Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2012, 20:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kolkata - 1957 Fiat Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIAT'57'Kolkata View Post
Hello Friends,

With great difficulty I have managed to procure the following parts for my car:
  • Original meter showing kmph (maybe of a later model but looks very close).
I have the MPH meter for the Elegent model with me. You can have if you want. Just that it's lying in my home town, will take some time to get it.
Old 29th June 2012, 19:55   #17
BHPian

Kolkata - 1957 Fiat Elegant

Hello Friends,

A very good evening...

With God's grace I have procured a few more original parts for my Elegant:
  • 5 pcs 'clip type' rims ( excluding the 1 pc which came with the car. Most of the clips broken - bhpians please advice )
  • 4 pcs almost fresh Bumper Guards.
  • 1 Miles per hour meter (intact - needs servicing), with the original meter consoul (ss patti with 2 toggle switches). So now I have two meters, 1 km and the other Miles.
  • The original horn, spout type. Would be kept as spare as I already have 1 fitted to the car.
  • Marshal fog light glass lence. need the ring and reflector.
Warm Regards...
Old 30th June 2012, 09:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends,

A very good evening...

With God's grace I have procured a few more original parts for my Elegant:
  • 5 pcs 'clip type' rims ( excluding the 1 pc which came with the car. Most of the clips broken - bhpians please advice )
  • 4 pcs almost fresh Bumper Guards.
  • 1 Miles per hour meter (intact - needs servicing), with the original meter consoul (ss patti with 2 toggle switches). So now I have two meters, 1 km and the other Miles.
  • The original horn, spout type. Would be kept as spare as I already have 1 fitted to the car.
  • Marshal fog light glass lence. need the ring and reflector.
Warm Regards...

Wow congrats on finding the bits so quick ,I have been looking for rims and the SS switch patti for my millecento for a while now without luck .I think if you have the fog light lens you should be able to adapt some other reflector ,but the ring may be tough .

good luck on the parts collection and restoration ..

prashanth
Old 30th June 2012, 10:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
1. 5 pcs 'clip type' rims ( excluding the 1 pc which came with the car. Most of the clips broken - bhpians please advice )
2. Marshal fog light glass lence. need the ring and reflector.
1. Is it not possible to fabricate & weld such clips on the rim. I havent seen an Elegant in such details though. This just an idea that came to my mind
2. Sice you already have the rim & reflector in the car, why not re-chrome them and use the new lens.
-Ilango

Last edited by ilangop : 30th June 2012 at 10:58.
Old 30th June 2012, 13:50   #20
BHPian

One Fellow owner of a Beautifull Elegant in Pune informed me about some parts he car procure for us. I have asked him to give a list to me. The Parts Owner was asking 10K but afterwards is saying all parts for 8000rs. but we need to ascertain the number of parts to ascertain its value. Lets see waiting for a complete list from him. I will let you know.

Regards
Shreeram
Old 30th June 2012, 15:28   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreeram View Post
One Fellow owner of a Beautifull Elegant in Pune informed me about some parts he car procure for us. I have asked him to give a list to me. The Parts Owner was asking 10K but afterwards is saying all parts for 8000rs. but we need to ascertain the number of parts to ascertain its value. Lets see waiting for a complete list from him. I will let you know. Regards Shreeram
Dear Shreeram - can you please PM me your contact number and the concerned gentleman's contact number also, I would like to go and see these parts. I work in Pimpri and I stay in Pune.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 30th June 2012, 15:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Shreeram - can you please PM me your contact number and the concerned gentleman's contact number also, I would like to go and see these parts. I work in Pimpri and I stay in Pune.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
And if these turn out to be cosmetic parts, you know the guys to hand them over. We are in queue .
Old 30th June 2012, 16:56   #23
BHPian

As i said i dont know what parts he has, but he mentioned mostly Parts Such as Timing chain, Shockups, Engine Bushes etc. We will see when we get the list. I dont have the contact number of the Parts Dealer,the Elegant Owner has, the Spares Parts Dealer is not in Pune though. I will get his number and PM you.
Old 30th June 2012, 18:10   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
Wow congrats on finding the bits so quick ,I have been looking for rims and the SS switch patti for my millecento for a while now without luck .I think if you have the fog light lens you should be able to adapt some other reflector ,but the ring may be tough .

good luck on the parts collection and restoration ..

prashanth
Sir, I now have six rims and can pass one to you once this car is totaly restored. Well this morning I adapted the Bajaj scooter reflector with this original glass which is a perfect fit. Now im looking for the ring.. thanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
1. Is it not possible to fabricate & weld such clips on the rim. I havent seen an Elegant in such details though. This just an idea that came to my mind
2. Sice you already have the rim & reflector in the car, why not re-chrome them and use the new lens.
-Ilango
Sir , there is some one who has promised me to try fabricating tempered clips as per sample, so fingers crossed. The rim and reflector which is existing in my car deserves to be thrown out of the window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreeram View Post
One Fellow owner of a Beautifull Elegant in Pune informed me about some parts he car procure for us. I have asked him to give a list to me. The Parts Owner was asking 10K but afterwards is saying all parts for 8000rs. but we need to ascertain the number of parts to ascertain its value. Lets see waiting for a complete list from him. I will let you know.

Regards
Shreeram
Sir I would be highly oblidged if you could arange any of the spares required as per my list given, with the help of this contact.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 30th June 2012 at 18:26. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 1st July 2012, 14:12   #25
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

This bright Sunday morning brought me luck as I came across the original ivory plastic inner handle washers. There were 10 pcs available, which I picked up...
Old 2nd July 2012, 13:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

So seem to be well informed about the spare parts shops or you are extremely extremely lucky man. Either way congrats on your finds.

I have a very small (4-5 items) list can you help me in that. Else most have been sourced / bought.
Old 2nd July 2012, 20:29   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
So seem to be well informed about the spare parts shops or you are extremely extremely lucky man. Either way congrats on your finds.

I have a very small (4-5 items) list can you help me in that. Else most have been sourced / bought.
Most definately! u can jod down your requirement here, and I could hunt for you as well. I feel I have just been lucky enough, but still I have a long way to go..
Old 3rd July 2012, 10:31   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most definately! u can jod down your requirement here, and I could hunt for you as well. I feel I have just been lucky enough, but still I have a long way to go..
Ok will mail you the requirment with pictures, that will be good. Please PM me your mail Id.

I need 4-5 items only.
Old 4th July 2012, 04:47   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
-Ilango
When Sanjay restored my 62 Fiat 1100 Deluxe, he made a custom pin for the rim that I could fit my aluminum original hub caps on for show & for daily use the Padmini Caps.

I can find the photos I took on them but suggest you contact him directly.
I hit a high curb and lost one of the "pins" which he will be making up for me.

If you want to see my car & the pins, contact me and I will give you the address.
Old 4th July 2012, 10:03   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
When Sanjay restored my 62 Fiat 1100 Deluxe, he made a custom pin for the rim that I could fit my aluminum original hub caps on for show & for daily use the Padmini Caps.

I can find the photos I took on them but suggest you contact him directly.
I hit a high curb and lost one of the "pins" which he will be making up for me.
If you want to see my car & the pins, contact me and I will give you the address.
John, Thanks for your reply. A custom made pin was just a suggestion, as so many years have passed by since the launch of the car itself and it would be absolutey impossible to find a original replacement (May be at a high premium). Getting such small parts fabricated (may be with materials even better than the OE quality for that period). Though I am interested in Fiats, I dont have one at this point of time. Thanks again.
-Ilango

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks