Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2011, 14:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Rare Find - My Bajaj PTV (Peoples / Private Transport Vehicle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreeram View Post
But My Continuous Search and Prayers were answered after 3 Looong Years. Now on 27th Sept 2011 - I have become the Proud Owner of the Second One (The Metallic Blue). The Rare Piece of our Indian Motoring History is Standing Tall in my Garage. So shortly there will be Two

Congrats Shreeram. I must admit i am seeing this for the first time and looks cute.

All the best to you for the restoration project. Can you please bring it along for one of the T-BHP meets once the restoration is done?
Old 3rd October 2011, 15:55   #17
BHPian

Here is the First Look of my PTV as an Entire Car.

A Rare Find - My Bajaj PTV (Peoples / Private Transport Vehicle)-img_20111003_041410.jpg
Shreeram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 16:06   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
Cheers man, You are lucky to have converted your interest & knowledge on PTV into a reality.

Never knew such a thing existed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by priyadarshan.b View Post
Nice find shreeram.. She looks pretty unique. Franklcy never imagined that something like this existed. All the best..
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Nice to see the PTV Shreeram. It surely looks unique and would be fun to follow its restoration.
Do keep the pics flowing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
ignore the Mess around. 3 Restorations and a lot of spares to manage within limited Space .
. Hats off to you to be living your dream and keeping your passion alive.[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Please keep us updated on your restoration project in terms of pics and details. Have fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Nice find, congratulations and all the best with all your restorations. Nice that you managed to find space for your hobby stuff . Really very difficult to convince family members to spare space for such restoration stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Congrats Shreeram. I must admit i am seeing this for the first time and looks cute.

All the best to you for the restoration project. Can you please bring it along for one of the T-BHP meets once the restoration is done?
Thank You All. Looking forward to Complete the Restoration ASAP.

@Ilangop - Yes there are Space Constraints, but i am lucky to have accommodating Parents who are supportive of my Passion.

@amit - Yes It does look cute. I Would surely like to bring it for The TBHP Meets.

@selfdrive, samsag12, Skyline GT-R, ashis89 Thank you all - Yes this thread will be updated as soon as some new work is done. But u will have to bear with me as i work alone and updates will be slow.
Old 4th October 2011, 07:18   #19
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Shreeram on the PTV. Truly a unique vehicle from India and appreciate your perseverance for finding this unique car.

There seems to the lot of small difference between Mr. Nagpurkar's cars and your car. Seems that Bajaj themselves had not frozen the design

For example to name a few

1. Front indicator lights are different. Could be aftermarket fitment in one of them
2. The front side in you car seems to have a airflap. The green car has a black panel
3. Fuel cap position seems to be different
4. Air vents on the C pillars are different
5. The roof of your car seems to have two channels

Shreeram, can you list the differences between the two cars. If you can compare the three PTV's it will be even better.

Cheers

KPS
Old 4th October 2011, 14:07   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Congrats Shreeram on the PTV. Truly a unique vehicle from India and appreciate your perseverance for finding this unique car.
Thanks a Lot.

[quote=KPS;2531320]There seems to the lot of small difference between Mr. Nagpurkar's cars and your car. Seems that Bajaj themselves had not frozen the design

They May be 2 of the four Prototypes Who Knows !!! Or I am Just be Imagining.

I am a Little Confused as the the Changes we see on mr Nagpurkars car are Better than the one's on mine (eg the air vents on the C Pillar, bigger airvents at the front etc). But the Registration on Mr Nagpurkars Car seems older than Mine MZA and MZE. Am i right ? Expert - Karl can shed some light on the Registration Years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Shreeram, can you list the differences between the two cars. If you can compare the three PTV's it will be even better.

Cheers

KPS

You Have got most of them correct

For example to name a few

1. Front indicator lights are different. Could be aftermarket fitment in one of them

The Ones on Mr Nagpurkars Car are Aftermarket. His car too had the indicators like mine. I think they must have broken and so replaced.

2. The front side in you car seems to have a airflap. The green car has a black panel.

Both of them Have an Airflap, but the Size is Different.

3. Fuel cap position seems to be different

Mine does not have the Fuel Filler cap at all . Its like the AutoRikshaws U have to Open the Panel Behind and Fill Fuel

4. Air vents on the C pillars are different - Correct

5. The roof of your car seems to have two channels - Maybe the Painter of Mr Nagpurkars car has Smoothed them ? Cannot Confirm.

6. The Stampings on the Bonnet of Both the Cars is different.

7. Look at the Door - The one on Mr. Nagpurkars Car seem to have a slant on them at the rear Edge.
Old 4th October 2011, 15:24   #21
BHPian

[quote=Shreeram;2531852]1. Front indicator lights are different. Could be aftermarket fitment in one of them
Nagpurkar's car has got the Indica side indicators on the front, and M-Omni right side mirror.

6. The Stampings on the Bonnet of Both the Cars is different.
Comparing the pictures, they look the same from the pic. Might be different.
Old 4th October 2011, 15:53   #22
BHPian

Here are both the cars side by side for comparison showing the Bonnet Stampings. I dont think he has added them, mines also not tampered with, so must have come from Factory. So both are Unique.

A Rare Find - My Bajaj PTV (Peoples / Private Transport Vehicle)-img_20111003_041410.1.jpg

A Rare Find - My Bajaj PTV (Peoples / Private Transport Vehicle)-dscn4622-web.jpg

A Rare Find - My Bajaj PTV (Peoples / Private Transport Vehicle)-dscn4623.1.size-re.jpg
Old 7th October 2011, 11:02   #23
BHPian

Nice find Shreeram and good luck with the restoration. I was wondering about the paperwork with the RTO and stuff, how do they do it for a vehicle which was never commercially manufactured?
Old 7th October 2011, 12:40   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Nice find Shreeram and good luck with the restoration. I was wondering about the paperwork with the RTO and stuff, how do they do it for a vehicle which was never commercially manufactured?

Thanks GuruDutt. Even though Bajaj had not commercially started producting the PTV, they had manufactured a Batch and sold 14-15 to Bajaj employees.These were properly Registered with the RTO by Bajaj.

I think - They must have applied to ARAI and got the Vehicles approved. (Remember 2 of the PTV's were crash tested for Safety Inspections too.) Once thats done Registering with RTO is not a Problem. And afterall Bajaj was not a small company not able to get it done.

Here is a nice Thread about What is Homologation?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ologation.html

Last edited by Shreeram : 7th October 2011 at 12:45.
Old 7th October 2011, 20:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

Apart from the bonnet pattern look at the wind flow window on the sides the green one has a larger window and Sreeram yours has a wide and small ones, I guess all these vehicles have some differences cosmetically because all these 14 or 15 as you mentioned might be of different testing process. I wish we had some employee from Bajaj who can throw more light on these beauties. How about engine bay, interior pictures Ram ? curious to see them.
Those bumpers front and the rear are they OEM or they came from factory ? because I see lot of Autos in Hyderabad also have these type of bumpers, if my guessing is right these PTV's should have the one similar to the Bajaj RE auto.
Old 7th October 2011, 22:34   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Apart from the bonnet pattern look at the wind flow window on the sides the green one has a larger window and Sreeram yours has a wide and small ones, I guess all these vehicles have some differences cosmetically because all these 14 or 15 as you mentioned might be of different testing process. I wish we had some employee from Bajaj who can throw more light on these beauties. How about engine bay, interior pictures Ram ? curious to see them.
Those bumpers front and the rear are they OEM or they came from factory ? because I see lot of Autos in Hyderabad also have these type of bumpers, if my guessing is right these PTV's should have the one similar to the Bajaj RE auto.

The Bumpers on mine are factory Fitted it seems, Directly on the Chassis. No modifications seem to be done either to the Body or the bumpers themselves. Both the Rear & Front bumper on mine and Mr Nagpurkar's Cars Rear Bumper are similar, with Exact same Mounting Points to the car. So thats what they came with.

The Front one on Mr Nagpurkars is one borrowed from another Vehicle since it was missing when he repainted it.

However The smaller ones on the sides of Mr Nagpurkars Car seem to be fitted only to his car. My car does not have any Mounting Points for the Smaller Bumpers on the Side.

I am in a Process of Contacting an Ex. Bajaj Employee who may be able to shed some light and give us more information about this Vehicle. Lets see what new facts come up.

I will Post the First Set of Pictures of the Restoration tomorrow. So keep tuned in.
Old 8th October 2011, 23:26   #27

Hello Shreeram Sir,
I am that lucky reporter, who wrote on PTV in Pune Mirror. Nagpure Sir is a gentleman. If you want some help from me...you are always welcome. Nagpure sir reside very near to me. Congrats for owning such cute vehicle.

Sandeep Kortikar
ksandeepk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2011, 13:19   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksandeepk View Post
Hello Shreeram Sir,
I am that lucky reporter, who wrote on PTV in Pune Mirror. Nagpure Sir is a gentleman. If you want some help from me...you are always welcome. Nagpure sir reside very near to me. Congrats for owning such cute vehicle.

Sandeep Kortikar
Great find all of you ....
Old 9th October 2011, 18:26   #29
BHPian

A great find. It resembles the Reliant Robin three wheeler car found in the UK.
Old 9th October 2011, 18:48   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksandeepk View Post
Hello Shreeram Sir,

Sandeep Kortikar
Waoo !!! Thats great.. Ya Sure i will get back to you if required. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideasingh View Post
Great find all of you ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlYamaha View Post
A great find. It resembles the Reliant Robin three wheeler car found in the UK.
Yes it does. only difference in the size. The PTV is very small as compared to the Robin. The Robin was a Fibre Bodied car. This is Metal.

Ok Here is an Update.

Yesterday the Starter was Overhauled.
The Entire Wiring was done today and the Carburator Cleaned.
The Fuel Line was Blocked and fuel was not getting supplied to the Carb. So that was sorted out.
A New Battery was Hocked up.

The Car will be Fired up first thing Tomorrow morning. Looking forward to it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks