Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2024, 21:14   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

So what is the process like?
I put my signature on the NOC and Form35, post which they put some stamp and sign it with date?

I did not get anything in the Google as to what is the process for this simple step. The only reason I am worried is because this is SBI; and do not want to do multiple visits!

Anybody, who had taken the loan from SBI and has successfully removed the hypothecation, please pitch in. I am sure there are plenty in this thread.
Old 24th March 2024, 08:59   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Just received an email from SBI wherein they are asking me to visit branch to collect the NOC and Form 35.

I was with the understanding that these will be sent to me. Has anybody visited bank to collect these and if yes, do I need to carry anything?

From the email that I have received, it seems there has been a portion which has been omitted, intentionally.

Attachment 2584076
Honestly, just go to the branch and tell them the need. They are aware of what needs to be given. Just take your RC and Aadhar with you. Its a simple process. They'll give you NOC and Form-35 signed and stamped. Thats it!
devilicious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 12:34   #678
Senior - BHPian

I have received the NOC and the Form 35 after visiting the branch this morning. I was only requested to share the loan account number. The following documents have been handed over to me, stamped for 27th March.
  • NOC (1 number)
  • Document informing cancellation of hypothication charge (1 number)
  • Form 35 (2 numbers)

Later, I tried to upload the documents at "https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/" for Hypothecation termination, and was greeted with the following message.

"Guardian Name is not matching in Vahan and Aadhaar. As per state guidelines, please visit RTO to Update it in order to avail services from Vahan Citizen Portal"

I checked with my neighbor since he had received similar message and was advised to check at the UIDAI portal and ensure if there is any thing updated in the Care Of section. If blank, then I am expected to update my father's name over there. And indeed the aadhaar card had the C/o section blank; so I coughed up INR 50 and now waiting for the address details to be updated, and will again try after that.
Old 28th March 2024, 19:55   #679
Senior - BHPian

So my documents are all ready. At Parivahan, there was an option of aadhaar based verification, somehow that did not work for me, citing the old guardian name mismatch story. I tried verifying with the mobile number.

While uploading the documents, there were a few entries which were updated as Not Applicable; like Form35, Insurance Certificate, PUC and Registration. Unfortunately, even though its updated as not applicable, I could not proceed unless these were also uploaded

I also came across the below site from where I could download the PUC certificate

https://puc.parivahan.gov.in/puc/vie...tificate.xhtml

The fees that have been charged for the Hypothecation removal is 258 (Hypothecation termination:0; Postal fee: 58; Smart Card Fee:200)

At last I would be able to get a smart card

Next would be to make a visit to the RTO, but tomorrow being Good Friday, not sure if the RTO will remain open. I have not yet booked an appointment as it has been post 6PM; but will give that a try too tomorrow morning. I am hoping the appointment section will tell me if tomorrow is holiday or not.
Old 28th March 2024, 20:08   #680
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Thanks very much for the link for PUC certificate details. I was able to download PUC certificate for all my vehicles. Much appreciated.
Cheers
rajeevsulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 14:03   #681
Senior - BHPian

I submitted the documents today at the PCMC RTO and not a single bouncer

Reached the center at 10:00, officer at desk around 10:15 and by 10:30 am, I am out. No requirement of any envelope or passport photo. I was asked a few random questions just to verify identity, like which bank has financed, what is the car make. The documents are collected on the second floor, left side, middle counter.

I have been informed that the new RC card will reach me in another month's time.

P.s.: No need to book an appointment in order to submit these documents.
Old 11th April 2024, 16:59   #682

Hi, I just submitted all the required documents online and it says transaction complete but yet to be inwarded. Is it mandatory to visit the rto in person?? Mine is a MH12 and I don’t stay at Pune right now.
Old 11th April 2024, 22:52   #683
BHPian

I removed the hypothecation on my car in November and after submitting all documents online, had to visit the RTO with a copy of all the submitted documents. The RTO does the "inwarding" and then will process all the documents.

In fact, there is no new RC, it is just that hypothecation is cancelled in their records. You can also check that in the Vahan portal after the update is done.
So, those who say that one month is needed for new RC are simply fooling you. They have to just do a small update in the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feninrexo View Post
Hi, I just submitted all the required documents online and it says transaction complete but yet to be inwarded. Is it mandatory to visit the rto in person?? Mine is a MH12 and I don’t stay at Pune right now.
Old 15th April 2024, 12:02   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just got the SMS that the RC has been dispatched with a tracking reference. Will keep this audience posted once I receive the updated RC, and hopefully a card this time.
Old 18th April 2024, 17:56   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just got the SMS that the RC has been dispatched with a tracking reference. Will keep this audience posted once I receive the updated RC, and hopefully a card this time.
And even after three days, the tracking is not getting me any hits. I have checked with the below link since it said Speed Post

https://www.indiapost.gov.in/_layout...nsignment.aspx

Since I know the local post office guys a bit, I have requested them to let me know if there is any post from the RTO; so that at least it does not get returned to source.

Has anyone faced such a typical scenario, wherein the RTO provided tracking reference is not traceable
Old 19th April 2024, 03:39   #686
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Has anyone faced such a typical scenario, wherein the RTO provided tracking reference is not traceable
They do dispatches in lots and the IndiaPost link starts to work on date of delivery. A week from dispatch is what is the norm here.
Cheers
rajeevsulu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks