Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2018, 09:47   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Brownie - RESTO 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkannant View Post
Hi Sonu,
Its been a long time , How are you doing?
Its very unfortunate that Brownie started showing so much of body damages in just 4 years. May be the tinkering and paint work was not up to the mark, I'm not sure though.
As someone had mentioned in the earlier posts, may there was too much of body fillers put instead of meticulous tinkering work.
Brownie was indeed my role model when i restored my Millecento.
All the best on your "Resto Version 2.0 "
She is more victim of my neglect and yes we have found some ominous amount of filler used but the body sheet work is pretty good.
I URGENTLY need help in sourcing the master & brake cylinders of ORIGINAL type:

Master Cylinder:
Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento-sl500-2.jpg

Slave Cylinders (Front one are slightly bigger than rear ones & rear ones have 7/8 size written on them)
Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento-api2.jpg

Will appreciate all the help I can get, I do not wish to modify brake system to PP one.

Regards-Sonu

Last edited by ariesonu : 5th February 2018 at 09:51. Reason: Formatting
ariesonu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 17:10   #167
Senior - BHPian

Re: Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento

It's not likely you will find these in India. May i recommend that you get a good turner to sleeve the internals and refinish your original cylinders. I am sure you will find matching rubber kits here in the market.
the mole is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 20:23   #168
Senior - BHPian

Re: Brownie - The restoration of my '56 Fiat Millecento

Sonu,

Amol has said correctly, you will not get these in India. Importing is the option but price would be exorbitant.

Best is to use tandem master cylinder of new premier padmini as that fits the same mounting holes.

For the wheel cylinders, recondition the old ones. In worst case you would have to only order the rubber kit for wheel cylinders.

Also I have suggested tandem master cylinder as that is much safe than the single master cylinder.

For parts there is a good website with decent prices and mostly original parts. Only downside is shipping cost. If you can ship it to US that is cheap. Otherwise you know eBay as well.
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 20:26   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
She is more victim of my neglect and yes we have found some ominous amount of filler used but the body sheet work is pretty good.
I URGENTLY need help in sourcing the master & brake cylinders of ORIGINAL type:

Master Cylinder:
Attachment 1724514

Slave Cylinders (Front one are slightly bigger than rear ones & rear ones have 7/8 size written on them)
Attachment 1724515

Will appreciate all the help I can get, I do not wish to modify brake system to PP one.

Regards-Sonu
Hi sonu
will check out with my sources and automobile stores here in Coimbatore and places around for the Master & Brake cylinders.
will keep you posted once i get any information.

please don't modify the brake system from the original, give it some time definitely we'll be able to get hold of it from some where.

cheers
Old 1st March 2018, 23:12   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkannant View Post
Hi sonu
please don't modify the brake system from the original, give it some time definitely we'll be able to get hold of it from some where.p
A little too late as I have already changed the drums. I had got the rubber kits too but they also came a little late.
However I won't mind getting originals for my next WIP project.

Regards-Sonu
ariesonu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks