Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2021, 09:27   #541
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by theautoman View Post
if you are still looking for the reply, Yes 2 copies of From 35 is enough, For B-Extract, you have to pay extra fees of Rs 10, in the Counter at the RTO or Online. and request for the B extract of Registration Certificate.

It looks like this.
Thanks a lot. I will initiate the online process today. Any idea if we get a new RC card once the hypothecation removal is done ?
Old 19th June 2021, 13:34   #542
BHPian

Tried submitting my Hypothecation Termination application however could not pay the fee as insurance IDV field is showing 0. Whereas all other details are auto populated and showing correctly. Even Insurance details such as policy number and validity etc. are all showing correctly. And the IDV field like other fields is not editable hence unable to proceed with payment.

Tried calling Vahan helpline number - no response, submitted a ticket after multiple attempts finally with Vahan.

Any idea what is the way to update this field ? Thanks in advance.
Old 21st June 2021, 13:35   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Thanks a lot. I will initiate the online process today. Any idea if we get a new RC card once the hypothecation removal is done ?
In Karnataka, NO New RC card is given, however since it is a smart card, the data within the card will be updated after the termination of Hypothecation.
Old 21st June 2021, 16:30   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
Online removal of Hypothecation from RC at Bangalore South RTO - KA-05

[
Did you visit KA05 RTO. Even I have applied for the hypothecation termination and the status after six days also reflects the same. Can you confirm please.
Old 26th June 2021, 11:07   #545
BHPian

Finally I was able to submit my online hypothecation termination application using parivahan web site.

My learnings :

- Start with loads of patience as the whole process can easily take couple of days to complete
- If you hit a dead end like I did - with an error message which I could not do anything about - send a mail to helpdesk-vahan[at]gov[dot]in and that worked. Share screen shots and use simple words to explain the problem. In my case the issue was fixed within 24 hours which is really good. I did not get any reply however the problem was fixed. So instead of waiting for a reply from their side just attempt submitting the application online again and you will most likely not face the problem.
-There may be more tests for your patience like "clear pending payments" after you paid successfully , "clear pending documents" after you already uploaded them but if you keep attempting giving enough time (couple of hours) in between subsequent attempts - most likely you will succeed as I did.
- Your final check should be when you are able to see the status pending at PENDING AT HPT-VERIFICATION

And before starting I highly recommend go through the post by fellow bhpian DKSV. I have hugely benefitted from his post in page 36 in this thread.
Old 27th June 2021, 16:58   #546
BHPian

I don't know if there is a huge backlog because of lockdowns in Karnataka, but my RC has not dispatched yet. The status shows it was finally generated on 18th June, but no status on dispatch yet.

I did my process on 3rd April. Btw, I did both hypothecation removal and address change and hence a new RC is expected

Does anyone know how to move this forward?
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-smart-card-status.jpg  

Last edited by jphukan : 27th June 2021 at 16:59. Reason: Adding more details
Old 27th June 2021, 18:33   #547
BHPian

Friends,

I purchased Grand i10 Automatic in 2017 & finally loan is getting over next month.

Since it was financed by ICICI Bank, I always thought I will have to get hypothecation removed post completion of loan amount. However, I was surprised that original RC that I received with car has no details of financed by ICICI on it. I know I should have checked it earlier.

I checked my car details online via Car Info app & even that does not show any details around hypothecation.

Now, does it mean mean there is no need to get hypothecation removed ? or Am I missing out something.

For reference, I’m attaching my car RC (after masking few details) & screenshots of MYCARINFO app.

Any guidance will be super helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-rc.jpg  

ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-app-screenshot.jpg  

Old 28th June 2021, 10:32   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock3001 View Post
Friends, I purchased Grand i10 Automatic in 2017 & finally loan is getting over next month...
There is very little chance that the banker would have missed out such an important entry! Hypothecation entry in the RTO records is the way the financier can ensure that the car does not get re-sold, etc without closure of loan.

Please download mParivahan app in your phone (its available for android, not sure for ios). Fill in the details such as chassis and engine number and after authentication, download the Virtual RC of the vehicle. All details of the vehicle will be auto-generated by the app.

Scroll down and check the left column - details of the financier is below the entry for seat(ing) capacity.

If the financier details are shown as N/A then you are in the clear (highly unlikely)! In all probability, details of the financier will be specified.

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 28th June 2021 at 10:38. Reason: additional info
Rigid Rotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 14:10   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

I purchased Grand i10 Automatic in 2017 & finally loan is getting over next month.

Since it was financed by ICICI Bank, I always thought I will have to get hypothecation removed post completion of loan amount. However, I was surprised that original RC that I received with car has no details of financed by ICICI on it. I know I should have checked it earlier.

I checked my car details online via Car Info app & even that does not show any details around hypothecation.

Now, does it mean mean there is no need to get hypothecation removed ? or Am I missing out something.

For reference, I’m attaching my car RC (after masking few details) & screenshots of MYCARINFO app.

Any guidance will be super helpful.
The RC card will not show the hypothecation info. It should be available on the RTO database if the hypothecation process is not completed yet and the tenure is over. So yes, you need to go through the process to remove the hypothecation.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 17:54   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
Please download mParivahan app in your phone (its available for android, not sure for ios). Fill in the details such as chassis and engine number and after authentication, download the Virtual RC of the vehicle. All details of the vehicle will be auto-generated by the app.
Thanks bhpian Rigid Rotor for sharing additional details.

Downloaded mParivahan app on my iPhone (Yes, it was available for iOS as well) & in the section mentioned by you, under Financier - ICICI Bank is mentioned.

I'm in pursuit of documents from ICICI Bank & will certainly start the process of Hypothecation removal, which is now 100% online & is no need to visit RTO office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The RC card will not show the hypothecation info. It should be available on the RTO database if the hypothecation process is not completed yet and the tenure is over. So yes, you need to go through the process to remove the hypothecation.
Thank you bhpian tharian for added information.

Hypothecation details were available online, however was it not a norm earlier that financier details were available on RC as well? This is what lead to confusion, as if I remember correctly, Honda City which I purchased in 2011 had HDFC Bank details mentioned on RC itself. Do you know if this practice has changed?

Attaching copy from mParivahan app, as well for everyone's reference.
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-mparivahan.jpeg  

Old 28th June 2021, 20:07   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thank you bhpian tharian for added information.

Hypothecation details were available online, however was it not a norm earlier that financier details were available on RC as well? This is what lead to confusion, as if I remember correctly, Honda City which I purchased in 2011 had HDFC Bank details mentioned on RC itself. Do you know if this practice has changed?

Attaching copy from mParivahan app, as well for everyone's reference.
Yes, it was available on the RC book and on the card when that was introduced. I think once it became a smart card is when it was stopped being mentioned.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 07:31   #552

Hi All

I had comprehensive insurance from Oriental with TP liability expiry till 2023 and Own Damage/PA till 2021.
I changed my Own Damage insurance provider to Bajaj this year.

In Parivahan, I see my insurance details as expired.
I dont see any option to update this.

Need advice on:

1. What is the process to update insurance details in Parivahan? Is there any self-serve way to do it?
2. Which insurance I should be trying to update Bajaj or Oriental?
Old 11th July 2021, 06:40   #553

Nowadays, the insurance details are automatically uploaded by the insurance companies themselves on the mParivahan portal and hence one does not need to do anything from their side. In case one's insurance details are not updated on the mParivahan website, one has to approach their insurance company and request them to update your insurance details on the website.

Also, if you buy insurance from an insurance brokerage firm (third party), you would have to ask your insurance brokerage firm to get your insurance details uploaded on the mParivahan portal by the main insurance company. The brokerage firms only issue their in-house insurance policy and hence their policy numbers can not be updated on the mParivahan portal.
Old 26th July 2021, 08:07   #554

Hello,

Do we still need to visit RTO office after submitting the documents online ? In my case KA51 RTO.

And I could not find anywhere to book an appointment. Should I just walk-in ?

Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 12:05   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasraj_jog View Post
Hello,

Do we still need to visit RTO office after submitting the documents online ? In my case KA51 RTO.

And I could not find anywhere to book an appointment. Should I just walk-in ?

Thanks
Yes to both. You pay the fees online on the Parivahan site and you will get a set of documents that you need to take to the RTO along with the stamp and seal of your bank manager.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed