Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Bangalore East(KA-3)-Hypothecation Removal

Strangely the following documents were returned back to me:-

1.OD Insurance policy
2.Aadhaar Copy
3.Driving License Copy

There is nothing strange about that.There is no requirement of any of the 3 documents for Hypothecation removal,since there is no change of ownership.
The INSURANCE Validity is now available online.
Also Driving license copy is not a requirement for even registration, transfer of ownership. One of the 5 approved proof of identification is only needed.
Old 15th July 2020, 01:58   #467
BHPian

Hello Folks,

I had applied for the Hypothecation removal on 30th June,20 and have been following up on the progress.

Today when I checked it says "Completed/Approved on XXX date by YYY".

Does that mean the RC has been dispatched already or should I expect another status update after which the RC will be sent via post.

I am trying to make sense of what comes next.

Would appreciate your response.
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-rc-status.png  

Old 11th August 2020, 21:14   #468
BHPian

Has anyone been to the Koramangala RTO in Bengaluru in the last month or two ? I'm planning to get the NOC and form 35 from the bank tomorrow, need to know if RTO would be open after 3:30pm (Google says open till 5:30pm) for me to apply for removing hypethecation. One of the Google Maps reviews said that there was a covid19 case and BDA complex was sealed a few weeks ago.
Old 11th August 2020, 22:48   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby_4c View Post
I'm planning to get the NOC and form 35 from the bank tomorrow, need to know if RTO would be open after 3:30pm (Google says open till 5:30pm) for me to apply for removing hypethecation. One of the Google Maps reviews said that there was a covid19 case and BDA complex was sealed a few weeks ago.
Hi Sabby_4c,

I'd say you should visit the RTO between 10:30am to 1:30pm to get work done quickly. Post 3:30 pm the counters are closed and only clerical work goes on. Also yes, there was a covid-19 positive case in the Koramagala BDA complex in last week of July due to which the complex was sealed down.

Also, before you personally visit the RTO ensure that you apply for the relevant service on Vahan portal and pay the fees online.

Regards
AJ739
AJ739 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 23:47   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ739 View Post
Hi Sabby_4c,

I'd say you should visit the RTO between 10:30am to 1:30pm to get work done quickly. Post 3:30 pm the counters are closed and only clerical work goes on. Also yes, there was a covid-19 positive case in the Koramagala BDA complex in last week of July due to which the complex was sealed down.

Also, before you personally visit the RTO ensure that you apply for the relevant service on Vahan portal and pay the fees online.

Regards
AJ739
Thank you! Can I not pay the fee in the RTO counter ? I don't have access to a printer, so I won't be able to print out the reciept / acknowledgements .
Old 12th August 2020, 00:06   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! Can I not pay the fee in the RTO counter ? I don't have access to a printer, so I won't be able to print out the reciept / acknowledgements .
You can pay the fees at the RTO too. It's just that it may lead to unnecessary delays and visit to multiple counters (fees payment, data entry, submission/verification of docs, etc)
Old 12th August 2020, 00:15   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ739 View Post
You can pay the fees at the RTO too. It's just that it may lead to unnecessary delays and visit to multiple counters (fees payment, data entry, submission/verification of docs, etc)
Okay. If I apply on the portal, is it mandatory to take the print outs ?
Old 12th August 2020, 00:42   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Okay. If I apply on the portal, is it mandatory to take the print outs ?
Yes, for online procedure you will have to take print out of the fees payemt recipt/acknowledgement and application form. For convenience you can take the printouts from various shops located inside the BDA complex.
Old 20th August 2020, 00:27   #474
BHPian

I just want to update here about my experience at Koramangala RTO. I went on Tuesday with all the documents required and wanted to pay the fee at the counter. However, I was told that it is mandatory to initiate the Termination from the parivahan website. I went a cyber cafe on the ground floor but the payment gateway timed out. And you can't try to pay again until that payment status is reflected in the parivahan website. I tried for some time and eventually got back home. I tried after a few hours and first I had to manually refresh transaction status from the link and then it said payment failed. I tried paying again and it worked. Today I went to the RTO with the print out of the receipt and submitted the documents in a file, RC smart card in a zip lock bag and self addressed envelope with 18 Rs stamp to the superintendent in Room 11. He verified and signed and then asked me to submit to a lady in the same room. I wasn't given anything and told to show a photo of the receipt if asked by Police. It took 5 minutes overall and no fuss.
Now the wait begins for the RC card to arrive although I don't have much hope. I had to go to the RTO to collect the RC card the first time.

Last edited by sabby_4c : 20th August 2020 at 00:28.
Old 20th August 2020, 09:47   #475
BHPian

Finally, I got the RC via India Post on 8th Aug,20. It took roughly 45 days for the whole process. Hypothecation removal was completed on Portal by 14th July.
The reason for the delay was the 14-day lockdown otherwise it would have been done in a months time. I must say I am impressed with the turnaround time.
Old 20th August 2020, 09:52   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Now the wait begins for the RC card to arrive although I don't have much hope. I had to go to the RTO to collect the RC card the first time.
Once it shows completed/approved on the portal you can download the Virtual RC and verify if the clause has been removed.
Post that you can either go to the RTO office to collect the RC or wait for the same via India Post.
It is strange they did not give you any receipt/token.
How are you supposed to followup with them without that?

MODS: Apologies as I forgot to merge the 2 posts. Would appreciate if you can do that .Would keep in mind for future.

Last edited by Artyom : 20th August 2020 at 09:55.
Old 20th August 2020, 13:50   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Once it shows completed/approved on the portal you can download the Virtual RC and verify if the clause has been removed.
Post that you can either go to the RTO office to collect the RC or wait for the same via India Post.
It is strange they did not give you any receipt/token.
How are you supposed to followup with them without that?

MODS: Apologies as I forgot to merge the 2 posts. Would appreciate if you can do that .Would keep in mind for future.
The receipt/challan you get after online payment (which you also have to submit) is supposed to be the reference. It has application number and some other details.
Old 20th August 2020, 14:03   #478
BHPian

When I submitted the documents the lady at the counter gave me a receipt with some numbers on it and a stamp.
She specifically said not to lose it as it is the reference number.
Not sure if different RTO'S are following different process which would be a shocker. The receipt looked like this
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-rsz_20200630_120327.jpg  

Old 25th August 2020, 23:22   #479
BHPian

I was checking the application status on the parivahan website and I saw this :
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-hyp_removal_status_25.08.2020.jpg

Does this mean I should visit RTO with an ID card ? Also, why does the status say Dispatch Pending ? Does it mean it is ready and I need to go show my ID to get it done and then collect the RC card ? Or does it mean they'll dispatch the RC card without removing Hypothecation and I need to redo the whole thing again ?
Old 29th August 2020, 21:24   #480
BHPian

Quote:
I was checking the application status on the parivahan website and I saw this :
Attachment 2047620

Does this mean I should visit RTO with an ID card ? Also, why does the status say Dispatch Pending ? Does it mean it is ready and I need to go show my ID to get it done and then collect the RC card ? Or does it mean they'll dispatch the RC card without removing Hypothecation and I need to redo the whole thing again ?
I want to update about his here : I went to the RTO today and after I was made to wait for 2+ hours (superintendent went for lunch for 30 mins and came back after 2 hours), it turns out they will open your original physical folder of the documents when you bought the car and match the signature. I used my full signature in the form 35 and hence it was blocked. I had to provide a copy of my ID along with showing the original. Hopefully it goes on smoothly now and I receive my RC card soon.
sabby_4c is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed