Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2013, 00:48   #31

Re: ARTICLE: Sunroofs. India-specific Use and Maintenance Tips

Excellent article! I have been trying to keep the sunroof in my car in good shape following all the Do's suggested in this article.

However, the slide function just would not work since Saturday on my car. I am unsure of why this has happened in the first place, as I drive my car alone 98% of the times and there is no reason why it should act up this way. The complete open/close function is still working fine though without a hitch.

I checked for all possible causes for foreign particles clogging the slide channels/pivots in vain. Handed over the car to the service station on Sunday for inspection. The service advisor(SA) called me back on Monday only to say that this is the first time he has received this kind of a complaint for sunroof and that neither he nor his technicians have any prior experience with fixing sunroofs. SA wants to test every component related to the sunroof circuitry tomorrow.

I am sure my knowledgeable friends out here on the forum can surely help me. I am all ears.

Mods, please merge this post with an appropriate thread if this is not the right place where it belongs.
Old 7th May 2013, 12:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

Is there an aftermarket sunroof fitter in Delhi area ? I would like to fit one between the first and second row seats in my Bolero.
Old 7th May 2013, 13:14   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Is there an aftermarket sunroof fitter in Delhi area ? I would like to fit one between the first and second row seats in my Bolero.
This should be helpful - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...sto-delhi.html
Old 27th February 2015, 18:46   #34
BHPian

Nice write up !

Any tips or advice w.r.t cars that have a panoramic sunroof? Also what lubes to use for lubrication of the moving parts?
Old 16th March 2019, 01:05   #35
BHPian

Bugging an old thread, curious to know does the second glass of a panoramic sunroof open up in any car available in India. Usually it is the front glass which open and the rear one is fixed unit.
Old 7th July 2020, 15:40   #36
BHPian

Nice article.

I have a doubt.
How strong is the glass of the sunroof. My friend has an Audi Q3 and the Executive of Audi Showroom informed him that it can even withstand a coconut falling on it. Is this true?
Old 10th July 2020, 13:38   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
How strong is the glass of the sunroof. My friend has an Audi Q3 and the Executive of Audi Showroom informed him that it can even withstand a coconut falling on it. Is this true?
I see you too are from the South where we have as many, if not more, coconut trees as other normal trees. 😊. I'm not sure about the Audi salesman's claims, but when I park in a coconut tree infested area, I take great care to make sure I'm never under any coconut bunches on those trees. The glass is very strong on European cars I'm not willing to take on a falling coconut.
Moontan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 21:07   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Nice article.

I have a doubt.
A friend of mine parked his Volvo XC90 under a coconut tree. It cost him Rs 70000!
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 23:12   #39
BHPian

Hi can anyone here please suggest a lubricant/grease for the sunroof track? Mine is shuddering during closing. Thanks!
Old 7th December 2020, 09:28   #40
BHPian

I think this article should be linked with the all the new car reviews with a sunroof. Off late I found out that at least 50% of the cars with a Sunroof leak in the areas where it rains heavily , due to clogging of the drain and it's unavoidable due to the dusts, that gets accumulated in the sunroof area. Secondly, none of the manufacture has a periodic maintenance of sunroof listed in their regular service.
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks