Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2019, 09:31   #451
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
Can we change address and remove hypothecation together in 1 visit?

I am talking about no change in RTO, only address in Bangalore.
I am in the same situation. Did you manage to get this done together?
Old 10th November 2019, 11:39   #452

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post
What documents are accepted as address proof for hypothecation removal in Bangalore RTO (Electronic City RTO in particular)? I am struggling to get this information from the RTO website but couldn't find any?

Are any documents accepted apart from Aadhaar, Passport, Voter ID? Is rental agreement accepted?
Aadhar is readily accepted.

As regards the question of whether change of address can be done at the time of removal of hypothetication, it is very much possible. All you need to enclose a valid address proof along with the list of documents.
Old 30th November 2019, 15:11   #453
BHPian

I had cleared my bank loan on the car and applied for new RC to remove bank hypothecation a year back. I also got the new RC which didnt have a mention of bank hypothecation.

However, I never noticed that the reissued RC is not listing my car number (registration number).

My car is registered to Hyderabad and currently in my hometown at Karnataka, as I moved overseas.

Can anyone please advice on how to get this issue resolved.

Last edited by Eyas337 : 30th November 2019 at 15:13. Reason: Typo correction
Old 30th December 2019, 15:03   #454
Senior - BHPian

I want to remove hypothecation from my car's RC in Delhi. It is registered in my father's name, so will it require my father to visit RTO to get that done or I can get it done with all relevant documents.

Also, the car is DL-4C registered (Janakpuri RTO) IIRC, so do I have to visit this RTO only or any RTO in Delhi will do the needful.

Any idea about the timelines for this process and cost in Delhi these days?
Old 30th December 2019, 16:22   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Any idea about the timelines for this process and cost in Delhi these days?
Check my post on page 25, it has step by step instructions.
For just in case scenario get an NOC signed by your father in your name or whoever is visiting the RTO as it depends who is sitting.
revvharder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 17:30   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Now you need to wait for 20 - 25 days and then check the status of your application at the same website on step 1 and the hypothecation will be removed from your vehicle's record.There was no need of any agent and the process at RTO took only 15 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Check my post on page 25, it has step by step instructions.
For just in case scenario get an NOC signed by your father in your name or whoever is visiting the RTO as it depends who is sitting.
Thanks for the pointer. The process listed by you appears to be fairly simple.

The only thing that concerns me is the time duration of 15-20 days!

I want to remove hypothecation from RC, so will be submitting the existing RC to them along with relevant documents. But 15-20 days wait time for getting the new RC issued is a problem as I have to sell off my car.

Also, for collecting new RC, do we have to again visit RTO or is it couriered to us?
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 17:53   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Also, for collecting new RC, do we have to again visit RTO or is it couriered to us?
Most probably it will be couriered to the registered address. Though for confirmation you can visit the RTO and as soon as you will climb the stairs there will be a booth with one or two people sitting, they can clear the query.

Last edited by revvharder : 30th December 2019 at 17:54.
Old 6th January 2020, 15:57   #458
BHPian

Quote:
What documents are accepted as address proof for hypothecation removal in Bangalore RTO (Electronic City RTO in particular)? I am struggling to get this information from the RTO website but couldn't find any?

Are any documents accepted apart from Aadhaar, Passport, Voter ID? Is rental agreement accepted?
Managed to submit hypothecation removal and address change for my car at Electronic City RTO (KA51). Steps as below.

1. Applied online through Parivahan for Hypothecation Termination (HPT) and address change

2. Payment done online

3. Payment receipt generated along with forms Form 35 (HPT) and Form 33 (Address Change). Printed 2 copies of each of these documents.
Note.: If Form 35 generated online in Parivahan can be ignored and the Form 35 issued by the Bank/Financier can be used in duplicate. Verify the details in both Form 35 and 33 and sign at the designated places

4. Booking appointment online for KA51 was not available. I did a walk-in two days later. This RTO is open on Saturdays as well

5. Visited RTO at 9.45am along with the following documents. All these documents are to be stapled or tied together. No file is required.
- Payment Receipt
- Form 35 two copies
- Insurance copy
- Emission Certificate
- Form 33 one copy
- Address Proof (HR letter from company)
- Affidavit for Address Proof (Not required if Aadhaar, Passport, Voter ID, Ration Card, Telephone Bill or LIC Policy is submitted for Address Proof)
- Self addressed envelope with stamps for Rs. 18 (Got it from a shop near the RTO)
- Original RC card in zip lock bag
- RC photocopy (For acknowledgement)

6. Went directly to the Non-Transport Section (Room No.5)

7. The superintendent started collecting the applications at 10.30am. After verification, was asked to pay Rs. 75 at the payment counter and collect a sticker

8. Stapled the sticker and got final verification signature from the superintendent

9. Moved to next table to enter the application in computer

10. Once entered in system, was asked to move to another table for final submission. All documents were verified once again and the application was given a running number from the manual register. Application was collected and acknowledgement was given on the RC photo copy along with a tentative date for processing the application

Will update further once the application is processed!!!
Old 6th January 2020, 16:52   #459
BHPian

Anyone who has done hypothecation removal in Pune RTO recently ?

I need to remove hypothecation on my Pulsar and I needed to know what was the process and fees etc. I read this article on automotive forum -

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...une-rto.34149/

Is this up to date or are there any changes now ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 4th March 2020, 15:28   #460
BHPian

Well I have got the NOC from bank for the Vista. The lady who handed me the same told me that the procedure to remove hypothecation has changed. Now bank does not issue Form-35. You have to submit the NOC to RTO. RTO then downloads the Form-35.

This is the only information she had on this topic. I will update after going through the hoops soon.
Old 2nd April 2020, 16:39   #461
BHPian

Has anyone done termination of hypothecation in Coimbatore (TN38).

What is the process? Can I do it online?
Old 27th May 2020, 18:22   #462

Applied for hypothecation removal my car at KR Puram RTO (KA53). Thanks to all the messages in this forum; which made my job easy without any broker.

I have applied on 28-01-2020 and received my card today (27-05-2020). Thanks to lock-down. And one thing I want to tell everyone is I have received my old card itself instead of a new one. My previous card being a smart card might be the reason. I wonder if this is the case why do they want to collect in first place? Hope they improve in this aspect.
Old 27th May 2020, 18:31   #463
Senior - BHPian

They should have included a B extract (summary printout of your smart card) mentioning the changes made, keep that along with the old smartcard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen4ru View Post
Applied for hypothecation removal my car at KR Puram RTO (KA53). Thanks to all the messages in this forum; which made my job easy without any broker.

I have applied on 28-01-2020 and received my card today (27-05-2020). Thanks to lock-down. And one thing I want to tell everyone is I have received my old card itself instead of a new one. My previous card being a smart card might be the reason. I wonder if this is the case why do they want to collect in first place? Hope they improve in this aspect.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 19:53   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
Has anyone done termination of hypothecation in Coimbatore (TN38).

What is the process? Can I do it online?

It is pretty simple now. I could do it without taking help from any brokers.

Documents required:
a. 2 copies of Form 35 duly signed by the owner of the car and the bank manager (financier) - The form will be generated online once fee payment is complete.
b. Letter from Bank saying the loan is closed and they do not have objection for removal of hypothecation
c. Copy of online fee payment
d. Self attested Pollution Under Control certificate copy
e. Self attested Insurance copy
f. Original RC book

Process:
1. Just visited this website https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...homepage.xhtml
2. Given the vehicle number and moved on
3. Selected hypothecation termination option
4. Provided last 5 digits of Chassis and generated OTP using mobile
5. Terminated the hypothecation by paying 200/- for smart RC and 25/- service charge
6. After payment, the portal generated Form 35 pre-filled with my car number and the fee paid receipt
7. Took the Form 35 2 copies to bank and got signature from the Manager
8. The Manager also handed over a letter addressing to RTO stating that the loan is closed and they do not have objection for hypothecation removal
9. Went to an authorized pollution centre to do a pollution check as it is a mandatory document for hypothecation removal (These guys robbed at the pollution testing centre where they charged 200/- when the certificate generated and the sms I got had just 60/-. When enquired he showed me some paper cutting where the association is asking for a hike. But there was no approval from RTO for that. Wrote an email to Traffic commissioner and as expected no reply. However, I got 1 year valid PUC.)
10. Went to RTO office and submitted Original RC, self attested Pollution certificate copy, self attested insurance copy, Form 36 copies , Bank letter and online portal fee paid receipt
11. No acknowledgement was given from the RTO and I was little worried what if they later tell that I have not given those hard copies just in case if they misplace. I was just told to come and collect the card after 15 days.

June 1, 2020 the copies were handed over to the RTO. Later on I kept monitoring the vahan portal for status update using my application number. On 3rd June, I saw my application was approved. June 7th the status was RC smart card printing. June 14th status updated to RC smart card printed. I went on 15th June 2020 to RTO but I was told it will come only after 2 days. Today on 26th June I went and collected the RC smart card. They also returned 1 copy of Form 35 for my reference, Bank letter and previous RC paper. The old paper RC they have put a seal saying that the smart RC is issued and the hypothecation was struck off. The new smart RC has blank in place of financier.

The smart RC looks nice and is prone for misplacement if not safely kept! I am going to keep it in a safe place and use DigiLocker for any police verification.

The entire process was hassle free and most of them were friendly at the TN38 Coimbatore North RTO.

Last edited by deemash : 26th June 2020 at 20:11.
deemash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 14:05   #465
BHPian

Bangalore East(KA-3)-Hypothecation Removal

After getting the NOC and Form35 (2 copies) from the bank yesterday I went to the RTO office today around 10:15 am.

There was a queue outside the main gate as the staff had not arrived yet.

After waiting for 20 minutes around 10:35 am the gates were opened.

The Guard performed the temp checks and ensured that everyone sanitised their hands.

Due to COVID, they are not allowing anyone to enter the premises unless it's absolutely necessary.

At the shutter gate, they have set up a Kiosk where the documents are being checked and a receipt is being given.

For the majority of tasks, the above process is being followed.

Thanks to the forum members for sharing the process which saved me a lot of time.

The following documents were taken from me:-

1.2 copies of the Form35 signed and stamped from the bank(Both Originals) along with online payment receipt.

Please note that I took the printout of the regular Form35 online and NOT the one which is generated post payment of 200 rupees.

I had doubts if they will accept it but I found the only addition required was to mention the Registering authority as (Bangalore East RTO) and the Application number on top of the page.

The application number is generated after making the online payment

Online payment was successful in the very first attempt.

2.Third-party Insurance Copy

3.Pollution Certificate copy

4.NOC from Bank

5. Original RC in the pouch provided.

6. Green Envelope with the stamps on and your name & address should be mentioned before submitting

Strangely the following documents were returned back to me:-

1.OD Insurance policy
2.Aadhaar Copy
3.Driving License Copy

It took me approx 20 minutes to get the documents verified post which I was handed over the receipt.
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-20200630_120327.jpg  

ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-20200630_105738.jpg  

ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide-capture.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th June 2021 at 19:51. Reason: Old post - but making a small change as it was breaking the page on mobile :)
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed