Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2014, 03:01   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Got my Smart Card back from E-City RTO.
I was expecting it to be a new card. But it is the same old card.

Samabhi - Thanks for the lead. Can I see it online somewhere, or Bangalore One Center is the only place to check it apart from RTO itself ?
Old 9th June 2014, 10:36   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srividya76 View Post
The smart card does not contain printed hypothecation details. The only way you can ensure that hypothecation is removed is by getting an RC Extract. This can be got at any of the Bangalore One Centres by paying a fee of Rs.18/- (Eighteen Rupees). They will ask for your name, mobile number and vehicle number and give you an extract which lists many details including HPT (Hypothecation) details.

Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
One way I know is go to the nearest Bangalore One Center and get a copy of RC extract. They charge very nominal price and it will show the information about any hypothecation.

Thanks a lot for the information. Got the RC extract from Bangalore One center. The format is as shown below. I can see that there is no hypothication.

ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-untitled.png
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 16:17   #198
BHPian

I recently got the hypothecation removed for my swift since I have closed the car loan. Please refer to the details below:

Place:
Transport office, Vasant Vihar (DL12)

Timings:
08.30 till 01.00 on weekdays
08.30 till 11.00 on Saturdays - Second Saturday is a holiday

Documents submitted:
1) Form 35 - 2 copies original
2) No Objection Certificate - original
3) Registration Certificate - original
4) Insurance - copy attested by the notary
5) If your address is changed, then a copy of address proof attested by the notary

Process:
Reach there at 8.30 so you don't have to fight the rush. Walk into counter no 8, head clerk, who is in-charge of updating the RC (smart card). Submit all the documents. You will be required to pay Rs.100 as the fee. Remember to collect the receipt and keep it safe to collect your RC later. That's it. You are done!

You will be asked to come after 20 days to collect the RC. But in my case, I went there in 10 days and got mine. They didn't issue a new one, but simply updated the old RC, since in Delhi it is a smart card.

It really is as simple as that. For the same work, my Maruti dealer, Rana Motors demanded 2500rs!!!. I decided to get it done myself and I paid nothing more than 100rs; that too legal. I spent barely 10 minutes. A commission of 500 or even until 1000 is fine. But a whopping 2400rs is totally outrageous!! Contrary to the popular belief that any work connected to the government office is tedious, the situation on the ground (at least in my case) was totally different! I strongly recommend you to avoid involving the agents for such work unless your situation demands otherwise.
ganeshsp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 13:59   #199
BHPian

Can someone guide me process for Hypo removal in Faridabad and their experiences. Will be post new RC to my home address or I have to collect it. Also from where I can get Form 35.
Old 11th June 2014, 17:51   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyrana View Post
Can someone guide me process for Hypo removal in Faridabad and their experiences. Will be post new RC to my home address or I have to collect it. Also from where I can get Form 35.
Form 35 will be provided by your bank from where you have taken the finance. Make sure to collect 2 Form 35's in original, along with the No Objection Certificate. Also ask for your loan statement copy and confirm that the balance is zero.

As far as the hypothecation removal process is concerned, I recently got my hypothecation removed. Although it was in DL, the process, however, is same across the country. The charges may vary of course. I did this without involving the agents, and it has cost me just 100rs. My assumption is, it should not cost above 500. Just a piece of advice; don't go through agents unless it is absolutely unavoidable!

Good luck!
Old 12th June 2014, 12:07   #201

I dont know if this thing suits the thread. Mods please merge to the appropriate thread. The thing is I have bought my car on loan. However the loan is on the name of my mother and the car is registered by my name. What could be the whole procedure and costs involved in transferring the RC in the name of my mother. The concerned RTO is Kalyan RTO as the car is registered there. I did visit an RTO agent who demanded 2050/- for the process. Help appreciated.
Old 3rd August 2014, 17:42   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshsp View Post
I recently got the hypothecation removed for my swift since I have closed the car loan. Please refer to the details below:

Place:
Transport office, Vasant Vihar (DL12)

Timings:
08.30 till 01.00 on weekdays
08.30 till 11.00 on Saturdays - Second Saturday is a holiday

Documents submitted:
1) Form 35 - 2 copies original
2) No Objection Certificate - original
3) Registration Certificate - original
4) Insurance - copy attested by the notary
5) If your address is changed, then a copy of address proof attested by the notary

Process:
Reach there at 8.30 so you don't have to fight the rush. Walk into counter no 8, head clerk, who is in-charge of updating the RC (smart card). Submit all the documents. You will be required to pay Rs.100 as the fee. Remember to collect the receipt and keep it safe to collect your RC later. That's it. You are done!

You will be asked to come after 20 days to collect the RC. But in my case, I went there in 10 days and got mine. They didn't issue a new one, but simply updated the old RC, since in Delhi it is a smart card.

It really is as simple as that. For the same work, my Maruti dealer, Rana Motors demanded 2500rs!!!. I decided to get it done myself and I paid nothing more than 100rs; that too legal. I spent barely 10 minutes. A commission of 500 or even until 1000 is fine. But a whopping 2400rs is totally outrageous!! Contrary to the popular belief that any work connected to the government office is tedious, the situation on the ground (at least in my case) was totally different! I strongly recommend you to avoid involving the agents for such work unless your situation demands otherwise.
I also went through a pleasant experience in the RTO near ITO. I however had to wait in the queue for over an hour. I also had to give Rs 370 for removing the hypothecation and issued a new smart card.

However, the pertinent question still remains: Isn't it high time the smart card was really made smart? For example, the removal of hypothecation could have been done on the old card (the data inside modified suitably) and given back to me. Why should I be charged for a new card?

In fact, the info reg. renewal of insurance (yearly) and even the pollution tests should be held by the card. This will also free us from the hassles of carrying thick insurance papers and the pollution control cert.

This may be off the topic under discussion, Administrator may consider starting a new thread on this topic, if he feels relevant.
Old 4th August 2014, 19:15   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasnb View Post
I dont know if this thing suits the thread. Mods please merge to the appropriate thread. The thing is I have bought my car on loan. However the loan is on the name of my mother and the car is registered by my name. What could be the whole procedure and costs involved in transferring the RC in the name of my mother. The concerned RTO is Kalyan RTO as the car is registered there. I did visit an RTO agent who demanded 2050/- for the process. Help appreciated.
Hi Shreyas -- Is there any particular reason you want to transfer the car to your mother's name? Legally the lender would not have any concern so long as they make you execute a valid hypothecation document.

Typically this might make sense in an unrelated party transaction where you have no interest in whether or not your mother's loan is repaid or the bank discharged. In such cases there might be the need to legally remain out of the transaction by transferring the car to the name of the borrower (instead of providing a third party security). In this case I'm presuming that it is not material to you if a charge (hypothecation) exists over this asset of yours to secure a loan to your mother (please correct me if I'm wrong). As such I see no benefit in transferring the car to her name. Please be mindful that after the loan is repaid you might want to transfer the car back to your name -- in such case do you want the record of ownership to reflect this?
Kumar R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 11:50   #204
Senior - BHPian

Recently I have submitted the application for removal of hypothetication of my car in Bangalore(west) RTO.

List of Documents Submitted:
1. NOC issued by the Bank
2. 2 copies of Form-35 issued by the Bank.
3. Copy of the Insurance Certificate.
4. Copy of the Emission Test Certificate.
5. Envelope with the To address written on it
6. Old Smart Card of Registration enclosed in a small plastic cover

Note: If you are paying yearly tax, then the recent tax paid challan is required along with the other documents.

RTO has a notice, which has all the list of documents which needs to be submitted ( IMO it is a good move considering the RTO officials will be busy and might not answer your queries. Also you can avoid brokers who are behind you as soon as you enter a RTO).

Once you have all the documents ready, you need to show this and pay a fee of 100/- with the subject as Cancellation of Hypothetication at the Fee counter, pin the challan with the documents and submit it.

The RTO official will validate the same and if everything is fine, an acknowledgement will be given.

I was informed, it would take 20 working days for the RC book to be delivered.

Will keep this thread updated once I receive my RC Book.
Old 6th August 2014, 15:43   #205
BHPian

I have a quick question. I have my RC hypothecated ( KL registered ). I am currently in Chennai. So is it possible to remove the hypothecation and get a TN RC directly?
Old 6th August 2014, 16:41   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
I have a quick question. I have my RC hypothecated ( KL registered ). I am currently in Chennai. So is it possible to remove the hypothecation and get a TN RC directly?
IMO you cannot do that, to get a different state RC you need to pay the road tax of that state which you are moving into. Also you need to get NOC from your KL RTO and it would take some time for the entire process to happen.

Refer this thread, this might help you.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 15:26   #207
BHPian

Re:RTO Hypothecation Removal Process -Khairatbad RTO,Hyderabad.

All,

After reading this thread i thought of getting the Hypothecation removed from the RC by myself as the Agent was quoting 1300 Rs to get this done, While the challan for this costs 435 Rs only.

Vehicle is registered at Khairatabad RTO, Hyderabad.

Documents that are needed

1. NOC issued by the Bank
2. 2 copies of Form-35 issued by the Bank.
3. Copy of the Insurance Certificate.
4. Copy of the Emission Test Certificate.
5. Original RC (Also get a small plastic cover, as the officer would ask to you to staple it along with the other documents.)
6. ID Proof photocopy and also carry original copy, this would be required for verification.

AndhraPradesh RTO Website does not provide any details of the list of documents and also lists the fees for Hypothecation removal as 100 Rs which is incorrect. it is 435 Rs. From 10.30 am the Officer would be available for document verification.

Process.

1. Get the documents Checked -- Reached RTO office at 9.30, queue started forming at 9:45 am, official came in at 10.35 am. I had all the documents. The only thing i did not carry was a small cover required to put the original RC and staple it to the set of Documents. (If you don't have one, you can buy one at the last shop in the campus.) He will sign the documents.
2. Verification by the Admin Officer : You would be asked to go to 2nd floor, the Administrative Officer would be seated on the first counter on the left hand side, he will verify the documents, he would sign it and also would ask you to sign the document along with the date and mobile number. he will write the counter number that you need to go to for making the payment.
3.Go to the counter as informed in step 2, make the payment, he will staple the receipts along with the documents and will give it back.
4. Go the Administrative Officer Counter (first counter on the left hand side), he will give you the receipt and will keep the rest of the documents.

It will take 7 days to receive the RC.

The whole process took 90 min for me,but when i was returning i saw the queue with atleast 60-70 people, just to get the documents verified it will take more than an hour.

So be there early in the morning if you want to get it done fast. Avoid Agents for sure.

Thanks
zaveed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 18:46   #208
BHPian

Got it done at Ghaziabad RTO today:

1) 2 x Form 35
2) NOC from bank addressed to RTO
3) Original RC
4) PUC and Insurance copy self attested
5) Address proof self attested, Passport, LIC receipt, Voter I card, Arms license etc
6) Envelope with 25Rs stamp affixed (40INR at the stalls outside)

Go to counter 16 first. The person will check, sign on the bunch and ask you to deposit the fee of 100inr, in cash. This will happen at counter 19. They will take the bunch of docs and the cash and ask you to stand aside. The receipt printing will take around 5-7 minutes. They will give you 2 copies of the receipt and the documents back. You need to take this again to the gentleman at counter 16. He will take back the documents, return a copy of the receipt and give you a time(mostly next day between 4-5PM) to collect the rc. You need to bring the receipt with you, while collecting the rc. This receipt also serves as temporary RC! No bribes, dalaals yes, but not too intrusive, ample photostat shops outside gates. Will collect the RC tomorrow and update again.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 16th October 2014 at 18:55.
Old 17th October 2014, 15:56   #209
BHPian

I got this done in Faridabad 2 weeks back.

Process here is somewhat different

You need to buy form and file from window on 1st floor for Rs 10.
Fill the forms. There is one form on which you get attested from bank you took loan otherwise RTO takes 15days extra to issue RC. As they send that document notification to Bank to verify that bank has actually issued NOC( May be one more step for extra security to check frauds)
In my case i went to bank and got this signed.

So documents needed here are

1. NOC from bank
2. 2 Form 35 from bank
3. Signed Document notification from bank which i got from RTO office
4. 1 Affidavit ( you can get it from any typist - 50 Rs for attesting 2 address proofs and affidavit along with typing)
5. 2 attested address proofs

Process-
1. Put all these documents in file and pay fees of Rs 120( Computer fees) to computer window
2. Rs 100 to Window 3 for HPA cancel fees
3. Then give this file to Window 7 , they will give you receipt
4. Collect RC on date mentioned in receipt from room on first floor near stairs

Total Cost

100 - HPA cancel fees
120- Computer fees
10- File charges
50- Affidavit
Total 280
+ Parking charges
Old 17th October 2014, 19:10   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Will collect the RC tomorrow and update again.
Done: no hassles, except, had to look for the signing authority here and there. 3 minutes really. Thanks TBHP!

Total Cost: Priceless, due to the experience gained!

Most Viewed