Team-BHP - 1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/137009-1960-fiat-1100-select-ownership-log.html)

Well, many would have know about my Select, somehow I missed to start a thread for her. So here we go, I picked her up in Nov 2012. Its a wonderful car that was restored perfectly. Its far superior than my Super Select.

The paint job and attention to detail was just too good. The rear windshield and the roof upholstery are OE ones! Has magnetti marelli OE parts and some "Made in Italy" markings in others. One of a kind for sure. Blessed to have such a car!

Moreover this car has not be driven for the last 8 yrs! 5-6 yrs for the resto job and then it has been parked in the garage. But drives brilliantly. Niggling issues might come up, but nothing is gonna be serious.

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-1.jpg

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-2.jpg

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-3.jpg

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-4.jpg

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-5.jpg

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-6.jpg

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-7.jpg

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-8.jpg

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-9.jpg

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-10.jpg

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-11.jpg

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-12.jpg

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-13.jpg

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-14.jpg

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-15.jpg

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-16.jpg

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-17.jpg

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-18.jpg

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-19.jpg

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-20.jpg

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-21.jpg

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-22.jpg

1960 Fiat 1100 Select: Ownership Log-dsc_0543.jpg

She's been driving well in city, but haven't taken her out on highways. Friday will be her maiden long drive after many many years as I'm taking her to Coonoor for the vintage rally along with my Super Select.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks

@ H14, that's a true Fiat Fan I must say... All your Fiat's look stunning. Congratulations on your newest Fiat. I must say even the Fiat Select is a "looker" and give its most modern brother a run for its money when it comes to the "looks" department... Kudos once again on the acquisition and Safe Motoring...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawnilrules (Post 3134986)
@ H14, that's a true Fiat Fan I must say... All your Fiat's look stunning. Congratulations on your newest Fiat. I must say even the Fiat Select is a "looker" and give its most modern brother a run for its money when it comes to the "looks" department... Kudos once again on the acquisition and Safe Motoring...

Hi,wait till our dear Ravi ji,notices this and he will go out of his flat window to see if his select is there or STOLEN :)and is at your place......pls dont get offended ,as Ravi is also having similar select..

Quote:

Originally Posted by h14 (Post 3134683)
The paint job and attention to detail was just too good. The rear windshield and the roof upholstery are OE ones! Has magnetti marelli OE parts and some "Made in Italy" markings in others. One of a kind for sure. Blessed to have such a car!

Absolutely jaw dropping work! Undoubtedly one of the best restoration job I've seen.
Body panel finish is as good as factory. How long did it take to get here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI (Post 3134997)
pls dont get offended ,as Ravi is also having similar select..

Sirjee, Ravi's fiat is NOT Select but a SUPER-SELECT! The successor of Select. lol:
You just need to look at his handle "Superselect" to know! :P

It is painted in a similar colour combo though.

I liked the color choice .It looks more of OE. In my younger days my father had a safari ,It had same instrument cluster. I loved to see the red tape increase as speed increased.Its really great you have still retained it. Does the dash indicator light(rotating the nob, light can be made dim)still work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI (Post 3134997)
Hi,wait till our dear Ravi ji,notices this and he will go out of his flat window to see if his select is there or STOLEN :)and is at your place......pls dont get offended ,as Ravi is also having similar select..

Understand Iqbal! Ravi ji has seen this car long back when I posted on FB :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen (Post 3135027)
Absolutely jaw dropping work! Undoubtedly one of the best restoration job I've seen.
Body panel finish is as good as factory. How long did it take to get here?

Thx a ton Rudra! Yes the workmanship is amazing. When I went to see the car, I was awestruck. Did not even bother to start the engine and see. I drove it only after buying it.

The restoration took 5 yrs is what the mech told me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narendra.vw (Post 3135049)
I liked the color choice .It looks more of OE. In my younger days my father had a safari ,It had same instrument cluster. I loved to see the red tape increase as speed increased.Its really great you have still retained it. Does the dash indicator light(rotating the nob, light can be made dim)still work.

Thx narendra.vw! I was not aware of the light until you told me. Will check it out this weekend when I visit Coimbatore.

My God! What an unbelievably beautiful and original Select.. clap:

Hats off to you bro, this is such a fabulous find!! Keep her well, enjoy miles and miles of blissful motoring :)

Absolutely stunning piece of work there. The paint job and color choice is fantastic. You are a true Fiat fan . Now time to add a Punto to the fleet..

Hearty Congratulations Anand..It would be good to fit OE Fiat wheels caps, like the below ones which I have on my Delight.
They are available in Hyderabad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSelect (Post 3135104)
My God! What an unbelievably beautiful and original Select.. clap:

Hats off to you bro, this is such a fabulous find!! Keep her well, enjoy miles and miles of blissful motoring :)

Thanks again Ravi Ji :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxTorque (Post 3135191)
Absolutely stunning piece of work there. The paint job and color choice is fantastic. You are a true Fiat fan . Now time to add a Punto to the fleet..

MaxTorque, thanks a ton! Just added an S10 to the garage. So a Punto has to wait for more time :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillram (Post 3135279)
Hearty Congratulations Anand..It would be good to fit OE Fiat wheels caps, like the below ones which I have on my Delight.
They are available in Hyderabad.

Thx again Ram Sir! Can you help me to source the caps if still available? Always been on the hunt for one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by h14 (Post 3135371)

Thx again Ram Sir! Can you help me to source the caps if still available? Always been on the hunt for one.

Sure Anand.I will source them for you.

The 1100 looks beautiful! Everything from the exterior paint job to the engine bay and the interiors looks factory spec.. I often wonder how you guys manage to restore these vehicles. It must take a huge amount of patience and effort.
Congratulations on this feat. Is there a thread on the other wonderful Fiats parked in your garage? It's quite a collection :)

Cheers,
Sam

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillram (Post 3135427)
Sure Anand.I will source them for you.

Thanks a lot Sir!

Quote:

Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia (Post 3135440)
The 1100 looks beautiful! Everything from the exterior paint job to the engine bay and the interiors looks factory spec.. I often wonder how you guys manage to restore these vehicles. It must take a huge amount of patience and effort.
Congratulations on this feat. Is there a thread on the other wonderful Fiats parked in your garage? It's quite a collection :)

Cheers,
Sam

Thx Sam! No seperate thread. But have individual threads! The only guy missing in this group photos is my S10 which was after this picture was taken.

Link to my other threads

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...er-select.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...rship-log.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ished-too.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...rship-log.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...y-my-amby.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...l-enfield.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by h14 (Post 3134683)
Well, many would have know about my Select, somehow I missed to start a thread for her. So here we go, I picked her up in Nov 2012. Its a wonderful car that was restored perfectly. Its far superior than my Super Select.

Wow the Fiats are seriously a feast for the eyes, especially the new addition to your pristine and fine collection of the fiats, great, you are taking good care of them and it feels great to see good things in good hands.:thumbs up