Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Old 7th March 2019, 19:01   #406
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Did you try paying the HP removal fees online. I tried multiple times but in vain.
I still haven't gotten to that stage
The last EMI has just been paid this week and I'm still waiting for the bank to process it, close the loan and issue the NOC. I did speak to the bank manager asking if I really need to apply for removal of hypothecation (since it isn't mentioned on the smart card) and he said it will be necessary since the RTO records will have it.
So I will get to the payment part and RTO visit in about a week or two and will keep this thread updated on hypothecation removal.

Still wondering if/why should I also pay for issuance of a new smart card (there isn't anything to update on the printed data on the card) in addition to fees for hypothecation removal ?

Last edited by NPV : 7th March 2019 at 19:03.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 18:59   #407
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I received the documents from the bank today and found that there is a Loan Closure letter and 2 copies of Form 35, but no separate NOC (No Objection Certificate). Do I need to contact the bank again to get the NOC ?
Old 12th March 2019, 20:17   #408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I received the documents from the bank today and found that there is a Loan Closure letter and 2 copies of Form 35, but no separate NOC (No Objection Certificate). Do I need to contact the bank again to get the NOC ?
There should be two NOCs (they're both on the same page, you have to tear in the middle). Here's my post on the documents I submitted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Got this done for my car recently in Pune:

1) Collect all the documents:
a) two copies of Form 35, NOC each (received from the bank)
b) PUC
c) Original RC
d) Insurance copy
e) Address proof (Aadhar)
f) DL

2) Pay the fee online (Rs. 250) and take a print/two for convenience

3) Drop the form at RTO.
a) In Pune, there's a counter (32 if I remember correctly) where you get everything checked and stamped by the head lady there
b) Submit it at Counter 26
c) Get an acknowledgement

4) Received the RC (a smart card, thankfully) in two weeks
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 11:32   #409
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
There should be two NOCs (they're both on the same page, you have to tear in the middle). Here's my post on the documents I submitted:
Contacted the bank again and the manager said they have a standard format and the documents were issued based on them. They'd issued a Loan Closure letter addressed to me, another Loan Closure letter (same content) addressed to the RTO and 2 Form-35's.

When it comes to paper work at RTO offices and the like, I prefer not to take a chance, so on my insistence, the bank manager issued another couple of letters (with same content as the Loan closure letter) titled "No Objection Certificate", one addressed to RTO and other addressed to Insurance company which I think is the norm followed.

I was able to access my vehicle details on the parivahan website on selecting hypothecation removal (Fee Rs.200) and can see the Payment button also, but just held back since the car's insurance expires soon and once renewed, I will apply for hypothecation removal - again, I did not want to take any chances with paperwork at RTO since they are very much capable of saying insurance expires soon, so apply after renewal.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 11:40   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I was able to access my vehicle details on the parivahan website on selecting hypothecation removal (Fee Rs.200) and can see the Payment button also, but just held back since the car's insurance expires soon and once renewed, I will apply for hypothecation removal - again, I did not want to take any chances with paperwork at RTO since they are very much capable of saying insurance expires soon, so apply after renewal.
Smart thinking. I missed explaining this point - I actually made this mistake. I went there a couple of weeks before my Insurance was to expire; the guy at the counter advised me to come after I'd renewed (or submit it if I had already renewed it). Since I hadn't received the renewal voucher, I decided to visit again after a few weeks. Made it a point to attach the expired as well as renewed insurance copy.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2019, 15:31   #411

Update about hypothecation termination process in the Bangalore East RTO (Kasturinagar/Indiranagar).

The RTO here accepts only *online application and payment of fees through the Parivahan* website. We can no longer avail cash counter payments in the first floor.

Thanks to all members here who put up info about the process in the KA-03 RTO.

1. Carry all documents mentioned here and reach counter 7 on the 2nd floor.
2. The documents are verified and then you should carry them to the next counter for data entry.
3. An acknowledgment is provided.

However, though the process seems simple, my problem started when I started to apply online to pay the fees. For some weird reason, the software kept throwing the following exception--AlertPOSValidationException ; Column=:# 548/D MARUTHI MANSION CMH could not be validated against Address.
I was stuck here and could not proceed with the payment.

I took a printout of the error and reached the RTO the next day and showed the error to the lady in the counter. She directed me to another person to verify the error. This person, had one look, and said it is a technical issue and asked me to return to the lady at the counter to accept manual cash payment.

Finally, I was able to pay the fees at counter 2 in the first floor. I received the acknowledgement from the counter 1 in second floor.
Now I have to wait till I receive my RC.
raptor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2019, 17:43   #412
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor View Post
Update about hypothecation termination process in the Bangalore East RTO (Kasturinagar/Indiranagar).
1. Carry all documents mentioned here and reach counter 7 on the 2nd floor.
Was this at the new RTO building in Kasturinagar ?

I remember the RTO office moving to Kasturinagar last year, but in my recent visits that side, I don't see much activity/crowd there outside the building. I also heard (definitely not a reliable source and seemed like a rumor) that have they moved back to Indiranagar BDA complex, just wanted to confirm.

I think the fees for Hypothecation removal is Rs.200, is that all you paid ?

Also, did you have to apply & pay for new smart card as well (asking because hypothecation details are NOT mentioned on my smart card, so wondering if this is necessary/mandatory ?)

Last edited by NPV : 22nd March 2019 at 17:46.