Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2021, 18:52   #571
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
Hi, could you please confirm which documents you sent via Speed post? I am trying to get my car's Hypothecation terminated as well.
Hey Racingmachine, Sent following documents via speedpost -

1. Form 35 in original as received from Bank
2. NOC
3. Aadhar Card Copy
4. Application form printout

Do ensure to sign the documents wherever required.
woodstock3001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 09:45   #572
BHPian

Umm, three visits to the RTO to get a simple thing done? And thought we were moving to digital era. Delhi transport department should do better honestly .

On a different note, is there a time limit to get Hypothecation removed or can I continue to drive like this and only do it while selling the car?
Old 11th October 2021, 13:23   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
16. Select the two PDF files and click "Upload DMS" for each file. You can verify the uploaded file by click the view file links. Once both files are uploaded, click on Final Submit. It shows a message that the application must be reprinted for the actual submission to RTO.

17. Repeat 10, 11 & 12 and you are done.

Check Status:

18. Repeat 1, 2 & 3. Click Status > Know Your Application Status. Provide the details. Immediately after point 17, it must show "PENDING AT HPT-VERIFICATION". You can regularly check for the progress.
Thank you for this post!

Does this mean one does not have to visit the RTO to remove hypothecation if dealing with the Jayanagar RTO?
Old 19th November 2021, 11:16   #574
BHPian

So I went to my bank (SBI) to get form 35 but the bank only issued me a NOC saying that form 35 is to be downloaded from the rto website.

I am confused now as to what is the correct procedure. I am based in Pune. I also went to an agent who told me to get form 35 from the bank. What should I do ?
Old 4th January 2022, 12:52   #575
BHPian

Sharing my recent experience with the removal of Hypothecation at KA51 RTO. Initially I thought I'd go via some agent , but then took some inspiration from the thread here and I decided I would get stuff done myself.

Things needed and done.

Following Documents are required.

1. Original RC
2. Latest PUC certificate
3. NOC from Financier. Ford Credit also sent signed form 35 to my home address so I had those as well handy.
4. Self addressed envelope ( New RC will be sent via this envelope to the address mentioned).
5. ID Proof Such as Aadhaar ( I think if I remember correctly).
6. Book an appointment from VAHAAN online ( Its fairly simple) and get the printout ( Either Pay fees online or pay at RTO Counter when you visit).

One visit to the RTO is must to get things done. Had all these documents bundled and I was able to leave with acknowledgement slip in under 30 mins.

Just the process fee of around 200 bucks was all that is required , I did not pay anyone else a single rupee.

I never had to visit the RTO after that and my RC was delivered after close to 45 Days later. One has the option to track the status via VAHAAN portal again.

Thanks
Rohan
r24x7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 14:31   #576
BHPian

Submitted Hypothecation removal application online in June 2021. Nothing has happened in last 6 months. Still status shows "Pending for verification at RTO".

Does not seem anyone is looking at these in RTO Bangalore. Simply waste of time and money spent in online process.

If any one has any clue how to get this moved kindly share - thanks.
Old 18th January 2022, 22:42   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Submitted Hypothecation removal application online in June 2021. Nothing has happened in last 6 months. Still status shows "Pending for verification at RTO".

Does not seem anyone is looking at these in RTO Bangalore. Simply waste of time and money spent in online process.

If any one has any clue how to get this moved kindly share - thanks.
After submitting the application online , I assume you have already been to the RTO to submit all required documents and then you will have received a receipt for acknowledgement.

I'd suggest you visit the RTO once more to check on the status.
Old 2nd February 2022, 22:57   #578
Senior - BHPian

Learnt something new today!

After submitting online application, printing the receipt etc., went to the RTO to submit originl RC, application receipt, bank NOC and other docs. Counter staff politely refused to accept the application because we closed the car loan within three years.

They asked for PAN card copy and owner (my wife) to sign on the NOC and Form35 in person, in front of another executive. They verified signature against original PAN card (or passport), which carries the signature, and after that only accepted the application.

This is for Pune (MH12) RTO. Not sure, applicable elsewhere too.

Cheers,
-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 2nd February 2022 at 23:04. Reason: syntax
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 10:18   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
.... Counter staff politely refused to accept the application because we closed the car loan within three years.
How does it matter to RTO when we close the loan? This is weird and never heard of before.
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 19:41   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Learnt something new today!

.... because we closed the car loan within three years.

They asked for PAN card copy and owner (my wife) to sign on the NOC and Form35 in person, in front of another executive.
Isn't form 35 a document given by the financial institution? ( Which means regardless of your tenure in closing the loan , they still needed documents from the Financing organization ). It doest really make sense that they would have to cancel your online application , only to make you submit one more offline.

BTW , did you have to pay fee once more ? or the one paid online sufficed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
How does it matter to RTO when we close the loan? This is weird and never heard of before.
+1 to that.
Old 22nd March 2022, 20:08   #581
BHPian

I have completed my loan for my car and need to remove the hypothecation. And I will do that eventually.
However, what is the reason we have to de-hypothecate? What are the potential issues with leaving it on? <stupid question>

Last edited by gtonsing : 22nd March 2022 at 20:08. Reason: correcting typos
Old 29th March 2022, 17:59   #582
BHPian

Re: Indiranagar, RTO Bangalore (East)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
My experience today at Indiranagar RTO, Bangalore (East):
I am looking for an advice on getting refund of corporate registration charges when I got the car transferred to individual name after using it for 9 months.

I did not find any relevant section to ask this hence posting here. Mods may kindly put under the relevant forum.
Old 13th April 2022, 12:51   #583
APV
BHPian

I completed my car loan recently & terminated Hypothecation in my RC @ TN99 CBE West RTO.

Documents required:

1. Original RC
2. Form 35 from Bank
3. Insurance Copy
4. PUC copy
5. Smart Card Fee paid challan

Steps followed:

1. Log into vahan website with your vehicle registration number:
https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...homepage.xhtml

2. From the list of Online Services -> Select Apply for ownership/change of ownership/hypothecation ( if you have not linked your mobile number with RC, you will be asked to do that, please do so)

3. you need to enter last 5 characters of your Chasis number

4. Validate OTP using mobile number & click next

5. In next screen you should see multiple options including Termination of Hypothecation. select that & pay the Smart card Fee(INR 225) & take a print out of the same.

Please note that as of April 2022, this RTO( & possibly other TN RTOs too) do not have provision to upload documents & online appointment booking. You need to carry a copy of the above listed documents & walk in directly.

Here is what I did:

1. Went through the above steps in Parivahan website & paid Smart Card fee of INR225 & took a print out of the receipt on Tuesday 5th April

2. Checked https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/index/accused-challan site for any pending fines - I had 2 for signal jumping from 2019 & 2020 . Paid those

3. Walked in TN99 RTO on Wednesday 6th April around 11 AM. There is a counter for handling "Other" tasks under Fee Counter board in front of the office even before you enter the gate. Handed over the document to the lady staff at the counter

4. Was asked to keep the documents in below order & staple them
  • Fee Paid Receipt ( Pro tip: tear off top & bottom half blank parts of this receipt & paste it in to Form 35 such that so both document headings - receipt & Form 35 - are visible simultaneously)
  • Form 35
  • Insurance copy
  • PUC copy
  • RC original ( I had a paper based RC)

I was asked to come back on 12th April around 4PM to collect my documents.

PS: No acknowledgement was provided for accepting the documents. I walked out the office in 10 mins

Next day, i checked the application status in below URL using registration number:
https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...l_Status.xhtml

I was able the see my application status there - it was in verified status initially(Thursday) & moved on to approved status by Friday(8th April with Smart Card Generated as the update).

I went to RTO office on 12th April around 4PM and enquired at the same counter. I was asked to check at a specific desk inside the office. At the specific desk, a staff collected my Registration number & name after which he handed over the smart card with HPT mark & Paper RC(no visible changes) . He also took my signature in a register for their records & I am done

Thanks to jpcoolguy's post dating Feb 2021. It was very helpful.
APV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 18:33   #584
BHPian

My car is registered in KA-03 RTO and I need to remove hypothecation. But I have moved to Delhi now. I am not sure about -
  • Do I need the car to be physically present at the time of application?
  • Do I need to provide a local address to receive the updated RC or an out of state address would be fine?
Has anyone else faced similar issues in Bangalore?
Old 26th April 2022, 20:33   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptarchy View Post
[*] Do I need the car to be physically present at the time of application?
No, you are not required to take your car to RTO for hypothecation removal.

Most Viewed