Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2012, 09:56   #76
BHPian

Re: Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350biker View Post
Regarding the tyres, I have right now sourced the Dunlop make tyre since MRF we not readily available. It was kind of a hasty decision keeping in mind that the bike has to go out of town for the 28th meet. A lot many people have advised me to go for the MRF make tyres. Will surely look out next time.
I think I've posted elsewhere on the forum about this. Don't bother with MRF Nylogrips. They're hard compound tyres, which means they will probably outlive the bike, but their performance especially on wet roads leaves much to be desired.

The Dunlop UniGrip JAPs on the other hand are a softer compound. Not as much life, but excellent handling! I've gotten about 7,000km on my Dunlops so far, with many highway miles and not a single puncture. And they look good for atleast another 10k more.

If you are looking to upgrade, try the Michelin M45. A bit expensive, but supposed to be very good. But I'm sure you'll be more than happy with the Dunlops. Good decision

Did you find them in Nasik itself? I might need a pair of them soon.

Cheers,
Rahul
Old 5th November 2012, 18:09   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
I think I've posted elsewhere on the forum about this. Don't bother with MRF Nylogrips. They're hard compound tyres, which means they will probably outlive the bike, but their performance especially on wet roads leaves much to be desired.

The Dunlop UniGrip JAPs on the other hand are a softer compound. Not as much life, but excellent handling! I've gotten about 7,000km on my Dunlops so far, with many highway miles and not a single puncture. And they look good for atleast another 10k more.

If you are looking to upgrade, try the Michelin M45. A bit expensive, but supposed to be very good. But I'm sure you'll be more than happy with the Dunlops. Good decision

Did you find them in Nasik itself? I might need a pair of them soon.

Cheers,
Rahul
Rahul, you are right. Dunlops are "not so bad" i guess. Actually as i said earlier, I was preparing the bike for the ride on the 28th and therefore it was a hasty decision to pickup whatever was available.

You mentioned that u might need a pair ? I will check with the shop and will let you know for sure.
350biker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 19:10   #78
BHPian

Couple of small but very important updates:

Was able to source the some items for MVC 382 like the Big sprocket,small sprocket, Rajdoot Chain, Small chain, brake cam springs for front brake.

One super change in the bike is that I have managed to get the auto clutch engaged and therefore I am a bit relaxed about the clutch cable getting broken / damaged on longer routes.

The bike is almost 95 % complete as I would have ever imagined it to.

I am going to meet the original owner next week and would love to give him a ride on his bike. Hoping to get some good wishes and compliments from him.
Old 15th November 2012, 08:23   #79
BHPian

Posting some recent pictures of the bike
Attached Thumbnails
Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-img01259201211101033.jpg  

Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-img01258201211101005.jpg  

Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-img01257201211101004.jpg  

Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-img01190201210280928.jpg  

Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-img01189201210280927.jpg  

Old 30th December 2012, 20:13   #80
BHPian

Update as on year end 2012 :

The bike runs like a dream, flies like an angel and (touchwood) till date has not given me any major trouble.

Small tantrums have been thrown though.

Clutch wire breaking, footrest going very very loose, centre stand spring giving way, and headlight switch not working when needed are things that i just smile and let go because otherwise the bike is superb.

Somehow the only point that disturbs me is that the bike takes atleast 20 - 30 kicks if started after 3 - 4 days. I dont know why but I really need to get this checked. No matter what i do, it takes atleast 30 kicks before it springs to life.

2012 has been a great year for me. After getting and restoring MVC 382, I was finally able to tick mark on one of the "things that i plan to do before i die list"

Things planned now are fitting the Saari guard, the chain cover, a horn that works and getting the electricals redone.

Will keep this thread as alive as I can.
Old 3rd February 2013, 12:29   #81
BHPian

Update as on Feb 2013:

Fitted some leftover things to the bike:

- Chain Cover
- Saari Guard
- New meter (courtesy Ilango P)
- New Switch
Attached Thumbnails
Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-20130203_1206051.jpg  

Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-20130203_1206191.jpg  

Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-20130203_1206311.jpg  

350biker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 08:12   #82
BHPian

Yezdi Wiring issues

Hi,

I have a 1975 Yezdi Classic Type 2, the bike now is fully painted and chromed.

We fixed the wiring yesterday and tried to start the bike, but the spark seems to be too low.

Since we are doing the restoration on our own can you please let us know what would be the reasons for the poor spark.

And also can any one post pictures of the dynamo wiring (actual pictures has on the bike, since i have the wiring diagram already).

Does the wire from the points directly go to the Ignition coil or should it be connected to the dynamo and then connected to the ignition coil.

Please advice.

Thanks,
Vamsi

Last edited by reddy6980 : 25th April 2013 at 08:13.
Old 25th April 2013, 15:59   #83
BHPian

Re: Yezdi Wiring issues

Vamsi,

try and get hold of Three wheeler ignition coil mostly manufactured by lucas.

Regards,
Ranjit
Old 17th September 2013, 13:34   #84

igniting an old thread,@350biker congrats on the super awesome bike restoration project. I too have a yezdi classic at my home in Nasik and have been toying with the idea of restoring it to its former glory myself. I started with that in 2009 rode it for a couple of months and found out that the mechanic has ripped me off my replacing my original parts to not so good ones, whats more the carb broke off a piece, never had the heart to start it again. But want to start it again and would like to know who is the mechanic and where in nasik is he?

@ Jawabiker - your knowledge is great when it comes to Yezdi's
Old 30th September 2013, 17:24   #85
BHPian

Hi parijatborse,

Just get the bike on road, we all are here to help you out on this.
Where are you put up in nashik?

Regards,
Ranjit
jawabiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 18:29   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parijatborse View Post
igniting an old thread,@350biker congrats on the super awesome bike restoration project. I too have a yezdi classic at my home in Nasik and have been toying with the idea of restoring it to its former glory myself. I started with that in 2009 rode it for a couple of months and found out that the mechanic has ripped me off my replacing my original parts to not so good ones, whats more the carb broke off a piece, never had the heart to start it again. But want to start it again and would like to know who is the mechanic and where in nasik is he?

@ Jawabiker - your knowledge is great when it comes to Yezdi's
@parijatbose: Thanks a lot buddy !!

Regarding your bike, stop toying with the idea to restore the bike --- Just go ahead and do it.

Let me know incase you need any help regarding this project. Nasik has its own club by the name of NYJC - Nasik Yezdi Jawa Club with more than 65 members who meet every month !!

Please let me know where the bike is located in Nasik. Would love to drop by and have a look.

cheers,

Prasad
350biker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 15:34   #87

@350biker and jawabiker - these days im in Thane, but im in nasik on the weekends usually, at my home near the symbiosis school of management. when im in town i could let you know and we can meet up and you can have a look at it as well.
Old 21st October 2013, 11:42   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parijatborse View Post
@350biker and jawabiker - these days im in Thane, but im in nasik on the weekends usually, at my home near the symbiosis school of management. when im in town i could let you know and we can meet up and you can have a look at it as well.
Great !! Looking forward to meeting you and your bike

By the way, I know a good mechanic not very far from your house who works on Yezdis and Jawas.

Keep in touch.
Old 21st October 2013, 11:55   #89
BHPian

Seeing all these pictures, i feel like a fool to have given my 1987 model yezdi,to a workshop guy for free nearly 7 years back.Now a days there is good demand for old bikes.
Old 21st October 2013, 17:28   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
Seeing all these pictures, i feel like a fool to have given my 1987 model yezdi,to a workshop guy for free nearly 7 years back.Now a days there is good demand for old bikes.
Hahaha. I can understand your situation. My father sold our 1964 Italian fiat in original company blue paint only for 15,000/- and I still dont know why.

Jawa, Yezdi, Lambretta, Vijay Super, Rd 350 all these vehicles once sold to bhangarwallas as scrap, literally on per kg basis are now collectors item.

Anyways, as you mentioned you had given your bike to the workshop guy for free, why dont you go and ask him back for the bike? I am sure if the bike is still on your name it wont be very difficult to get it back.

All the best for the hunt !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks