Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 19:48   #31
BANNED

I bought one Royal Enfield 1967 model from Kolkota on April 2009. I have got NOC from West Bengal to Hyderabad and all relavant documents. First I tried to do it my self so i went to RTO office and stand in front of the counter at 10AM. Officer of that counter check all the papers and told me to come at 4PM. So again i went there at 4PM but that person refered me to one agent. Agent calulated some amount and i have agreed to pay that amount. Then next day agent told me to bring Vehicle to RTO , so i took the vehicle and it was inspected also. But after two days i got a call from agent that in my RC Book Date of registration is not mentioned so it is not possible to Register here. I have already paid the LIFE TAX of AP.

He returned all the document with the TAX receipt. Two weeks back once again i approched to the same agent and he told i will take RS2000 then only i will try. Again i agreed to pay that. But after two days he told it is not possible.

Can anybody suggest me what to do??

Can i drive the Bike here without registration here but i have paid TAX and having NOC.

Anybody from Hyerabad Please Help me
Suggestions and Welcome

Regards

S. Das
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:21   #32
BANNED

Please Help me for the above post

Regards

S. Das
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:26   #33
BHPian

Thanks a lot for providing the details. This post is really very helpful. I left my hypothecation as I don't know the procedure. Just called up the bank asking for the NOC, Letter and Form 35 after reading this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mituadas View Post

He returned all the document with the TAX receipt. Two weeks back once again i approched to the same agent and he told i will take RS2000 then only i will try. Again i agreed to pay that. But after two days he told it is not possible.

Can anybody suggest me what to do??

Can i drive the Bike here without registration here but i have paid TAX and having NOC.
See, you got the NOC and Tax receipts. That means you can drive your vehicle in Hyderabad for three months without any problem (not really sure how many months). In that three months, you get the re-registration of your vehicle done. You said, you gave some amount to a broker (if I'm not wrong), catch hold of him and take back your amount first. Later, go to another broker (if you really can't do it yourself) who is capable of doing it and get it done from him. Else, just let me know the entire procedure of how to get the re-registration done and let me see if I can be of any help (know a couple of big shots in RTO).

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd March 2010 at 13:02.
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:43   #34
BHPian

In Karnataka, should you go to the same RTO where registration was done?

My car is KA03. Does anyone know which RTO office it is? Can I just go to the Koramangala BDA complex which is nearer?

Thanks in anticipation.
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:23   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

RTOs in Delhi refuse to accept the DL as valid proof of ID/address, and insist on a copy of the voter's ID card or passport as valid proof (LOL: the guys don't have faith in what they issue themselves). They also want a copy of the PAN card, even for removal of hypothecation.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

Nice article, Technocrat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
Please note that the bank NOC is valid only for 3 months. For some banks may this duration may vary.
Is this duration mentioned somewhere on the NOC ? I don't remember seeing this on my NOC.
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:12   #37
~~h
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Now I am a 'No agent' guy(Got both my Driving License & Passport without an agent)
Even I got my passport and renewed it in India without an agent.. but always thought of RTO as a taboo place for common man (read non-agent), Nice write up Technocrat.

Last edited by ~~h : 3rd March 2010 at 17:13. Reason: text change
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:14   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Nice article, Technocrat.

Is this duration mentioned somewhere on the NOC ? I don't remember seeing this on my NOC.
Biju, it is indeed mentioned on the NOC. In my case, the NOC for my car loan from Kotak Mahindra mentioned a validity of 60 days from the date of issue.
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:33   #39
Senior - BHPian

@SS- Why do you need an address proof for Hypothecation removal? Btw is this PAN card request from RTO officers or RTO agent? Remember the agent will ask for a lot of un-necessary documents so that he can increase the charges. Even in my case he has asked me to get my DL which was not needed.

@SB- Thanks. Yes, As Benny has mentioned the exact duration is clearly mentioned on the NOC. If this is not the case then probably your NOC has no validation expiry

@~~h - Thanks
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:41   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
@SS- Why do you need an address proof for Hypothecation removal? Btw is this PAN card request from RTO officers or RTO agent? Remember the agent will ask for a lot of un-necessary documents so that he can increase the charges. Even in my case he has asked me to get my DL which was not needed.
Beats me - because the same address was to continue.

When I got the lien removal work done, it was through the Automobile Association of Upper India. They came back and asked for the documents again (PAN & voter card). And AAUI unlike an agent does not charge anything extra (apart from the annual membership fees of course).

And the dealer also wanted a copy of my PAN for registering my new car - apparently not for their own records, but to submit to the RTO.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 3rd March 2010 at 17:43.
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:44   #41
Senior - BHPian

Yes for new Car Registration you would need an Identity proof & address proof. And for that they may ask for PAN card.
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:58   #42
BHPian

In kerala,You can pay the fees at 'FRIENDS' counter and give the documents along with Rs35 stamped self addressed envelope.Give this to the counter and get the slip.After 10-14 days you will get the RC with hypothication removed via registered post .No need to go to RTO again.
I did this twice for my bike and scoot.
Old 4th March 2010, 14:05   #43
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for the information, I have a day in mind that I would have to do this exercise. Hope I do it earlier than possible (read close the loan earlier than I thought).

Does anyone have any experience on Tamabaram RTO, how are people there?
Old 4th March 2010, 15:20   #44
BHPian

Great thread Techno (5 star rated!)

Was discussing with a friend about hypothecation and happened to see this thread some time back. Will need this info in a couple of years

Any idea about converting the old licence (pink paper types) to a smart card?

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th March 2010 at 16:07. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed. Thanks
Old 4th March 2010, 16:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

Thanks xingamazon

@MurtazaGhiya- Thanks for marking it 5* .

I think the process for getting a Smart Card RC would be similar i.e. get all your papers & meet the guy who handles your number series, he would verify the docs & ask you to make the payment for Smart Card RC(& submit the old RC), once you make the payment you would get it 3-4 days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks