Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2014, 10:33   #181
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
I need some help and guidance here.
============
Quite a lot, I know. But I guess I have just another month before the letter expires.

Please help
To the get HT removed you need a valid address proof of Delhi, you need to first change the address and then remove the HT. There is some fine i think which you need to pay for address updation which is something 100 rs per month. They will calculate from your new address proof which has the start date.

I was in same situation 2 years back with my bike because i don't have any valid address proof of delhi because i have shifted to ggn, and there is no rule to transfer vehicle from Delhi to Gurgaon. Finally i had to sell my bike in delhi because transfer and HT removal can happen simultaneously.
rajpandey10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 12:58   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post

1. Is there any way of getting this process of hypothecation removal complete sitting here in Bombay?
I would recommend you to get hold of a delhi based agent, to do this on your behalf. In addition to the documents already mentioned in various posts of this thread, you will need to give a letter of authority to the agent to perform this work.
Here is the format:

To,

Regional Transport Authority,
<Location of RTO>, New Delhi
Dated: <Date>

Letter of Authority

Dear Sir/Madam

I hereby authorize _________________________________, on my behalf, to deposit enclosed documentation, collect new registration, and facilitate the transfer of vehicle <vehicle number plate> to my name at the RTO, <Location of RTO>, New Delhi.

Regards,
<Sign here>
Signature Attested by:

<Sign here>

Old 10th February 2014, 20:15   #183
Senior - BHPian

I got the bank hypothecation removed from my car's RC book last month.

Thanks to this article on team-bhp and similar articles on some other blogs, I was armed with complete knowledge of the procedure and documents required for the procedure.

I prepared the file to such a level of perfection with all the documents arranged in proper sequence, along with the self addressed envelope and original RC book, that the RTO officer could not even utter a word against my file.

The whole procedure took me around 15 minutes only, including fee payment.

Exactly after a week, the smart card arrived at my residence. Never expected such a fast response from a government agency.

1. I had submitted my original RC book to RTO for hypothecation cancellation. They have kept the RC book and sent me the smart card only. Is this the normal procedure in Bangalore nowadays ?

2. How do I know from the smart card whether the hypothecation has actually been cancelled ?

Rohan
Old 10th February 2014, 20:48   #184
BHPian

Strange because when I got it done few months ago, they did not charge me for the smart card and I received my RC book itself with hypothecation removed. So I guess it's your choice to get a smart card or not. I got it done at the Electronics City RTO.
Old 11th February 2014, 10:47   #185
BHPian

Do we need to go to the same RTO office where the vehicle is registered? I have moved to the other part of city. Was wondering if it can be done from nearest office.
Old 11th February 2014, 13:55   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Strange because when I got it done few months ago, they did not charge me for the smart card and I received my RC book itself with hypothecation removed. So I guess it's your choice to get a smart card or not. I got it done at the Electronics City RTO.
My car is registered in Koramangala RTO.

The RTO officer didn't give me a choice to retain RC book and made me apply for smart card. The smart card fee is very reasonable though (Rs 137 IIRC).

How to make out from the smart card whether the hypothecation has been removed ?

Rohan
Old 19th February 2014, 13:13   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

How to make out from the smart card whether the hypothecation has been removed ?

Rohan
The smart card does not contain printed hypothecation details. The only way you can ensure that hypothecation is removed is by getting an RC Extract. This can be got at any of the Bangalore One Centres by paying a fee of Rs.18/- (Eighteen Rupees). They will ask for your name, mobile number and vehicle number and give you an extract which lists many details including HPT (Hypothecation) details.

Hope this helps.
srividya76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 13:32   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Do we need to go to the same RTO office where the vehicle is registered? I have moved to the other part of city. Was wondering if it can be done from nearest office.

I had gone through the same problem as yours.
Vehicle was registered in IndiraNagar RTO. I had moved after that.
All I did was the below
1) Got the NOC from the bank.
2) Went and submitted all the required documents(Refer to earlier posts for all the necessary documents) in the IndiraNagar RTO for Hypothecation removal. Paid the fees.
3) No response for more than a month.
4) Went back to IndraNagar RTO. Was Informed that since my address had changed, I have to goto KR Puram RT, with a letter given stating that Hypothecation removed and the letter was addressed to KR Puram RTO.
5) Went to KR Puram RTO, paid the new smart card fees, submitted again the whole set of documents and then received the new Smart Card with the current address within 15 days.
hamster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 16:59   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
I had gone through the same problem as yours.
Cool. So I think I will approach the RTO nearest to my home. Thanks a lot for this.
Old 27th March 2014, 22:12   #190
BHPian

CLOSING A LEASE AND TRANSFER FROM Haryana to Delhi

I have a query, am not able to create a new thread..

I am a owner of a Storme, initially brought on a 3-year OPERATING Lease, which, due to a change of JOB is now in form of a PERSONAL lease (without tax benefits, more like a loan)

The Car is in the name of the Leasing Co. and I am paying right through my nose. It has 30% RV. The car is regd in Gurgaon (Haryana) while I am a resident of Delhi...

1. If I were to close this personal lease by paying off, what would the payoff be like ?

2. Since car is regd in Haryana, and I am a Delhi resident, I need to transfer the car to my Delhi address. How much easy is that ? People are facing problems in inter-state transfer (and esp. I don't have a Gurgaon address).

Can someone help ?

Tx n Regards,

Biplav
Old 7th April 2014, 16:27   #191
BHPian

Thanks to the enormous info shared in the article and the insane high price, the agents were charging for hypothecation removal services, I decided to do this on my own after completing my car loan in 2011.

Some of the points I want to share from my experiences with KA-51, Electronics City RTO Office.

- Keeping the documents (Xerox copies) in handy will save a lot of time. Please keep stapler and punching machine handy.

- All we need is cash receipts ( 2 ), NOC Certificate from Bank, 2 copies of Form 35, Emission certificate copy, Insurance copy, Self Addresses envelope (Rs 17 for Local address and Rs 25 for out station address) along with the original RC Book. Incase of Smart Card, put it in a small transparent cover. Dont forget to sign in Form-35 (Special thanks to Krato for the detailed list.)

- Facilities around KA-51 office have improved a lot now with few shops around. Self addressed envelope, file to keep all the documents and plastic cover for the smart card can be bought from these shops.

- Go to the first counter in the entrance marked for Non-Transport vehicles. The person in the counter was little courteous and explained all the needed details. He will write the amount to be paid on the NOC certificate itself with the date. Also there are no dedicated counters, just that there is one big reception counter with different RTO officials sitting behind the counter.

- Pay the amount in the cash counter for Rs.100 and we will get two receipts. Also remember, the cash payment counter is open only till 12:30 on Saturdays. I was lucky enough to make the payment at 12:25 PM and they were almost winding up for the day.

- Staple all the documents in order mentioned above along with the cash receipts and go to the last counter.

- This was the most difficult part for me. The lady sitting at the counter doesn't know at all what does it mean to be courteous to citizens. What ever we submit, she will have an excuse and expresses her displeasure. I observed this for couple of other citizens too who were there with me. For the agents, she was more than to happy to help. I understand the reason as they get their share from the agents directly and some of the agents directly drop the money into their counters.

- Dont get annoyed by her behavior and maintain a pleasant smile all the way. She will recheck the documents and will give us an acknowledgement slip. This is the most important part of the entire procedure.

- An entry will be made into the register with a serial no allotted and the same will be written on the acknowledgement slip too.

- In my case, she just gave the no (607) which was already entered in the register for another vehicle. I realized this, went back to her and informed that she has entered the wrong no and there was no entry made in the register for my car. She made all sorts of faces and with utmost attitude entered my details under 608 and corrected it on my ack slip too. Just before that another agent was there and she wrote the same entry 608 on the slip. I wonder what will happen to that and whether this entry in the register will be taken care seriously or not. But from what I remember from my previous encounters in RTO office ( Vehicle re-registration, etc..), maintaining this entry is very important. Along with the ack slip, that entry in the register is another proof that we have surrendered our RC book with RTO for whatever purpose it is.

- I was told that I will get my Smart Card back in 20 days, due to the ongoing elections. I am not at all confident this will happen and I am prepared to go back to the RTO office again.

What is disgusting is the attitude of Govt.Officials and how they treat the citizens. But at the end, I felt happy that I didnt pay any bribe. Btw, one of the agents I inquired with in Koramangala asked for Rs 1000 for RC book and Rs 1250 for a smart card.

Total amount I spent : Rs 100 (RTO Fees) + Rs 72 (Stationery) = Rs 172.
Total time spent including the to and fro drive from my home on Sarjapur Road = 2 hours
Satisfaction that I didnt pay a bribe : PRICELESS

Cheers,
Greg
samabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 03:47   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Thanks to the enormous info shared in the article and the insane high price, the agents were charging for hypothecation removal services, I decided to do this on my own after completing my car loan in 2011.

Some of the points I want to share from my experiences with KA-51, Electronics City RTO Office.Total amount I spent : Rs 100 (RTO Fees) + Rs 72 (Stationery) = Rs 172.
Total time spent including the to and fro drive from my home on Sarjapur Road = 2 hours
Satisfaction that I didnt pay a bribe : PRICELESS
Cheers,
Greg
What a timing to see this post of Greg !!
I just did the exact same process on Monday (26th), and the experience was exactly the same. The cost involved was also same.

Rs.100 - Fees for Hypo removal
Rs.30 - For a Rs.17 envelope
Rs.2 - Transparent pouch for smart card
Rs.0 - Bribe
1 Hour - Drive to and fro BTM2 to KA 51 RTO, near Bilekhalli + Time spent at RTO.
15 Days - Lead time to receive my new smart card via post.
Experience with RTO officials. Same as Greg mentioned.
Old 28th May 2014, 08:30   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
I just did the exact same process on Monday (26th), and the experience was exactly the same. The cost involved was also same.

Rs.100 - Fees for Hypo removal
Rs.30 - For a Rs.17 envelope
Rs.2 - Transparent pouch for smart card
Rs.0 - Bribe
1 Hour - Drive to and fro BTM2 to KA 51 RTO, near Bilekhalli + Time spent at RTO.
15 Days - Lead time to receive my new smart card via post.
Experience with RTO officials. Same as Greg mentioned.
By the way I received my smart card by post couple of weeks back. Can't express how happy I was as it saved me lot of time by not making another trip to RTO.
Old 6th June 2014, 15:31   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
I got the campany leased car transferred to my name (hypothication removed) and received the smart card yesterday. The smart card does not contain any information about hypothication. How do I know that hypothication is actually removed?

Thanks.
Old 6th June 2014, 15:46   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I got the campany leased car transferred to my name (hypothication removed) and received the smart card yesterday. The smart card does not contain any information about hypothication. How do I know that hypothication is actually removed?

Thanks.
One way I know is go to the nearest Bangalore One Center and get a copy of RC extract. They charge very nominal price and it will show the information about any hypothecation.
samabhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks