Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2015, 22:06   #31
BHPian

Re: Restored my 1963 Jawa 353!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvr View Post
The manifold that you are referring to is actually the cover for the concealed carb.
Thanks silvr, but the carb is sitting way low w.r.t the cylinder head which aroused my curiosity
Old 15th September 2015, 22:33   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanoze View Post
Hi everyone,

I hope you like these pictures and I would really love to hear your comments.

Thanks

That's a fabulous restoration and on good looking handsome bike! Congratulations.
I had a Yezdi a long time back (literally grew up on it) and looking at this one brought back those nostalgic memories.

I noticed that in the post-restoration pic, the leg guard in the front is missing. It is better to have one installed as soon as possible in the interest of safety.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 15th September 2015 at 22:35.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 06:01   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Thanks silvr, but the carb is sitting way low w.r.t the cylinder head which aroused my curiosity
Two stroke = Carb mounted onto cylinder or crankcase itself.
Piston port intake + straight manifold here has the carb sitting lower.
Rennjit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 12:33   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
That's a fabulous restoration and on good looking handsome bike! Congratulations.
I had a Yezdi a long time back (literally grew up on it) and looking at this one brought back those nostalgic memories.

I noticed that in the post-restoration pic, the leg guard in the front is missing. It is better to have one installed as soon as possible in the interest of safety.
Thanks, and I agree on the safety aspect. But I have knowingly not mounted it as yet to preserve the original stock look of the bike. Have it all chromed and ready but still holding back
Old 16th September 2015, 16:52   #35
BHPian

Hello every one,
I have recently acquired a jawa 250, its recently restored,however the detailing is pretty much shoddy, so I have decided to restore it.can any one tell where I could get the block ,piston and rings from.
Old 16th September 2015, 17:23   #36

Quote:
Hello every one,
I have recently acquired a jawa 250, its recently restored,however the detailing is pretty much shoddy, so I have decided to restore it.can any one tell where I could get the block ,piston and rings from.
In my experience that was one of the toughest parts to find but I recently saw one on olx.in try searching there but it's your mechanic who can vet if that block piston would be good enough or not and I doubt if pics (on olx or any other site) can give a good representation of the real thing.
Old 16th September 2015, 19:31   #37
BHPian

Quote:
In my experience that was one of the toughest parts to find but I recently saw one on olx.in try searching there but it's your mechanic who can vet if that block piston would be good enough or not and I doubt if pics (on olx or any other site) can give a good representation of the real thing.
Thank you sir,
Unfortunately I don't have any trustable mechanic here,they have little experience with old machines,I am going to do it myself :P.so please help me to get them
Old 16th September 2015, 21:46   #38

Quote:
Thank you sir,
Unfortunately I don't have any trustable mechanic here,they have little experience with old machines,I am going to do it myself :P.so please help me to get them
http://olx.in/item/jawa-250-block-pi...tml#96451d2899

This is where I can see the block on olx. Piston and ring are easier to source but I would rely on other veterans in this forum to guide on whether this is the right piece. I honestly do not have much idea and thankfully I had a good mechanic in Bombay.
Old 3rd September 2016, 12:30   #39
BHPian

Quote:
http://olx.in/item/jawa-250-block-pi...tml#96451d2899

This is where I can see the block on olx. Piston and ring are easier to source but I would rely on other veterans in this forum to guide on whether this is the right piece. I honestly do not have much idea and thankfully I had a good mechanic in Bombay.
Finally she is gone to a better home, was tired of the constant niggles related to the point setting/procurement of parts, and failing components.
I guess that's the part of experience of owning a classic, but frankly speaking, I am done. I love persuading a lady but not the narcissistic one .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks