Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2013, 10:17   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The first Indian Scooter - Atlanta

Hari Shankar drops the following note:

Quote:
I am very glad to see the posting by Foby Sebastian about the first Indian Scooter- Atlanta.

I am Hari Shankar, Son of Sri. P. S. Thankappan- the project director of the Atlanta Scooter project and whose name is mentioned in the write up. By any standards, the Atlanta Scooter project was a wonderful achievement- the prototype was almost hand made, with the components made using ordinary Engine lathes and milling machines.

It was made by a team of 32 blacksmiths. The whole design was given by Mr. N H Raj Kumar. It was my Father who converted that design in to a reality. The sad part is that such a work never received the acknowledgement which was due and largely went unnoticed. I have with me the carburater of the scooter.

Also, in my collection i have the speedometer which was hand made. I would like to thank Foby for posting this and also to Team BHP for bringing this into light. Thank you Hari
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 10:28   #17

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd January 2014 at 14:30.
thecoolsundar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th December 2020, 00:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Here is a new malayalam video about this scooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Mr. Rajkumar started a company by himself and named it Ranjan Motor India after his beloved sons Anil Ranjan and Vinayan Ranjan....Dr. Vinayan still remember his dad's sleepless night's working on Atlanta's sketches and the pre-production prototype paper works. He also remembers driving his dad's dream circa 1976-77. The same Atlanta is still with Dr. Vinayan.
Incidentally my home is walking distance from Dr. Vinay's home and I used to be a regular visitor to his clinic during childhood. Unfortunately, I don't remember seeing this scooter or anyone nearby owning one. Will try to meet the Dr and get more pics when I visit my hometown the next time.
Jaguar is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 08:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Some more update on the Atlanta scooter came via Ramprashanth & Raghu on our WhatsApp group.

https://www.onmanorama.com/news/busi...la-indian.html

The first Indian Scooter - Atlanta-atlanta-1.jpg

The first Indian Scooter - Atlanta-atlanta-2.jpg

The first Indian Scooter - Atlanta-atlanta-3.jpg
manishalive is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks