Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2022, 14:13   #601

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJN View Post
I recently was able to successfully complete removal of hypothecation in Pune RTO. I followed this very useful guide from Stewie (thanks a lot!). However, there were few changes in my case:
I would like to thank fellow BHPians @Stewie, @SJN for putting together such detailed guide for Pune RTO. This gave me the courage and confidence to visit the RTO and get two jobs done, without involving local agents who were asking 7x cost for the jobs (without visiting RTO)
Jobs
a) Hypothecation Termination - Form 35
b) Address Change - Form 33

The satisfaction gained from this will last for a very long time. I followed the earlier guides diligently, prepared all documents, filled forms online and reached RTO by 10:30am on a rainy Friday morning, as advised by @SJN. Parking was easy to find at this time. Process was exactly similar to what is mention in the quoted post. Even with the thorough preparation, one thing came as a surprise. The officials wanted registered rental agreement and electricity bill as new address proof. I wasn't carrying the electricity bill, hence I had to wander around the office premises and nearby shops trying to arrange a printout of the electricity bill. Was successful in getting it done after spending about 20 mins and getting drenched in the rain. The whole process was completed in about 45 mins.

If current address is a rented property (and you don't possess any ID Proof with the current address) do carry a) Registered Rent Agreement b) Electricity Bill along with all documents mentioned in original guide for a hassle free experience at RTO.

Now, the standard 1 month waiting for new RC card to be received
mswabhab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 00:31   #602
SJN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswabhab View Post
The satisfaction gained from this will last for a very long time.
Glad that my post gave you the courage to go ahead with it. It is indeed a great sense of achievement when you do it yourself. Also, once you know the process and prepare yourself, it is not so difficult. Of course, RTO staff have a way to stump you even with all the preparation. But glad that it worked out for you in the end. I hope there comes a time when process is so simple that agent culture is non-existent!
Old 8th November 2022, 13:06   #603

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshtulsiani View Post
In continuation to my post above and input from @ajay99, visited the KA03 RTO office at Kasturi Nagar today (30th Aug). I drove to the RTO and parked inside the complex where the test track is. The office was relatively crowd-free probably because of the rainy day forecast or the upcoming festival.

1. Got documents verified from Counter No. 7 (could be a different counter in your case subject to staff availablitity).
I provided in a plastic file (a paper file may be used too) the following:
a. Original RC smart card in a plastic packet (packet available outside RTO),
b. Fee paid receipt,
c. Bank NOC,
d. Form 35 (2 originals as received from the bank),
e. RC copy,
f. Insurance certificate copies (My third party and comprehensive providers are not the same company),
g. PUC certificate copy, and
h. Aadhaar Card copy.

2. Post verification, submitted the file at Counter No. 17. Do remember to carry an extra copy of the fee receipt as a signed and stamped acknowledgment will be provided on the same.

Overall, if you have everything in order, the process should take about 5 mins.
It has been over 2 months and I am yet to receive the new RC. After various follow-ups, KA03 RTO now wants me to collect it from the RTO office. I also posted on MoRTH twitter handle but did not receive any response. I thought they need deliver the RC by post since the fee includes postal charges. Any thoughts?

Also it seems that after you call up their number to ask queries listed in the link Karnataka RTO, they seem to block your number later.
Old 28th November 2022, 15:23   #604
BHPian

I have applied for removal of Hypothecation for my car at Mumbai Central RTO(MH-01). I used faceless service using Aadhar based e-KYC. I have uploaded all the necessary documents which were asked to submit online. I paid the fees and my application for Hypothecation termination was successfully accepted. However when I checked the status, it shows “ONLINE TRANSACTION SUCCESS ON 25-Nov-2022 11:37:39 BUT NOT INWARDED AT MUMBAI (CENTRAL) (MH-1) (Please take appointment now.)”. Though I have applied using faceless service so that I am not needed to visit RTO office physically but status mentions to take appointment to submit the documents. I tried to book the appointment against my application but not able to book any date. When I click on any date in calendar, the date does not get set. What is the way forward for me in this case?
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-hp-removal-status.jpg  

Last edited by sandeepsc : 28th November 2022 at 15:26. Reason: Image added
Old 5th December 2022, 12:07   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
I have applied for removal of Hypothecation for my car at Mumbai Central RTO(MH-01). I used faceless service using Aadhar based e-KYC. I have uploaded all the necessary documents which were asked to submit online. I paid the fees and my application for Hypothecation termination was successfully accepted. However when I checked the status, it shows “ONLINE TRANSACTION SUCCESS ON 25-Nov-2022 11:37:39 BUT NOT INWARDED AT MUMBAI (CENTRAL) (MH-1) (Please take appointment now.)”. Though I have applied using faceless service so that I am not needed to visit RTO office physically but status mentions to take appointment to submit the documents. I tried to book the appointment against my application but not able to book any date. When I click on any date in calendar, the date does not get set. What is the way forward for me in this case?
Made an inquiry at the window in Tardeo RTO office. The person at the window said though I have opted for faceless service I have to submit all the documents physically in RTO office. He has no answer to the question that what is the use of faceless service then? Without arguing more I submitted all the documents. The process was smooth and was out of office within 10 minutes. As per him it will take 45 days to reach new RC book at my home.
Old 5th December 2022, 13:00   #606
BHPian

Hi All,
Sharing my experience of removing hypothecation of my earlier car (Zen LX 2001, now sold) and bike (RX135, still with me) in two parts. This can be a long post, so please excuse.

Bike: Yamaha RX 135, 2000 May. In the year 2015, I had to renew my bike RC. Took the documents along with original RC and visited the Jnanabharati RTO. Supervisor prescribed the fees and post that I paid it and submitted the RC along with documents. Bike was inspected and given a go ahead. There was another kinetic honda alongside and the owner was told that the maintenance should be clean and nice while referring to my RX as an example. I was beaming with smile.

Walked out happily only to be called a week later to the RTO. The official who I was asked to meet was furious that I had submitted the documents without hypothecation removal. And the officials had also accepted without noticing. I went back and tried looking for documents about my bike loan. Nothing was there. I remembered it was from "The associate financials". Started hunting for their office in vain only to realize it was acquired by Citi. Next stop was to Citi financials - and their office in Bangalore was closed. Wrote to an email id that was sourced from the internet. I got a response that they couldn't find my vehicle details and more information like the loan account number was needed. I wrote back stating I had no details of that - but we hit a wall at that time.

I continued my hunt everywhere for any info I could get, but ended with nothing. I tried getting the details through friends working in Citi, but could not get any help.

Then after 2 years, in 2017 it stuck me that I can try to get some info from the bank through which I repaid the loan. I visited ICICI bank in koramangala where I had the account through which I had paid back the loan. Visited the branch to enquire what could be done. The account I had there was closed in the year 2006. So I was looking at a bank official to help me retrieve the details of the year 2001/2002 from an account that was closed in the year 2006 - in the year 2017. They asked for a written request and I was told I can check with them a week later. And when I went a week later, I was told they had submitted a ticket and the status showed resolved. So I was asked to check my registered email.

I scratched my head to think if it was my yahoo id or my then office id was registered with ICICI. There was no way I could check my old office id since it would have been deleted. So installed yahoo mail app and started reset of password, scanning through thousands of marketing promotional emails. This id was not in use for so many years that there was no required email. And after long search I could not find any email from ICICI. Checked with the bank person if there was anything that could be done and was told negative. Dejected I was walking out and there came the official who had taken my request the previous week. As she was entering she saw me and asked if I got my issue sorted. I had explained her my story the previous week and thankfully she understood my predicament and asked me to wait. She checked the system and as a response to her query/ticket there was an attachment too. She printed that statement consisting some 20 odd pages and handed over saying that's all she could do. I scanned through the statement to see my old transactions. I could locate the loan repayment transactions, but the loan account number was masked with xx. And there goes my final hope.

Almost not having any hope for a possible resolution, I wrote to associate/citi providing them the available information again. Prompt response stated that they needed either the loan account number or the cheque number to process my request. That is when it stuck me that the bank statement had the cheque numbers. And after few minutes I was able to provide that and waited for a response.

After few days, it was like dream that I got my details, documents and got the hypothecation cleared - and my bike was back on the road again.

Car: Maruti Zen LX, 2001 august model - This was my first car so held it close to me for a long time. It was registered in my father's name. It was bearing the number KA 03 and hence registered in Indiranagar RTO. In the year 2016, I went to nearest RTO in Bangalore - KA 41, Jnanabharati RTO. Approached the officials with all the forms and documents, met the supervisor and got the fees marked, paid it and went to submit the documents. Few minutes later it was all time for inspection. The inspector appeared after few minutes and asked me to read out the engine no and chassis no. As I read it, he said Chassis number mentioned in the RC is wrong. I verified again and yes, it was wrong with one character being mistyped.

I was calculating ways to fix this and inspector was upfront to state that the original RTO has to be approached to get this corrected. Without this, there was no way to renew the RC. Immediately dashed off to Indiranagar RTO with my father, met the official there and submitted a hand written application along with the RC to the RTO there. I was told they would verify the documents and contact me. Couple of weeks later nothing happened and I did a visit to the Indiranagar RTO, only to be shooed away stating I will be contacted or RC will reach me with correction. Another few weeks later visited and had to sternly voice my discontent to the officer there. In matter of few minutes they retrieved the application and original pencil etching on registration paper. It was verified and correction was made with due attestation and it was done.

Same day I took it to Jnanabharati RTO and submitted the forms. Inspector there was all ok, except that he expressed his displeasure at unclean car. I offered to get it washed, but then he was already walking away with signatures done. A few weeks later I had the renewed RC with me with a great feeling of having dealt with such a complex situation all by myself. And it indeed boosted the confidence of having to deal with RTO without agents.
G-BoleroBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 17:35   #607
Senior - BHPian

I recently submitted my documents for hypothecation removal / cancellation. It was approved and online portal is showing ‘DISPATCH RC generated’ on 25th November. Does this mean the RC is actually dispatched? And after dispatch how much time does it take to reach home?
RTO is Panvel (MH46) near Mumbai.
Old 26th December 2022, 18:02   #608
Distinguished - BHPian

I used an agent at MH02 Andheri RTO to get hypothecation removal done and since he has asked for Rs.1700 for the job and the receipt amount I got was just Rs.250 official. He claims balance 1500 are some his fees and majority under the table which I dont get why since papers are all in order.

What is the justified amount to be paid here?

Also for the future is it possible to get this done online? If any reasonable agent at MH02, please share contact so I can use him in the future instead.
Old 14th January 2023, 20:06   #609
BHPian

Dear Forum Members,

I have a MH-04 registered car in Thane, Maharashtra.

I recently closed my EMI with HDFC Bank and have received the NOC.

At the time of purchase of car, I was living in a rental home and RC book has the same address.

Since then I have shifted to my own house (in Thane itself) and have Aadhar car with my recent house address.

What will be the process to remove the Hypothecation from RC Book.

1. Do I first need to change address and then only do Hypothecation removal or both activities can be carried in parallel.

2. Do I need to involve an agent or its personally doable. I don't mind doing 1-2 rounds of RTO but not more than that.

Thanking all in anticipation !
Old 15th January 2023, 23:16   #610

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
I recently submitted my documents for hypothecation removal / cancellation. It was approved and online portal is showing ‘DISPATCH RC generated’ on 25th November. Does this mean the RC is actually dispatched? And after dispatch how much time does it take to reach home?
RTO is Panvel (MH46) near Mumbai.
Hello ruzbehxyz, for my Polo as well, I see the same status. Could you please confirm if you have received your physical updated RC?
Old 16th January 2023, 06:09   #611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshad_98 View Post
Hello ruzbehxyz, for my Polo as well, I see the same status. Could you please confirm if you have received your physical updated RC?
Yes I received my RC after 1.5 months from submission of documents. The RTO as well as post was slow.
Old 16th January 2023, 07:52   #612

Quote:
Originally Posted by RashmiRathi View Post
At the time of purchase of car, I was living in a rental home and RC book has the same address.

Since then I have shifted to my own house (in Thane itself) and have Aadhar car with my recent house address.
Update the RC address via the Parivahan portal and submit the NOC document. Most RTOs have faceless approval, so you can avoid an agent here.

Last edited by desertroad : 16th January 2023 at 08:01.
Old 16th January 2023, 07:59   #613

Quote:
Originally Posted by RashmiRathi View Post

Update the address via the Parivahan website and submit the NOC document. An agent may be able to do it, most RTOs have faceless approval so you should be able to do it directly as well.
Old 16th January 2023, 12:09   #614
BHPian

After Hypothecation Removal you get a updated RC Card?
Is the new card using a more current design compared to the older one?

reference :
Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
Attachment 2405870

... 2022 RC Card .. does not mention AC, Audio or Video ... 2013 RC Card does .
Old 6th February 2023, 12:12   #615
Senior - BHPian

Is the online option for Hypothecation removal not available for KA03 RTO? I tried to initiate the process and after aadhar verification, it says this service is not available online for this authentication. Only mobile OTP is allowed, and that is a manual process of going to the RTO to submit those details. Anyone has any recent experience of doing this by visiting the KA03 RTO? I had done this for my car in 2015, but that was when they were in Indiranagar.

Most Viewed