Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2015, 09:08   #271
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Same situation at Pune RTO. No clue for delivery of the "new" RC. For me, its been close to 2 months now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta1.6 View Post
Just came back from Pune RTO (near Sangam Bridge). I had went to get my hypothecation removed.

Documents required:
1) Form 35 - Original - 2 copies
2) NOC Issued by Bank - Original - 1 copy
3) PUC Xerox copy - 1
4) Insurance Xerox copy - 1
5) RC book - Original - 1

Affix your photo and write your mobile number on NOC. Hand over these documents to person seating at counter no. 15. After this, pay a fee of 150/- to the next counter (dont remember the no., but it is adjacent to the counter no. 15. ). Get the receipt and you are done. The new RC will arrive at your address in 15 days. The whole process took exactly 30 minutes.
Thanks JoshMachine, I did the exact same procedure on July 31, 2015. The glitch was that I had my old address on the RC & I didn't change that even after realising that the new RC would be sent by speed post.

I received a SMS on 18-Aug-2015 from RTO saying that the new RC has been send via Speed Post. After a couple of weeks, I went to the old address & checked with the neighbour if they received my RC since the old flat was not unoccupied & they responded in negative. So I had to go back to RTO for further process.

After multiple delays, I went to RTO on 16-OCT-2015 & here's what I did:
1> Went to first floor & joined the "RC Returned by Post" queue
2> The RTO guy gave me my Speed Post tracking number (Checked via internet & the tracking said Delivered to RTO but an agent there insisted to check in GPO since if the RC was with RTO, they wouldn't give Speed Post Tracking number)
3> Went to GPO (Sadhu Vasvani Chowk, Camp)
4> Go to Speed Post Delivery Section, there's a RC section separately
5> Submitted Challan & ID Proof Xerox & made an entry in the register & got the RC [Surprise: The new RC is once again a Paper Copy & not a Smart Card (Pune RTO).]
6> Went back to RTO, spoke to an agent to get an idea of the next process & Agent said that this change was implemented about 6-7 months ago. This applies to new cars too.

Can somebody else confirm this too?

Docs required:
If RC with Post Office:
You must carry the Hypothecation Removal Challan.
1 ID Proof Xerox

If RC with RTO (Also you need to give a written application or Form to collect RC in person on the ground floor):
You must carry the Hypothecation Removal Challan.
1 Photograph
2 address proofs xerox
DevendraG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 09:57   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevendraG View Post
5> Submitted Challan & ID Proof Xerox & made an entry in the register & got the RC [Surprise: The new RC is once again a Paper Copy & not a Smart Card (Pune RTO).]
6> Went back to RTO, spoke to an agent to get an idea of the next process & Agent said that this change was implemented about 6-7 months ago. This applies to new cars too.

Can somebody else confirm this too?
For my new car, dealer told me that I will only get a "paper" from RTO. Smart cards are not being issued these days
Old 21st October 2015, 13:40   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
For my new car, dealer told me that I will only get a "paper" from RTO. Smart cards are not being issued these days
Yes, we just received the "paper". It doesn't get cheaper than this.
Old 26th October 2015, 16:51   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
Till date I have not received my new registration!
I have personally visited the RTO office in Andheri(Mumbai) on the 29th Jan 2015. (as agents had been banned from entering)

All I received at that time is a "Vehicle Information" certificate for which I had to pay 50/-.
I had been assured that the "New" smart card wold be received in about a month!
It is now 9 months adequate time to have had a baby!!
Hi - Even I had a similar experience. Funnily, for the same home address, I have my car with a MH02 number plate (Andheri West RTO) but my bike has a MH03 registration (Dadar RTO - erstwhile Wadala I guess).

Let me start with the car experience. Submitted the hypothecation removal application in person (along with supporting documentation) in March 2015. Radio silence followed for the next 5 months since there is no way of tracking the status with the slip of paper you get. Eventually went to the RTO office in September and the response I got was "please visit the server room, it looks like they forgot to print your RC book!!!!". Now, you don't expect to get an answer to WHY that happened. So, requested the lady there to send me the RC book ASAP. Now the fun begins. I get an SMS from RTO next day saying RC book has been dispatched. 3 days pass - no RC book (or paper). Went to post office and they ask for speed post tracking number (which RTO does not provide in the SMS - just in case you were wondering). Visit post office for the next 3 days and keep requesting them to check if there is any speed post with my name on it. Response: NEGATIVE.

So, wait for 10 more days and visit RTO again. The lady says that the speed post has been returned to RTO and it can be collected only on Tuesday or Friday (between 10 and 2) - not before - not after. So I end up going again on friday and after a little bit of running around (and payment of Rs. 50 again!!!) I get the returned post. The envelope has a note saying "Insufficient address!!!" (which was true.. who ever typed the address did a half hearted effort) - All the while I am guessing, isn't the address already with RTO to just print it out.

Similar story with the bike. Got the SMS 3 months later saying the speed post has been sent 3 months ago!!! After a tiring search, I eventually found out that the speed post never left the source post office for almost 3 months!!

Moral of the Story: If you have applied for the new RC book (paper), for whatever reason, it is considered wise to follow up with the RTO (by personally visiting the premises) at regular intervals to ensure you get what is rightfully yours. All the best :-)
ABS9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 16:34   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I think it will be delivered in-hand. they wont leave it in your letter box if nobodys home. I think you have to sign the delivery as well. Maybe a check mechanism to make sure it is delivered to the right person.
Got the RC delivered today! Took exactly 40 days.

Sigh of relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilp View Post
Yes, we just received the "paper". It doesn't get cheaper than this.
First it was the booklet, then smart card and now paper?

You mean literally paper? So, you need to get it laminated to preserve it? or is it some kind of durable paper?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd November 2015 at 16:56. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote feature (QUOTE +) to quote and respond to multiple posts.
Old 2nd November 2015, 16:43   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Yes, I felt the same when I saw it. This is "cheapness" at a completely new low. The paper quality is slightly better than newsprint. More of the typical government receipt variety. It won't last long without care.

I haven't laminated it as yet, since many entities (especially Government) create issues about its authenticity once the lamination goes on.
anilp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 16:54   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I felt the same when I saw it. This is "cheapness" at a completely new low. The paper quality is slightly better than newsprint. More of the typical government receipt variety. It won't last long without care.

I haven't laminated it as yet, since many entities (especially Government) create issues about its authenticity once the lamination goes on.
That's bad. There will be too many owners who would want a duplicate after a certain period (as it's always advised to carry the original copy of the RC and more chances of it wearing off). Then the RTO will again charge bucks.
Old 2nd November 2015, 19:48   #278
BHPian

Quote:

You mean literally paper? So, you need to get it laminated to preserve it? or is it some kind of durable paper?
Yup, it's a paper (not a A4 though). There are some signatures required on the RC to make it valid (atleast that's what it says on it). I haven't got it clarified yet. However, if that's true, I would suggest laminating it only after it's completely valid & the lamination is of good quality which'll last.

Just FYI, I've heard of some RTO's use the paper strategy while they're undergoing some changes. It's my wild guess that since RTO's are implementing RFID, maybe they want to simplify things or maybe even implement a few new ones.
DevendraG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 08:44   #279
BHPian

Quote:
That's bad. There will be too many owners who would want a duplicate after a certain period (as it's always advised to carry the original copy of the RC and more chances of it wearing off). Then the RTO will again charge bucks.
I'm storing it in a transparent plastic cover for the time being. No need it take it out unless demanded specifically. And hoping that they give us a chance to replace it with a smart card or at least the old book type.
anilp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 21:38   #280
BHPian

This thread saved my wife from being conned of 2000rs by an agent at RTO Indiranagar Bangalore,it took an hour for me due to the weekend rush and since I skipped one document which I had to get redone,but the step by step process was:
1)Go to room no 13 ,Counter 9 with below documents:
a)FORM35 copies and NOC
b)RC in a pouch
c)Self addressed speed post envelope(sold @30rs with stamps on it)
d)Insurance(Make sure it is valid for the next 2 months to be safe)
e)Emission Control certificate copy

The lady checked the docs,and asked me to pay 100INR @Room no 1 and then revisit Room 13 to submit the docs at counter no .7.
2)Stood in the queue to pay 100 INR and got the receipt
3)Pinned all docs together and submitted at counter 7 in room 13 ,got an acknowledgement slip and a verbal wait time of 30 days

Total expense:100+30INR
Time:15 minutes(I took 1 hr which could have been saved,had i not missed the emission copy and pinned docs together /got a plastic pouch to keep RC in)

Agent quoted Price:2000INR(16 times the cost)

Lesson Learnt:Beware of Agents..Follow Team BHP

P.S:my RC did not have any hypothecation details mentioned on it,still went and closed the same..
Thanks Team BHP
Old 23rd November 2015, 18:43   #281
BHPian

I will be submitting my RC book tomorrow for hypothecation removal to the RTO. I will also be getting my booktype DL converted to card type. For this I have to submit my original license also. I need to drive to Tirupati on Thursday. Is it sufficient to carry copies of the license and RC book?
Old 23rd November 2015, 20:19   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
I will be submitting my RC book tomorrow for hypothecation removal to the RTO. I will also be getting my booktype DL converted to card type. For this I have to submit my original license also. I need to drive to Tirupati on Thursday. Is it sufficient to carry copies of the license and RC book?
The rules insist that you carry the original RC and other documents with you. So the cops can create problems if they want. Do you have any receipt or acknowledgment that you can carry along?
anilp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 20:47   #283
BHPian

Quote:
The rules insist that you carry the original RC and other documents with you. So the cops can create problems if they want. Do you have any receipt or acknowledgment that you can carry along?
Need to ask them to provide me with some acknowledgement. Isn't it ridiculous that the RTO retains the license and RC book for a month and the police insists that we carry the original license and RC?
Old 3rd December 2015, 13:13   #284
BHPian

Hi All,

Submitted the hypothecation removal application in the KR Puram, Bangalore RTO today. Reached the place around 9:45am and was back home by 12noon. Costed only Rs. 135/- in all

RTO charges: 100
File charges: 35

The documents needed are:
  • Registration certification (smart card)
  • Current insurance copy
  • Emission test certificate
  • Form 35 in duplicate
  • NOC from bank (this is a letter that they give)

On reaching the RTO go to the nearby shop and get the following
  • A file
  • Tag to tie the documents together
  • A small pouch in which you place your RC smart card

Procedure:
  • Put all the necessary documents neatly in the file and go to Floor2, room3 (on the left after climbing the stairs)
  • Submit all documents to the person sitting right opposite to the door. He will verify all documents and ask you to go and make the payment of Rs. 100 at the cash counter on the ground floor. Before this you have to go to another officer who checks something on the system before asking you to proceed.
  • Go to the cash counter on the ground floor, pay Rs. 100 and collect the challan. Tie both the challans along with the other documents and go back to the 2nd floor
  • On the 2nd floor, get everything verified from the same person (opposite to the main door). He will put his signatures after verification
  • Proceed to the another officer (the above officer will let you know whom) who will take the application and give you an acknowledgement.

That is all that needs to be done

Last edited by rohanak1 : 3rd December 2015 at 13:15.
Old 6th December 2015, 09:06   #285
BHPian

I recently did mine in KR Puram and the process is exactly the same as described above by rohanak1

Would like to add one extra bit regarding change of address.
Mine was registered in KR Puram but my current address falls under Electronic City RTO office. I had first visited EC, but they directed me to KR Puram.

In KR Puram, the official asked me not to mention to anyone about the address change but have the new address in the envelope you provide. Address change can take more time as per him.

Also if you are having RC in book form, you will have to pay for the smart card and also provide a bio-metric in ground floor. You will be directed for this.

After closing the loan about 6 years ago, I did the process about 15-20 days back and received the SC RC book yesterday.

Most Viewed