Team-BHP - Restored Fiat 1100 Delight
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   Restored Fiat 1100 Delight (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/122076-restored-fiat-1100-delight.html)

We recently restored a single owner 1965 Fiat 1100d (Body made in Italy) to its original state. I have attached a few pictures of the entire process. I will surely attach more pictures of the finished vehicle. Hope you guys like it. My father and I picked the color scheme from the original shade card from Italy. It took around 1 year to bring the car to its current condition. We are currently using this car in Mumbai as our Sunday car.

Bharat ,

Truly a ground up brilliant restoration i should say ,the process and the finish is great,which i have rarely seen on the cars being restored nowadays ,Really appreciate it and i am sure it will be a perfect machine you could drive around with confidence .

Good luck

Prashanth

Quote:

Originally Posted by bharat malaviya (Post 2810736)
We recently restored a single owner 1965 Fiat 1100d (Body made in Italy) to its original state. I have attached a few pictures of the entire process. I will surely attach more pictures of the finished vehicle. Hope you guys like it.

Glad to finally see pictures prior to restoration - the car must certainly have been incredibly clean to begin with. I can see you guys have gone about the whole process very meticulously - can you please share a detailed step-by-step procedure of the restoration? Many of us will benifit.

Really happy to see another restorer of such vintage cars!This car was always my dad's favourite. And the pictures posted show that full care and attention was given to the Car during the restoration process!

And as Moderator Karlosdeville said, We'll be highly thankful if you could share a detailed step-by-step procedure so that it not only helps but also motivates others to bring back THE OLD GLORY!

Keep revvin'
S@ndy

Amazing outcome, you have completely changed the meaning of restoration from the above few pics :). Am seriously short of words. Eagerly look forward to some more pics of the car as well as the WIP pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bharat malaviya
We recently restored a single owner 1965 Fiat 1100d (Body made in Italy) to its original state. I have attached a few pictures of the entire process. I will surely attach more pictures of the finished vehicle. Hope you guys like it. My father and I picked the color scheme from the original shade card from Italy. It took around 1 year to bring the car to its current condition. We are currently using this car in Mumbai as our Sunday car.

A labour of love indeed!
Watch the movie Come September and you will see a few of these beauties in the opening scene!
This kind of work brings back beautiful memories for us 1970's born people, whose families typically owned one or other avatar of these classics!
All the best!

Thank you members for your comments, I highly appreciate them. As requested, I will surely do a write up on the entire process of the restoration.

Until Then do enjoy some more pictures. I will also attach more detailed pictures in the near future. Enjoy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bharat malaviya (Post 2810736)

A very neat restorationclap:

Can u share with us the details of the restorer ?

Must have costed more than twice the actual value of the car, but who cares, when its resurrected back to life like a Show-room piececlap:

I really like the way in which the modern radiator & the Air-Conditioning system is integrated very neatly.

An excellent restoration work! The car is a real head turner! clap: The white walls look amazing! Eagerly awaiting the write up on the entire process and of course the pictures.

Regards and Keep Revving, :thumbs up

Rahul Waghmare.

A superb transformation indeed! clap:

You're also lucky to end up with a rare Italian imported 1100D!

Although may I point out that replacing the orange parking light lenses (which came only on Padminis AFAIK) with white ones that came on the Italian 1100Ds would make it all the more authentic though this is of course a minor detail.

Gosh, the car looks like it's just rolled off the assembly line. Superb looking Fiat, congratulations to you, your Dad and the restorer. The work appears to have been done by someone with surgical cleanliness.

@bharat malaviya - nice work there, lovely choice of colours too, despite being perilously close to the surfeit of the blue-and-white combo abounding around; your unique shade of the grey/blue is delicious. Congrats!

If I may point out a couple of observations though, and please don't mind it, it's in genuine excitement at your wonderful effort - one, the excessive use of the brown/tan colour on the various parts, or is that correct on the original made-in-Italy 1100Ds? Even on the oil filter, tappet cover, etc.? And, silver on the air-filter, etc.? I'm asking you since you've obviously done a lot of research on this car, so I'll go with what you share.

Secondly, the chrome in the centre of the front bumper seems to be fading, or are my eyes playing tricks?

What about the monogrammes? And where did you get these broad white-wall cross plys? Are they same as the regular 5.60x14s. What brand?

Congrats again, and thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing another set of pics, must say that dual tone shade looks total period. Besides that i really liked the wheel caps, Cromodora grill and that upholstery. BTW what about the original bumper over riders, IIRC Italian delights sold in India had long full metal over riders as opposed to the ones on your car, which came on Delights sold in Italy. I may be wrong. Gurus please clarify this. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsag12 (Post 2811568)
BTW what about the original bumper over riders, IIRC Italian delights sold in India had long full metal over riders as opposed to the ones on your car, which came on Delights sold in Italy. I may be wrong. Gurus please clarify this. :)

Only the delights sold in India (the initial italian CKD ones as well as the later Indian-made ones) had the full-metal long/slim overriders. The delights abroad (made in Italy) had the padmini ones with the 'padmini' type bumpers only all along.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 2811569)
Only the delights sold in India (the initial italian CKD ones as well as the later Indian-made ones) had the full-metal long/slim overriders. The delights abroad (made in Italy) had the padmini ones with the 'padmini' type bumpers only all along.

So this means i was correct with the bumper over rider thing :). Thanks a lot for the clarification Shyam bhai.

PS: I messaged you regarding something the other day, hope you got my PM.