Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2011, 11:43   #166
BHPian

Re: Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushil_n79 View Post
Hello everyone

I am back with the updates and have loads of pics for you all. a special thanks to Rahul Waghmare (Scarlet_Rider) for taking time out to help me out with the pics. without wasting further time here you go.
Priyadarshan bhai these are for you.

Attachment 848158

Regards,

Sushil Narayanan

Hey Sushil,

She looks just great.. All your efforts, money and waiting has proved to be worthwhile when you look at the scooter. I think that she has come out to look even better than the original factory condition. Congratulations and wish you all the best..

Rahul, great job with the camera..

Regards,

Priyadarshan
priyadarshan.b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 19:03   #167
BHPian

Re: Restoration and The Untold story of Our Prized Possession "The 1974 Bajaj 150".

Quote:
Wow, congrats sushil! Great to see your '150' all done at last!! A real fine job indeed! What a transformation if we remember the 'before' pics.
Hi Stanher
Thankls for the compliments yes it took a while but i am happy that the outcome was better than what I ecpected indeed.

Quote:
Fabulous job! This is more than worth all the time and effort put into the work. I'm waiting for the day I can restore my father's TVS Max100 to its pristine days.
Hi Hellmet
Thanks for the compliments mate. I am really hppy that my efforts did not go waste. All the best to the restoration of your TVS Max 100. I am sure you will share its story with all of us soon.

Quote:
Hey Sushil, here is one picture that you forgot to post. You could call this picture a real head turner!
Hi Rahul bhai
Thanks for the complimets brother yes indded glad that it is giving a period look. thanks for the support and help.

Quote:
Hey Sushil,
She looks just great.. All your efforts, money and waiting has proved to be worthwhile when you look at the scooter. I think that she has come out to look even better than the original factory condition. Congratulations and wish you all the best..
Rahul, great job with the camera..
Regards,
Priyadarshan
Hi Priyadarshan,
Thanks for the compliments and for patiently encouraging me from time to time. well yes my mother also said the same thing as she had withnessed the scooter when it had just arrived in 1974. It was indeed a sentimental moment for her when she saw the scooter after completion of the project and in fact I am priviledged that she did the welcome puja for the scooter now also. The last time she did it was when My Father had bought it brand new. that was really an emotional momment for us.

Thanks and Regards
Sushil Narayanan

Last edited by karlosdeville : 29th November 2011 at 09:07. Reason: Fixing quotes
sushil_n79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 23:51   #168
BHPian

Its great to see the final result of hard work!
A hearty Congrats!
Old 29th November 2011, 14:28   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Its great to see the final result of hard work!
A hearty Congrats!

Hi there,
Thanks for the warm wishes appreciate it indeed
Regards
Sushil Narayanan
Old 29th November 2011, 22:48   #170
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sushil !

I've been seeing this thread since you started it, but not being knowledgeable on scooters, I haven't commented yet.

But today, I can't resist. What a job, mate - hats off to you
Your scoot's looking marvellous - probably the best Bajaj I've seen. You've restored her to the 'T' - down to the last detail.

May you enjoy miles and miles of unadulterated riding pleasure - and several 'thumb's up' s, nods of appreciation, and eyeballs popping out at traffic lights.

Good luck, and cheers !
Old 30th November 2011, 13:49   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Hi Sushil !

I've been seeing this thread since you started it, but not being knowledgeable on scooters, I haven't commented yet.

But today, I can't resist. What a job, mate - hats off to you
Your scoot's looking marvellous - probably the best Bajaj I've seen. You've restored her to the 'T' - down to the last detail.

May you enjoy miles and miles of unadulterated riding pleasure - and several 'thumb's up' s, nods of appreciation, and eyeballs popping out at traffic lights.

Good luck, and cheers !
Hello Superselect Sir,
Good Day,
First of all would like to thanks you for the compliments and the best wishes .Its indeed a pleasure for me to get feedback on the project from you. Yes in fact this project being really close to my heart has come-out really well. thanks to the support and encouragement from all and of course once agaon to team bhp for giving me an opportunity on the same .
Like some one said and I quote, restoration of a classic is a life long process and continues throughout .Therefore very soon I ll also be including in this thread a brief of all the experiences which I am facing after the completion of the project and also a strict maintenence schedule which can be a sort of ready reconer for anyone who goes through this thread.
Hope the moderators would be kind enough to let me include the same in here. as it will be helpful for nyone who takes up a complete restoration of their scooter and maintaining it thereafter.

Thanks and regards
Sushil Narayanan
Old 30th November 2011, 18:05   #172
BHPian

Hi Sushil_N79,

I was not following this thread earlier, one of the best restoration work I have seen, best quality paint finish. I am sure you have face lot of hardship behind the scene to get this quality job done.

My best wishes to you and the team who helped you. Look forward to hear your experience, now your Bajaj scooter is like showroom finish.
I used to have Priya in 80's, I imported Mikuni Carb and fix it, it gives
good mileage and work better than the old Carb.

BTW who is the painter, I am looking for some reliable painter for my car,
let me know by PM if possible.

Cheers!
Old 30th November 2011, 21:23   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Like some one said and I quote, restoration of a classic is a life long process and continues throughout .Therefore very soon I ll also be including in this thread a brief of all the experiences which I am facing after the completion of the project and also a strict maintenence schedule which can be a sort of ready reconer for anyone who goes through this thread.
I think it's a wonderful idea Sushil ! Waiting to see it Thanks !
In fact, maintenance dos and don'ts for a classic - based on real time experiences - would be something many of us can follow and make use of..
SuperSelect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 22:51   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone

I am back with the updates and have loads of pics for you all. a special thanks to Rahul Waghmare (Scarlet_Rider) for taking time out to help me out with the pics. without wasting further time here you go.
Priyadarshan bhai these are for you.
Regards,
Sushil Narayanan
Congrats Sir ji, it has come out very well and it reminds me of 1974 when my dad gave me this Bajaj 150, those days it was available in out of turn system (without booking) for Rs. 7200/-.
Kindly fill tose extra holes on the fan, since it looks you have redrilled new holes for the fan to be fixed to the magneto.
You may look for grommets from car ,auto rick shop to fill those holes and avoid damage to CB Points, Condensor etc.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 1st December 2011 at 09:28. Reason: Removing entire quote
Old 2nd December 2011, 14:39   #175
BHPian

Hi Sushil_N79,

I was not following this thread earlier, one of the best restoration work I have seen, best quality paint finish. I am sure you have face lot of hardship behind the scene to get this quality job done.

My best wishes to you and the team who helped you. Look forward to hear your experience, now your Bajaj scooter is like showroom finish.
I used to have Priya in 80's, I imported Mikuni Carb and fix it, it gives
good mileage and work better than the old Carb.

BTW who is the painter, I am looking for some reliable painter for my car,
let me know by PM if possible.

Cheers!

Hi There,
Thanks for the compliments . It was really nice to know your experiences with the priya. Do you still have it ? Let me know if you do and if i can be of any help on the same. Regarding the painter yes I have a middle aged muslim fellow who has been into painting business at least for the past 15-20 years. although he does painting work only on scooters , ocaasionaly for speacial clients of his he also works on heir cars. While restorainng the scooter just saw a Santro car being painted at his shop in 2K shade. If you are interested i can have a word with him on the same.
Looking forward to meeing you in person soon.

I think it's a wonderful idea Sushil ! Waiting to see it Thanks !
In fact, maintenance dos and don'ts for a classic - based on real time experiences - would be something many of us can follow and make use of..

Hi again Supereselect.
Thanks for the encouragement. in fact i have already started noting down my esperiences immediately after the project was completed in terms of vehicle performance and the future course of action. I am doing it on the basis of the kms covered till now so that it can be easy to refer to . Will post the data soon.

Congrats Sir ji, it has come out very well and it reminds me of 1974 when my dad gave me this Bajaj 150, those days it was available in out of turn system (without booking) for Rs. 7200/-.
Kindly fill tose extra holes on the fan, since it looks you have redrilled new holes for the fan to be fixed to the magneto.
You may look for grommets from car ,auto rick shop to fill those holes and avoid damage to CB Points, Condensor etc.

Hi Iqbalveerjee sir,
Thanks for the awesome compliments and was very happy to know about your visit down the memory lane and the nostalgic experiece that you had with the Bajaj150. Thanks for the same and also for reminding me about the holes in the fan will be addressed immeditely. Request you to throw some light on grommets from car ,auto rick shop to fill those holes. Please let me know what are they and how do they look?

Thanks and Regards
Sushil Narayanan
Old 3rd December 2011, 15:47   #176
BHPian

Hi Sushil_N79, thanks for your comments and kind assistance. We purchased Priya used one around Rs.10K, we painted sea green and change new tyres and services, it was nice scooter, later on my mechanic advise to get new carb. from Italy, so we imported from Saudi Arabia. So I got Mikuni Carb, which fits very well to Priya and result was very good performance. I drove this scooter at maximum speed, scooter can be driven on Tank Bund, now if I think about these speed it looks crazy. Even on highways I drove this Priya at high speed and it was smooth with excellent pickup. My younger causin was very much interested so we give him for peanuts about Rs.3000 in early 90's by that, we got new Chetak from showroom, but I regret loosing this nice Priya. Before Priya I used
to have Luna TFR, which was modified exactly like Yamaha 125SR.

I am based in Jeddah, during my last 2-3 vacations of one month, I tried to restore my Morris 8 E, during vacation of this year, I hired one Painter
who promised to complete my car I purchased all the paint worth Rs.16K.
But he cheated and left the job in the middle, I tried other 2 guys all also,
but these guys found to be cheaters. Now I have stop my incomplete project and return back to Jeddah. Please PM this painter contact details,
let think us about, I have other vintage cars for paint job.

All the best to your efforts and would look forward to meet you when in Hyd.

Regards,
vintagepoint5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 15:41   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagepoint5 View Post
Hi Sushil_N79, thanks for your comments and kind assistance. We purchased Priya used one around Rs.10K, we painted sea green and change new tyres and services, it was nice scooter, later on my mechanic advise to get new carb. from Italy, so we imported from Saudi Arabia. So I got Mikuni Carb, which fits very well to Priya and result was very good performance. I drove this scooter at maximum speed, scooter can be driven on Tank Bund, now if I think about these speed it looks crazy. Even on highways I drove this Priya at high speed and it was smooth with excellent pickup. My younger causin was very much interested so we give him for peanuts about Rs.3000 in early 90's by that, we got new Chetak from showroom, but I regret loosing this nice Priya. Before Priya I used
to have Luna TFR, which was modified exactly like Yamaha 125SR.

I am based in Jeddah, during my last 2-3 vacations of one month, I tried to restore my Morris 8 E, during vacation of this year, I hired one Painter
who promised to complete my car I purchased all the paint worth Rs.16K.
But he cheated and left the job in the middle, I tried other 2 guys all also,
but these guys found to be cheaters. Now I have stop my incomplete project and return back to Jeddah. Please PM this painter contact details,
let think us about, I have other vintage cars for paint job.

All the best to your efforts and would look forward to meet you when in Hyd.

Regards,
Hi Mate,
had been busy for a few days so could not check your post. it was nice reading your post about your priya andvintage cars. Seems really interesting would really look forward to meeting you in person.
Regards
Sushil Narayanan
Old 18th December 2011, 20:18   #178
BHPian

Hey Sushil,
Your scooter has really come up very well. Bright n fresh orange colour, black rubber bids/seat covers and shining silver accessories. Engine compartment is also clean n neat. Its pride of HCSC. All your efforts are fruitful. Keep it up and maintain her like this forever!!!!
Vespa/Bajaj scooter-one of the brilliant machine on indian roads.
Fiat&Me is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 21:53   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
1974 when my dad gave me this Bajaj 150, those days it was available in out of turn system (without booking) for Rs. 7200/-.
Huh?! I thought there WAS a post-booking waiting period on them at this time, something like 6-7 years??

Last edited by Stanher : 18th December 2011 at 21:57.
Old 19th December 2011, 17:53   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat&Me View Post
Hey Sushil,
Your scooter has really come up very well. Bright n fresh orange colour, black rubber bids/seat covers and shining silver accessories. Engine compartment is also clean n neat. Its pride of HCSC. All your efforts are fruitful. Keep it up and maintain her like this forever!!!!
Vespa/Bajaj scooter-one of the brilliant machine on indian roads.
Hi Brother,
Thanks for the compliments Narendra bhai, yes was able to get the
oh-ree-gee-nal shade that she came in . fortunately my painter was able to get the exact match which was seen in a small part on the removed fork and since he has had expereince of working on the vintage scooters knoew my expectations very well. Waiting to meet you in person so that you can have a look. just waiting to recover from my injuries as had an accident last week.

Thanks for the warm wishes
Regards
Sushil Narayanan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks