142209_gallery.jpg  

Last edited by Mr. Nobody : 2nd November 2018 at 14:40.
Old 28th February 2019, 10:38   #401
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Question on hypothecation removal:
I have a smart card Registration certificate (RC) and hypothecation details aren't mentioned on it. Do I still need to apply and pay for a new smart card RC along with hypothecation removal fees ?
Old 28th February 2019, 10:45   #402
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I have a smart card Registration certificate (RC) and hypothecation details aren't mentioned on it. Do I still need to apply and pay for a new smart card RC along with hypothecation removal fees ?
That's strange; even smart cards have a note mentioning the hypothecation, if there is one.

And yes, it is best you get it formally removed from RTO records; it might become a hassle at the time of sale of car. Barely takes an hour (preparation at home and submission at RTO).
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 11:00   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, even in my case, hypothecation is not marked on the smart card. But if you go to parivahan.gov.in and go to option -

Quote:
Online services >> Vehicle Related Services >> Give your vehicle number and put OTP you get on mobile >>
There you have option to remove hypothecation for the vehicle and in the same page the hypothecation is clearly marked.

I have just checked out the options, but was not able to pay online as after the amount was shown, it wouldn't go further to pay, not sure if it is the problem with website itself or chrome.

Edit - To answer your question, it is still required to surrender the current RC and pay fee for new smart card, that's what I was told at Jayangar RTO 15 days back when I went to enquire. Also, they are not accepting fees in the RTO, we have to pay online and take the receipt for further process.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 28th February 2019 at 11:03.
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 14:52   #404
Senior - BHPian

They will still collect the smart card fee but give you a printout of the changed B extract and the old smart card will be returned to you. Carry copies of both.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 13:29   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Did you try paying the HP removal fees online. I tried multiple times but in vain. I visited Jayanagar RTO on Saturday but it was 3 PM by then, they said I should file the documents by 1 PM and it will not be accepted after that. Also they still say fees has to be paid online, even after me saying it's not happening.

KK

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks