Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2014, 17:46   #226
VKS
BHPian

I need to get a Non - Utilization certificate for my Car NOC .
NOC was issued in January 14 from Hyderabad to Chennai RTO.Can someone please let me know the procedure for getting it ?
Old 2nd November 2014, 19:10   #227
Senior - BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
See my answers in bold.
Thanks much. Two more queries:
  • What is the total expense involved?
  • I understand that RTO would send the RC smart card back to me by post. How much time does it typically take?

Thanks again...
Old 2nd November 2014, 22:58   #228
Senior - BHPian

Again my answers in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
  • What is the total expense involved?
    - Total expense would be around 120/-. Please find the breakup below:
    100/- - Fees for Hypothecation Removal in RTO
    15/- - Envelope to send your RC back
    5/- - For plastic cover to insert your RC card while submitting
  • I understand that RTO would send the RC smart card back to me by post. How much time does it typically take?
    - For me it took exactly 15 days. 15th day the RC card was back in my home.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 10:01   #229
BHPian

Went to Electronic City (KA-51) RTO yesterday to remove hypothecation on my Liva and had a pleasant experience.

Documents required :

1. Original smart card enclosed in a transparent cover.
2. Original copies of Form 35 issued by bank, duly signed by the owner.
3. Original NOC from bank.
4. Photocopy of insurance.
5. Photocopy of PUC certificate.
6. Self addressed cover with Rs.17/- stamp.

Thanks to this thread I had collected all the documents beforehand. The transparent cover and postal cover with Rs.17/- stamp were bought from a shop near to the office itself. Walked inside and noticed help desk for non transport vehicles. Handed over the documents to the person sitting there. He verified the documents, scribbled a few words on them and asked me to pay Rs.100/- at cash counter, and then hand over the documents and cash receipts to the lady sitting a few seats next to him. Cash counters were relatively empty and paid the money in no time. I attached the cash receipts together with the documents and waited for my turn at the designated counter. There were only 2-3 persons ahead of me. She made an entry in a register with a reference number, vehicle owner name and vehicle number. The same reference number was written in an acknowledgment receipt and handed it over to me. She told it would take around 20 days to receive my smart card.

Total time spent inside the office : 20 minutes
Total cost : Rs.133/- (Rs.30/- for the postal cover, Rs.3/- for the transparent cover and Rs.100/- hypothecation removal fee)
Edwardanto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2014, 14:03   #230
Senior - BHPian

Can I go to any RTO in Bangalore for this process or I must necesserily go to the one which is pertaining to my vehicle's regn. no.?
Old 15th November 2014, 22:06   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post
Hi Shreyas -- Is there any particular reason you want to transfer the car to your mother's name? Legally the lender would not have any concern so long as they make you execute a valid hypothecation document.

Typically this might make sense in an unrelated party transaction where you have no interest in whether or not your mother's loan is repaid or the bank discharged. In such cases there might be the need to legally remain out of the transaction by transferring the car to the name of the borrower (instead of providing a third party security). In this case I'm presuming that it is not material to you if a charge (hypothecation) exists over this asset of yours to secure a loan to your mother (please correct me if I'm wrong). As such I see no benefit in transferring the car to her name. Please be mindful that after the loan is repaid you might want to transfer the car back to your name -- in such case do you want the record of ownership to reflect this?
Sorry Sir. Didn't get the time to login to the forum. As of now I have changed the name on my RC since the bank said that on repayment of the loan there could be issues while giving NOC if the car is not in the name of the person under whose name the loan has been sanctioned. Anyways, thanks and appreciate your reply.
Cheers.
Old 24th November 2014, 11:31   #232
BHPian

Hypothecation cancellation
I have given my smart card on the 3rd Nov 2014. Got a confirmation SMS on the 6th. But since then no sight of the new card. How can i follow up on this? -the agent says it takes over a month to receive by post?
Old 2nd December 2014, 17:16   #233
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I understand that the original RC card is handed back once the HYP is canceled. Do we also get any additional documentation etc. as a proof that this action has been taken? Needless to say, I have no way to check the chip of the smart card to validate this.

Cheers...
Old 2nd December 2014, 17:27   #234
BHPian

HI All

I had sold my AP-09 registered car. My car loan had already been closed and i got the NOC along with Form-35 etc from the bank (HDFC) and handed it over to the new owner so that he can get the hypothecation removed from hyderbad RTO. But on submitting it he was apparently told that the registered owner has to personally come and sign in front of the RTA. Initially we thought it was an excuse for some bribe but they are insisting on this and the agent is saying there is nothing that he can do. i am currently in Mumbai and going for this is something which i would like to avoid. Can the experts let me know if there exist such a requirement in Hyderabad
Old 8th December 2014, 10:08   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwardanto View Post
Went to Electronic City (KA-51) RTO yesterday to remove hypothecation ...
Received my smart card on last Friday (05-12-2014) by speed post. Took exactly 29 days to get it after submitting at the RTO. All in all a very satisfactory experience.
Old 8th December 2014, 10:24   #236
BHPian

I had sold my AP-09 registered car. My car loan had already been closed and i got the NOC along with Form-35 etc from the bank (HDFC) and handed it over to the new owner so that he can get the hypothecation removed from hyderbad RTO. But on submitting it he was apparently told that the registered owner has to personally come and sign in front of the RTA. Initially we thought it was an excuse for some bribe but they are insisting on this and the agent is saying there is nothing that he can do. i am currently in Mumbai and going for this is something which i would like to avoid. Can the experts let me know if there exist such a requirement in Hyderabad

Sorry for bumping up my post but can anyone with experience of a similar situation let me know if the owner really required to be physically present to sign the documents in front of the RTA in Hyderabad. Any help will be much appreciated
Old 8th December 2014, 15:31   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
I had sold my AP-09 registered car. My car loan had already been closed and i got the NOC along with Form-35 etc from the bank (HDFC) and handed it over to the new owner so that he can get the hypothecation removed from hyderbad RTO............ Any help will be much appreciated
What you were told is correct, owner needs to be available there in person to have the form submitted to have the HT removed, at the first stage where they check all the documents he will verify if you are the owner or not and after that you will asked to go to another counter where you need to sign.

Having said that if you have any contacts in the RTO this might be completed without your presence.

Thanks
zaveed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 12:47   #238
BANNED

When I got the HP removed from my old car, I signed all the forms and handed it over to a friend, whose friend was a RTO agent. I did not do anything after this and nor did I visit the RTO. I got the RC card in about a weeks time after this. This was in Bangalore.

Why don't you try giving a authorization letter and a self attested copy of one of your ID proof to the new owner so that he can try with the RTO with them. Also mention to them the reason why you cannot visit in person.
If everything else fails, you owe it to the person whom you sold the car, to visit the RTO personally and get this done with.
Old 10th December 2014, 21:17   #239
BHPian

Do I need to visit the same RTO to get the hypothecation removed? I am from Chennai and have a TN 20 registered vehicle (I think Poonamalee). Can I visit any of the other RTOs and get the removal done?
Old 24th December 2014, 15:39   #240
BANNED

IS the envelop with Rs.17 worth of stamp absolutely necessary? On the RTO website it says the documents can be collected on the same day. Has anyone ever tried this?

http://rto.kar.nic.in/hpa-hptcss.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks