Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2011, 13:22   #151
BHPian

Re: Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".

Just chanced upon this thread. Brilliant work with the restoration and it looks beautiful.
Wish you a lot of miles ahead and ofcourse a lot of envious riders :-)

Waiting for the final pics.
Old 27th October 2011, 20:46   #152
BHPian

Re: Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".

Hey Sushil, the scooter is going to turn a lot of heads when it is back on the road! Great job! Along with the scooter paint touch up and polish, also treat the tyres with some black polish. This will go a long way in enhancing the overall look of the scooter!

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.

Hi Rahul Bhai

Thank for the wishes . yes its looking awesome now. Still waiting for some cosmetic accesories to be attached , by them i will take care of the tyres as well.Waiting for your camera to be free. Will let you know on that front.

Just chanced upon this thread. Brilliant work with the restoration and it looks beautiful.
Wish you a lot of miles ahead and of course a lot of envious riders :-)

Waiting for the final pics.

Hi jaygeetee
Thanks for dropping in by the thread will surely post some nice pictures for you once taken. thanks for the compliments again.

Regards
Sushil Narayanan
Old 27th October 2011, 23:51   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushil_n79 View Post
Waiting for your camera to be free. Will let you know on that front.
Yes, you need to let me know when my camera can be at your service. My camera is always free as long as it is in my hands, but you never find the time to come down!
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2011, 11:43   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Well, my mission of procuring the trapezoidal handle took a surprisingly unexpected turn! The shop owner who said that he had the handle lying in his godown initially quoted a price of about 500.00 to 600.00 which I thought was fair enough considering the fact that it was new old stock (NOS). He said that he had a gunny bag with 2-3 units. Finally he called me after 2 months and said that he had found one piece. But the price he quoted after he found the handle was ridiculous. He quoted a price of 1100.00. I politely refused. He budged a little and said that the last price would be 950.00. I clearly told him that he is quoting way beyond what he had initially promised and I declined the offer. I also enquired at a few other shops who said that they could "source" the handle but even the rates they quoted were ridiculous. They were quoting a price of around 1200.00. If one visits the scrap yard, I guess the handle can be got for anywhere between 400.00 to 700.00.

A few days later on a weekend, I happened to visit a school friend after a gap of nearly 15 years. While catching up with old times, the discussion of scooters and cars came up and that is when to my surprise he told me that he also had a Bajaj Super! He had also changed the handle bar from the trapezoidal one to a round one. But the best part was he had retained the trapezoidal handle bar even after selling the scooter 5 years back! When I told him that I was searching for one, he immediately opened the store room in his house and found it. He gifted me the trapezoidal handle bar and refused to charge for it!! What an unexpected but pleasant end in my search for a trapezoidal handle bar!! I was lucky to get the handle in time from him as it was on his list of things to dispose off when cleaning the house for Diwali!! Well, one man's Diwali scrap is another man's Diwali gift!!

I already had a spare trapezoidal head lamp assembly that I found in our garage. Need to check the current price in the market. Still need to go and pick up the speedometer.

Rahul Waghmare.
Hey Rahul,
Thats quite a story. I guess the god of Clasics and Vintages showered luck on you this Diwali. Especially the timing of you meeting your friend. I hope i get friends like that.
By the way is this handle going to fit on Super or Chetak? From the colour scheme (a version of red) i assumed it to be a chetak. A Tomato red scooter with buffed aluminium and chrome trims will definately be a stunner. All the best with your scooter.

Sushil,
Thanks for your wishes. Thats a very pretty gift you have got yourself for this Diwali. I am sure your father is very happy and proud.

Regards,
Priyadarshan
priyadarshan.b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2011, 13:53   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyadarshan.b View Post
By the way is this handle going to fit on Super or Chetak?
I do not own a Chetak. The handle will be fitted on my 1982 Bajaj Super. You can check out the pictures of the scooter on the following post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...ml#post2080175

Last edited by Scarlet_Rider : 28th October 2011 at 13:55.
Old 28th October 2011, 14:57   #156
BHPian

Quote:
I do not own a Chetak. The handle will be fitted on my 1982 Bajaj Super. You can check out the pictures of the scooter on the following post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...ml#post2080175
Oh sorry.. Now i remember that i have seen these pictures. She looks beautiful and clean.. Red is doing her well..
Old 28th October 2011, 22:57   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, you need to let me know when my camera can be at your service. My camera is always free as long as it is in my hands, but you never find the time to come down!

hey Rahul bhai, i will surely comedown once the scooter is ready and eligible to face your camera....just waiting for a few accessories to be complete.
however even otherwise will drop in some time.shall let you know when

Regards

Sushil Narayanan
Old 3rd November 2011, 19:33   #158
BHPian

Hi Everyone,
Today had a call from the mechanic informing me that the set of accessories which were due to be chromed will be back soon. I am sure with all of them fixed,the scooter should looking more shiny and classic.
I Will keep you all updated soon.
Regards
Sushil Narayanan

Last edited by sushil_n79 : 3rd November 2011 at 19:34. Reason: correction
Old 10th November 2011, 16:34   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everyone,
Today had a call from the mechanic informing me that the set of accessories which were due to be chromed will be back soon. I am sure with all of them fixed,the scooter should looking more shiny and classic.
I Will keep you all updated soon.
Regards
Sushil Narayanan

Sushil.. Where is the gleaming and shining new scooter?? we are waiting to see the final pictures.

Priyadarshan
Old 22nd November 2011, 23:28   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyadarshan.b View Post
Sushil.. Where is the gleaming and shining new scooter?? we are waiting to see the final pictures.

Priyadarshan
hi priyadarshan,
thanks for the reminder . Life has been really hectic for the last few weeks. the vehicle is now fully completed with all the accessories in place. will have the pictures uploaded for you soon.
waiting for my internet service to be back as i have just moved to a new area.
appreciate your patience.
regards
sushil Narayanan
Old 27th November 2011, 15:19   #161
BHPian

Hello everyone

I am back with the updates and have loads of pics for you all. a special thanks to Rahul Waghmare (Scarlet_Rider) for taking time out to help me out with the pics. without wasting further time here you go.
Priyadarshan bhai these are for you.

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-01.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-02.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-03.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-04.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-05.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-06.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-07.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-08.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-09.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-10.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-11.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-12.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-13.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-14.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-15.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-16.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-17.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-18.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-19.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-20.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-21.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-22.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-23.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-24.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-25.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-26.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-27.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-28.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-29.jpg

Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-30.jpg

Regards,

Sushil Narayanan
sushil_n79 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 15:51   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone

I am back with the updates and have loads of pics for you all. a special thanks to Rahul Waghmare (Scarlet_Rider) for taking time out to help me out with the pics. without wasting further time here you go.
Wow, congrats sushil! Great to see your '150' all done at last!! A real fine job indeed! What a transformation if we remember the 'before' pics.!
Old 27th November 2011, 16:07   #163
BHPian

Hello Folks!

On Friday, 25th November 2011, I went over to Sushil's place to see the fully restored Bajaj 150. I could not resist carrying my camera! It was a treat to the eyes! Congratulations to Sushil on successfully restoring his Father's Bajaj 150!

I usually avoid riding other's vehicles but Sushil insisted that I drive the scooter. And what a ride it was! The engine was smooth and will be even smoother as it clocks up more mileage!

Quote:
a special thanks to Rahul Waghmare (Scarlet_Rider) for taking time out to help me out with the pics
Hey Buddy, the pleasure was all mine! Thanks for the ride! The best part was people stopping by to see the scooter when we were taking the pictures! A real head turner! All the best and wishing you many happy (s)miles ahead!!

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 27th November 2011, 17:24   #164
BHPian

Fabulous job! This is more than worth all the time and effort put into the work. I'm waiting for the day I can restore my father's TVS Max100 to its pristine days.
Old 28th November 2011, 01:33   #165
BHPian

Hey Sushil, here is one picture that you forgot to post. You could call this picture a real head turner!
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".-99.jpg  

Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed