Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2012, 16:29   #1
BHPian

1977 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL : Buy or not?

Hi All,

i came through a classic, no idea nor no information of this model from my side.

but came with a close resource that its for sale.

Please find the details:

This one was imported from UK four years back to Czech republic(presently where i am working).

this has got all the documents and reciepts even they registered it in CZ.

it got a RHD.

New clutch and suspension, electronic ignition and alarm, sunroof, stereo. Recent serviced.

Planning to pick this one as the daily commuter. but wanted to know after my assignment is completed can i ship it back to India as its a RHD. or sell here will i get a good price(after an year).

i am seeing the car next week as i am currently on a different country for assignment.

help is appreciated.

please note that this one is for sale for 1.5 lakhs Indian Rupees + transfer charges
Attached Thumbnails
1977 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL : Buy or not?-18432_25904.jpg  

1977 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL : Buy or not?-18432_25905.jpg  

1977 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL : Buy or not?-18432_25907.jpg  

Last edited by SPEEDY_RACER : 5th April 2012 at 16:31.
Old 5th April 2012, 17:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1977 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL : Buy or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Hi All,..... it got a RHD.........
Planning to pick this one as the daily commuter. but wanted to know after my assignment is completed can i ship it back to India as its a RHD. or sell here will i get a good price(after an year). .......i am seeing the car next week as i am currently on a different country for assignment.....help is appreciated....please note that this one is for sale for 1.5 lakhs Indian Rupees + transfer charges
Hi! You can get the car to India under TR, but it must have been registered in your name for a year when you do the TR.

Cheers harit
Old 5th April 2012, 17:28   #3
BHPian

you should be able to import the car to India with TR rule (read the detailed rules here - they haven't changed much lately - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post1531934)

please remember that a TR car must be under three years old OR there are some penality which nobody knows on what basis is calculated (and leads to bribing, etc.) and this being a 1977 car may also end up being considered as a classic.
Old 5th April 2012, 17:39   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Hi! You can get the car to India under TR, but it must have been registered in your name for a year when you do the TR.

Cheers harit
What does the TR Means? sorry for my ignorance.

i would be here for more than a Year, but the question is on reliability,
is it worth for the price, and how much it would be invoiced at customs as its a used vehicle.

Keeping the vehicle with me and importing it to India with all the custom duty paid and use it here.

or just keep the vehicle in CZ use it sell it once i am coming back. or just walk away?

Last edited by SPEEDY_RACER : 5th April 2012 at 17:53.
Old 5th April 2012, 17:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
......please remember that a TR car must be under three years old OR there are some penality which nobody knows on what basis is calculated (and leads to bribing, etc.) and this being a 1977 car may also end up being considered as a classic.
Under TR and one minimum of year ownership, car can be more than 3 years old.

Quote:
What does the TR Means? sorry for my ignorance......
TR = Transfer of Residence.

Since you are abroad for more than a year, suggest you buy a nice vintage or classic and have it registered in your name for more than a year. It must be RHD. BTW, this Triumph Dolomite is not too expensive if all is in good shape. Do consult others and select a suitable car. But you must have some moolah left over to pay for freight and custom duties.

Cheers harit

Last edited by harit : 5th April 2012 at 18:01.
Old 5th April 2012, 17:54   #6
Team-BHP Support

Be aware it is based on the 1965 Triumph 1300, the successor to the Herald. The Dolomite was actually quite sporty and was the precursor to the BMW 3 series in the 70's. the Brits lost it and BmW reigned supreme.

The steering is heavy. My aunt had one. Very comfortable though. The Dolomite Sprint is a classic - twin cam engine
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 18:04   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Hi All,

i came through a classic, no idea nor no information of this model from my side.

but came with a close resource that its for sale.

Please find the details:

This one was imported from UK four years back to Czech republic(presently where i am working).

this has got all the documents and reciepts even they registered it in CZ.

it got a RHD.

New clutch and suspension, electronic ignition and alarm, sunroof, stereo. Recent serviced.

Planning to pick this one as the daily commuter. but wanted to know after my assignment is completed can i ship it back to India as its a RHD. or sell here will i get a good price(after an year).

i am seeing the car next week as i am currently on a different country for assignment.

help is appreciated.

please note that this one is for sale for 1.5 lakhs Indian Rupees + transfer charges
Well buddy,

Its a good car, Quite sporty,The Dolomite Sprint was better built.

But mostly Unreliable and not even considered a classic or collectible, for you to put so much effort in getting it here

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 5th April 2012 at 18:10.
Old 8th April 2012, 01:11   #8
BHPian

Hi Guys,

today i got chance to see the vehicle Personally, i should say that its one of the pristine condition vehicle in the same condition as pictures say, took the test drive and it was amazing.

But i was little bit delayed since some one has already gave the advance for the vehicle.

hi mods.

Kindly close this thread.

Most Viewed