Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 19:00   #61
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Guys, I am glad that th article could be of help

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
Thanks Technocrat
That was a nice post and I am sure that this would help a lot of other guys including myself. I have just finished my loan, took NOC from my bank - but did not go to RTO yet (very lazy). Also I was not aware of the time limit on this NOC! Good that I went through this thread. I had visited few driving schools in Kothrud, Pune asked them the the charges for this job - all of them quoted Rs 1000 minimum !!! On this I decided to do the Job myself.

I have just one small query : My car is 9 months old and I do not have a PUC (don't require one till 1st year). Do I still need to get this just for the sake of RTO paperwork?
Not really, if they ask then you can tell them that its a new car & doesnt need PUC, Bttw I think the PUC is not needed only for first 6 months & not a year but I am not too sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Technocrat. Nice writeup

However, I have one question. I moved from Gurgaon to Bangalore recently and want to know, if I sell my car, what will be the process to remove hypothecation.

I know I have to get in touch with my bankers for the NOC etc, but as far as the RTO work is concerned, do I need to personally go the Gurgaon RTO or can i do it via post or something. Alternately, if I sell it here to an agent, can i let them take care of the headache (Also, how much can they take care. For instance if I exchange my car or sell it to someone like Mahindra First Choice)
Normally agents or Exchange companies(True Value, First Choice etc) take care of all the formalities if you have all the documents relevant to you with you i.e. NOC, Receipts, Insurance etc.

Then again I dont know if they would touch an out of state car, its best to sell the car in the state where it was registered. That too get it done yourself or ask a friend or relative to do. If you go via agent then it would be difficult to keep a track, agents are also known to loose papers(happened with my cousin, the agent lost all his original papers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
I am having a nightmare with regards to transferring the car in my name. BTW, mine is Thane registered and since traveling to Thane RTO was not possible I decided to get the work done through an agent.
Since the RC book is having a Nashik address (of the owner), the HP cancellation can only be done at Nashik RTO!! And by now, the NOC had expired as well!! I blasted the guy coz he's confirmed that papers were good to go ahead and I'd reminded him repeatedly about the NOC expiry! Came back from home and got back all the papers that I'd submitted.
Where is the car Registered? In Thane or Nashik? The HP cancellation will happen only at the RTO where the car was registered. The agent is only finding more ways to charge you.

p.s. You should have insisted on getting the HP removal done by the previous owner.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd April 2010 at 18:01.
Old 19th April 2010, 20:51   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Where is the car Registered? In Thane or Nashik? The HP cancellation will happen only at the RTO where the car was registered. The agent is only finding more ways to charge you.

p.s. You should have insisted ion getting the HP removal done by the previous owner.
The car bears MH-04 registration, assume that's Thane RTO?! The previous agent, citing the Nashik address (temp address of the previous owner) in the RC book, tried to convince me about the Nashik RTO theory!

I never thought this could be a problem! All the requisite documents were given by the owner himself and were confirmed OK by the so-called agents in question here. Since I was anyways going to transfer the car to my name, thought this could be done as well! :-(

Waiting for the third guy's response tomorrow. Fingers X-ed!! Will be posting the updates.
Old 19th April 2010, 22:52   #63
Senior - BHPian

Good thread, Technocrat! I got to see it only today---as I've been quite busy after returning from a long stint abroad.

My car loan too got over in Feb and when I arrived home last week, I saw the letter from ICICI for removal of hypothecation lying for me.

I did visit the RTO last week, but did not have a PUC for my car----man, I wish I'd seen your thread before.

I am planning to get my car's PUC done this week and proceed to the next steps.
Thanks for enlightening us.

BTW, new cars don't need PUC for 12 months, and not 6 months that you had mentioned about.
Old 20th April 2010, 11:54   #64
Senior - BHPian

@Avinash - Yes MH04 is Thane RTO & thats where all the action will happen.

@Vnabhi- Thanks Ok so it is 12 months, thanks for correcting me.
Old 20th April 2010, 12:04   #65
Senior - BHPian

@Techno, is there some penalty from a private bank if we pre-close the loan by bulk cash payment ? This is hampering my friend to get a Hypothecation redemption Certificate from ICICI.
Old 20th April 2010, 12:16   #66
Senior - BHPian

There are closure charges which is X% on the remaining principal. In addition some banks charge some money for delivering the Original documents which can be negotiated, HDFC said its free if its couriered & will cost Rs250 if collected in person, I collected in person & didn't pay a single paisa

Also Some banks have a blocking period before which one cant pre-close the loan & if one tries to pre-close withing that period then apply a penalty charge over & above the Closure charges.
Old 11th May 2010, 15:19   #67
BHPian

AASI as an RTO Agent.

Good article Technocrat. Just finished paying off my car loan and promptly took the NOC and Form35 to the Automobile Association of Southern India (AASI). They act as an RTO agent but at very resonable cost. I've always used them for my RTO related work.

I also did the Pollution check at AASI itself,for Rs 50. CO (% Vol) showed .08 Actual compared to .5 regulation limit. Strangely even before the car was started CO limits were showing 1.25!!

Apparently Pollution check needs to be done every 6 months after the first 13 months. Is anyone aware of this rule? Is this only in TN? I don't see too many people do this.

The AASI clerk thoroughly checked the documents and he noticied that the Bank's address in the RC book and NOC differed. So I had to go the bank to get the correct stamp. My RTO, TN-07 South-east is not yet issuing Smart card based RC, so the total charges were only Rs.131.

They've said that my RC book should be returned in 10 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
I3. He asked for a A4 size envelope with Rs.20 stamp attached to it. This is for sending the RC back to me via post - Not sure if this step is really required. Officer on seeing me applying hypo removal directly might have asked me to get it. I obviously get it from the stationery shop inside the RTO compound. He could have given it back to the stationery shop and encashed
4. Officer asked me to comeback at particular date. (Then why the envelope?)
After giving me the receipt I was asked for 20 rupees for Postage that RTO charges?
Old 15th May 2010, 14:09   #68
BHPian

Pune Rto Update

Specific to PUNE RTO :
I visited Pune RTO on Thursday morning for the Hypothecation removal process. Had all my papers arranged as mentioned by Technocrat.
  • Asked for verification officer and was directed to go to counter no 31.The officer (Mr Thorat) asked me to get all the photocopies attested. I showed him all my original documents then & there - still he insisted to get all photo copies attested.
  • Found a "notary guy" sitting in the parking lot who did all the attestation for 30 rupees.
  • Went back to same counter no 31 - Mr Thorat checked all papers - signed them and asked me to pay a fee of Rs 100 at counter no 19.
  • Paid the fees - but the clerk at this counter did not give me back my papers. He kept them in his draw. I asked him to return so that i could take them to the other counter ( step 5 as mentioned by Technocrat). On this he said the procedure now has changed and this would be done by themselves.
  • I again went back to Mr Thorat and narrated him the same - hearing his he also acknowledged the change in procedure. He also cited that the reason behind this was shortage of clerks.
  • Mr Thorat has asked me to come after 8 days.
The entire process took 1/2 hr. 11.00am I was out of the office.
Thanks to Tecnocrat & Sukiwa for guiding which made the process simpler and less time consuming.
faridsahmed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2010, 19:55   #69
Senior - BHPian

@PraveenM- Yes PUC certificate is given for 6 months & a car must have a valid PUC certificate at all times

@faridsahmed- I am surprised at the notary part, I got this done for both me & my another colleague Our papers were not notarized.

Thanks for the update but it seems this is a temporary change, anyways keep us updated & let us know if the remaining process has changed in anyway.
Old 14th June 2010, 13:49   #70
Senior - BHPian

Taking Technocrats detailed steps into mind, I went to the RTA, Khairatabad to get my car's hypothecation lifted.I did not go via any agent as I had a pleasant experience in getting the car registered earlier at the same spot.

However, things were not so smooth this time, perhaps owing to a not-so-clean administration this time, and the queue was much more probably due to the summer vacation.

The steps in Hyderabad are a bit different:-
  1. Bought the forms at the counter outside for Rs 2 or 4 (don't remember), filled them in and stood in the long queue for verification of documents.
  2. Took nearly 45 minutes to reach the counter and the verification was done quickly. Only document that they said was not needed was the DL copy.
  3. Had to stand in another queue for a token number. Persons are summoned into the main hall based on the token number. The notice board also read ' not more than 300 tokens per day per type of transaction.
  4. Took nearly 30 minutes to reach near the counter. There were only 2 guys in front of me and around 30 behind when the dealing person suddenly shut the register and said that the daily limit of 300 had been reached! The person 1st in the queue picked up an fight with him and alleged that they were forcing people to go through agents.
  5. I then requested another guy nearby to give me a token as I'd already got my docs verified and was standing for a long time. Luckily he obliged and gave me one. It read 303. So if there were only 303 tokens issued on that day, how come the notice read 'not more than 300 tokens for each type of transaction'? The queue was common for all types of transactions.
Will submit further details after lunch---gotta have some grub now.
Old 14th June 2010, 14:41   #71
Senior - BHPian

Here are the other steps:-
  1. After getting the token, I peeped into the main hall's door and found that the current serial number on display was around 75---and mine was 303. So I hung around for an hour and saw that the number increased only to 160 or so. Since it was nearing 1 pm, I thought it was better to go home (only 3 kms away) and return after lunch. I asked the car parking guy and he suggested I return by 230 pm.
  2. I returned by 230 pm and found that the serial number on display was 305---I'd missed my turn. I showed my token to the cop at the door and he let me in. I waited at the first counter and then showed my token to that guy. He said that my turn was already over, and therefore only the Section Officer could admit my application.
  3. I went to the S.O. and he was annoyed that I'd not showed up though my name was called many times. I gave him the excuse of hot weather and hunger and he finally agreed.
  4. He directed me to a lady in a counter and I gave her all the docs, including the original R C card. She too returned my DL copy and said it was not needed. She asked me to pay Rs 525 for as new smart card which I did. I was told the new smart card would reach my home in 2 to 3 weeks.
  5. I waited eagerly for a month and still it did not reach me. Therefore I sent my son with the counter-foil to inquire. Poor guy did not know all formaliites and stood in the queue once again only for this inquiry. On reaching the counter after an hour, he was told that there was a problem with their system and that many such complaints were coming. But he was advised to go to another guy near the photo section, which he did.
  6. The guy near the photo section scanned though all the cards with him, with my son assisting him. But they could not trace my card. So he asked for a xerox of the counter-foil and asked my son to return the next day around 12 noon.
  7. My son went the next day at the suggested time, but the RTA was closed owing to a sudden bandh called by TRS. He went again the following day, but it was a second saturday, and closed !
  8. Finally he went on the following Monday and the same guy gave him the new smart card. The card looks better than the earlier card, but the numbers after BS (like BS 1 or BS 2) have been eschwed by the limit of the width of the card.
Anyways, I have my new card now, but you will agree that the above experience was not a smooth one. I am fortunate to stay in the vicinity, but imagine the plight of those who stay far away!!
Old 18th June 2010, 10:31   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
RTOs in Delhi refuse to accept the DL as valid proof of ID/address, and insist on a copy of the voter's ID card or passport as valid proof (LOL: the guys don't have faith in what they issue themselves). They also want a copy of the PAN card, even for removal of hypothecation.
Yes, you are right! Just had an experience with the Janakpuri Authority for getting my OHC Vtec de-hypothecated. They insist on all documents listed by Technocrat (copies need to be duly attested) + Voters' ID/Passport copy towards Identity Proof and a copy of your PAN Card as well....They told me to collect it after a fortnight.
Old 18th June 2010, 12:33   #73
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys, here is a query. When I had taken the loan I was staying in Haryana, then I moved from there to Delhi and now am in Bangalore.
If I go for hypothecation removal, will I be asked for any document proof from the place in Faradabad? Its been 5 years and I dont really have anything with me. Whats the way out?

On the other hand do I really need to have the Hypothecation done? I have the NOC and everything from the bank plus am not going to sell the car for another 2-3 years min. How would not getting this done in such cases affect me?
Old 23rd July 2010, 23:59   #74
BHPian

Is a Fitness Certificate for HC removal?

As per Technocrats article, i had prepared my papers and handed them over to an agent here in NOIDA(UP) for removal of hypothetication.
However he now says that a Fitness Certificate is required for a 8 seater.

I have a 2006 8 seater scorpio crde. The loan got over this May. As per the agent a fitness certificate is not required in case of a 7 seater.

Any idea if this is true??
Old 24th July 2010, 00:08   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smats View Post
However he now says that a Fitness Certificate is required for a 8 seater.

I have a 2006 8 seater scorpio crde.
Is it a private vehicle or commercial vehicle? In my understanding, fitness certificate is needed only for commercial/transport vehicles (yellow board).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks